Is there hope for Bulls?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
State of the Franchise.

1) Keep cutting the fat. Calderon, Gibson...

2) Don't pay a non-max player the max because we can. A max player on a max would be a steal right now in two years.

3) Jimmy Butler needs to make friends in Brazil. Those are the guys really worth the max. Cousins, Durant, Irving, Thompson...any others with contracts coming in next 3 years? Rub some shoulders,

4) We need a kings miracle and that eighth pick

5) Butler midseason injury, so we get two top ten picks.

6) Keep Jimmy no matter what, if only because his contract is a steal. Trade only for windfall.

7) Portis, Mirotic, McDermott, Snell are the greatest hope of this team. They need to keep taking steps.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
not with Gar Forman still employed

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Realistically only 3-4 teams have a legit shot at being champions and I'm being generous. Now consider you need competence and luck(draft picks/injuries on our team and competition). And ask yourself where does garpax rank there? This team is going to blow for awhile bros

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Realistically only 3-4 teams have a legit shot at being champions and I'm being generous. Now consider you need competence and luck(draft picks/injuries on our team and competition). And ask yourself where does garpax rank there? This team is going to blow for awhile bros

Maybe. If Butler makes friends with Cousins that changes things quickly. Valentine/Grant/Moore/Calderon might give us more than Rose did last year and could allow Butler to play more SF. Without Rose hogging the ball perhaps we can get our young shooters going.

Hawks/Thunder/Cavs/GS are the only teams I think will shoot better than this core from the perimeter in the coming 2-3 years. We have some outside assassins.

Rose was false hope, the current team is much more balanced already, doesn't have the defensive liability isssues of Gasol, and has many young starters.

Valentine/Butler/Mcdermott/Mirotic/Portis is already a young and viable team to me. Their youth and mileage will make up for alot. Everyone on that team can shoot, Nobody stops the ball except Mirotic and Butler.

Valentine was the best floor general in all of college. All 5 of those starters are highly highly intelligent basketball players. Butler getting his Duke Coach up as well.

Lopez/Dunleavy/Gibson/Moore/Calderon/Snell/FAbricio are all viable depth options. I mean...your right we can't defeat a top team with that. Valentine would have to be a star, rookie of the year. Which he might. Portis is right there, runner up. Mirotic runner up. McBuckets top 10 3 point shooter, elevating to top 5 this year.

two way star in Butler nice luxury. Lopez is legit minutes. Portis is going to get so much better because he wants it bad and has boatloads of talent.

I know we are defeated and depressed, I don't think we are that bad.

Porkchop Express

Liked Posts:
Bulls need to sign Ryan Anderson. It'll give the Bulls another 3 point shooter (you can't have enough) and another PF to go along with Portis & Gibson. Trade Mirotic along with either Snell, Dinwiddie or Calderon and get a PG or a "future first round draft pick".

Maybe a package deal of Mirotic and Snell for Deron Williams, should Dallas sign Mike Conley. Both Mirotic & Williams have 2 years left on their deals. Dallas will then have a replacement piece should Nowitzki moves on.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Bulls need to sign Ryan Anderson. It'll give the Bulls another 3 point shooter (you can't have enough) and another PF to go along with Portis & Gibson. Trade Mirotic along with either Snell, Dinwiddie or Calderon and get a PG or a "future first round draft pick".

Maybe a package deal of Mirotic and Snell for Deron Williams, should Dallas sign Mike Conley. Both Mirotic & Williams have 2 years left on their deals. Dallas will then have a replacement piece should Nowitzki moves on.

I love Deron Williams as much as anybody, but he is done. Would rather roll with Grant and hope.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:

I hope they are smart enough not to sign Ryan Anderson. He's going to get close to a max. He ain't even worth half a max

Troy23

Liked Posts:
Barnes has been in Chicago for a few days and has confirmed he's meeting with the Bulls

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
If we sign Barnes to a max deal this may possibly be the worst off-season in Bulls history.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At least Barnes is young and athletic. He can defend his position and occasionally drop 20. He can spread the floor, and he is an upgrade for the Bulls at SF.

I think him and Jimmy are a good compliment. Barnes can guard Lebron/Melo types as well.

Knows how to spread the floor. Pass. And while he is the type of player I'm talking about not signing to a max, at least the cap is going to jump and in 2 years it might be ok. For team chemistry I hope we get him to sign underneath Jimmys deal.

We could do worse, like sign Horford and have him go down. Barnes would keep Niko at the 4 and McBuckets leading the scoring spark off the bench. Doug reminds me of a Rambas that can shoot, belongs in the game but off the bench.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Maybe. If Butler makes friends with Cousins that changes things quickly. Valentine/Grant/Moore/Calderon might give us more than Rose did last year and could allow Butler to play more SF. Without Rose hogging the ball perhaps we can get our young shooters going.

Hawks/Thunder/Cavs/GS are the only teams I think will shoot better than this core from the perimeter in the coming 2-3 years. We have some outside assassins.

Rose was false hope, the current team is much more balanced already, doesn't have the defensive liability isssues of Gasol, and has many young starters.

Valentine/Butler/Mcdermott/Mirotic/Portis is already a young and viable team to me. Their youth and mileage will make up for alot. Everyone on that team can shoot, Nobody stops the ball except Mirotic and Butler.

Valentine was the best floor general in all of college. All 5 of those starters are highly highly intelligent basketball players. Butler getting his Duke Coach up as well.

Lopez/Dunleavy/Gibson/Moore/Calderon/Snell/FAbricio are all viable depth options. I mean...your right we can't defeat a top team with that. Valentine would have to be a star, rookie of the year. Which he might. Portis is right there, runner up. Mirotic runner up. McBuckets top 10 3 point shooter, elevating to top 5 this year.

two way star in Butler nice luxury. Lopez is legit minutes. Portis is going to get so much better because he wants it bad and has boatloads of talent.

I know we are defeated and depressed, I don't think we are that bad.

Waste of typing, these are tactical personnel matters. We are going nowhere until we solve our organizational leadership and development challenges.

GarPax = JA/Lovie. Looking to raise the floor high enough to maintain employment, no chance for an Epstein-style rebuild, and will never elevate the personnel risk-profile enough to be really good or really bad.

Final nail in the coffin for me was when they held onto Gasol last trade deadline. There just is no justification for that type of brain damage.

Team is stuck in purgatory until garpax get shit-canned, and that may take several more years. Then, only then, can the rebuild commence.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Waste of typing, these are tactical personnel matters. We are going nowhere until we solve our organizational leadership and development challenges.

GarPax = JA/Lovie. Looking to raise the floor high enough to maintain employment, no chance for an Epstein-style rebuild, and will never elevate the personnel risk-profile enough to be really good or really bad.

Final nail in the coffin for me was when they held onto Gasol last trade deadline. There just is no justification for that type of brain damage.

Team is stuck in purgatory until garpax get shit-canned, and that may take several more years. Then, only then, can the rebuild commence.

You think GarPax and HaWilli will survive until Reinny's death or selling of the two teams, or will he realize one day?

My desire would be to see him have an aneurism while firing all 4 at same press conference.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Bulls are in purgatory with no end in sight.

They can't attract top free agents, and they are rarely bad enough to get top draft picks (and when they do they blow them anyway).

It's makes sense that the White Sox and Bulls are the two worst run teams in the city (same owner). Bears have pulled themselves ahead of those two. Hawks and Cubs are in a different stratosphere.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bulls are in purgatory with no end in sight.

They can't attract top free agents, and they are rarely bad enough to get top draft picks (and when they do they blow them anyway).

It's makes sense that the White Sox and Bulls are the two worst run teams in the city (same owner). Bears have pulled themselves ahead of those two. Hawks and Cubs are in a different stratosphere.
The Scrubs have a fanbase that just likes to go to the games. The Bears have terrible management as well. The Hawks have good management that can put together a title team.

The Sox at least TRY to win, and get good players.

The Bulls are just inept.