Forte defends Cutler

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
No one sane gives a shit about Cutler's demeanor.......that is strictly for the Booyahs to get face time.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Read this before and am unimpressed. Cutler sucks. This is what we all know as we have witnessed it.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
As I've sad multiple times in the past, I never understood the hate of his demeanor. I think he cares and all, but just isn't a super energetic guy like Luck, Brady or Russell Wilson, etc so it rubs people the wrong way. But almost all the arguments about Cutler on this board are for his play and not his conduct on the sideline/off the field.

I think his demeanor is a bit of a window into his general lack of leadership abilities but that's heavy speculation. 99% of my issue with Cutler has zero to do with the guy from a personal perspective(he's a normal dude), it has everything to do with his play and lack of effort in making himself a better player.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Cutler's probably just mailing it in at this point. when you consider all the afterthought and disregard that went into the unit he captained (or supposedly captained, OR is supposed to captain), he probably thinks the organization are a bunch of shitheads.

in case you were wondering why he's not getting better, he's played for 6 different OCs. whether he's elite or not doesn't really mean anything, no "elite" quarterback has ever been dealt that kind of hand where he has to change systems every 1-2 years. by that metric alone, he's never going to be one of the greatest players ever. he's just filling a role. he'll have his flashes of brilliance here and there and the rest of the time it'll come off as broken, because the team has been broken since forever.

majority of his problem is the mechanics. he appeared his sharpest under Martz, because Martz doesn't settle for bullshit in that area. that bozo Tice was the undoing of whatever improvement was made. what's he do then, improve for awhile and then regress? he's damaged goods. there's no sense in arguing over how much he sucks, he's just the case of a promising career that was ruined by neglect in a multitude of capacities.

the team has had much larger problems over the course spanning 4 seasons, that's the defense. if the team succeeds in fixing the defense it'll translate to more wins I'm sure. they need to get back to forcing a ton of turnovers like the prime years of Lovie Smith. less attention will be focused on what a dingleberry Cutler truly is when they start posting winning seasons again.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
No one sane gives a shit about Cutler's demeanor.......that is strictly for the Booyahs to get face time.

Well, it goes to showing good leadership. Kinda why the locker room turned on him 2 years ago. If you lose a lot and act like you don't give a fuck in the process, who needs ya?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
in case you were wondering why he's not getting better, he's played for 6 different OCs.
Two things here:

1. He's been instrumental in helping run off some of those OC's. The Turner and Martz firings were in part due to Cutler pushing for them to leave.

2. You claim he hasn't improved because he has played for numerous OC's, the inverse could be just as true(and to a certain degree is) he's played for all those different OC's because he hasn't improved.

majority of his problem is the mechanics. he appeared his sharpest under Martz, because Martz doesn't settle for bullshit in that area. that bozo Tice was the undoing of whatever improvement was made. what's he do then, improve for awhile and then regress? he's damaged goods. there's no sense in arguing over how much he sucks, he's just the case of a promising career that was ruined by neglect in a multitude of capacities.
Cutler's own neglect to his mechanics is most damning IMO.

Mitchapalooza

Two things here:

1. He's been instrumental in helping run off some of those OC's. The Turner and Martz firings were in part due to Cutler pushing for them to leave.

2. You claim he hasn't improved because he has played for numerous OC's, the inverse could be just as true(and to a certain degree is) he's played for all those different OC's because he hasn't improved.

Cutler's own neglect to his mechanics is most damning IMO.
Was about to say, cutler has had shit mechanics his entire career. It's obvious he doesn't care to improve them, or else he would have in his 10 years in the NFL.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Forte looks weird in that Jets uniform. Blech. Hate it.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Says a lot about Cutler but even more about Forte.

How many "classy" guys have we seen who are incapable of not taking shots at their former team?

I have so much respect for this guy

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
This is really more of an indication of what a classy guy Forte is. And less of a "back pat" to Cutler.

In reading the article, he's not really defending Jays play as much as he is defending what the media says about his sideine demeanor. Which, is what it is.

Well done by Forte. But the angle this reporter took is off a bit.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cutler has really never improved during his NFL career except for maybe his footwork in the pocket. It really isn't all of his fault, though because they have appointed stiff after stiff as his qb coaches and OCs. It is really a joke. I think that if a real offensive coordinator got him early in his career and taught him properly, he'd be a damn good quarterback right now. His problem was that it was the fucking Chicago Bears who traded for him and NEVER got him proper coaching and built a decent offensive line and quality receivers. That is on the Bears, not Cutler.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Cutler's probably just mailing it in at this point. when you consider all the afterthought and disregard that went into the unit he captained (or supposedly captained, OR is supposed to captain), he probably thinks the organization are a bunch of shitheads.

in case you were wondering why he's not getting better, he's played for 6 different OCs. whether he's elite or not doesn't really mean anything, no "elite" quarterback has ever been dealt that kind of hand where he has to change systems every 1-2 years. by that metric alone, he's never going to be one of the greatest players ever. he's just filling a role. he'll have his flashes of brilliance here and there and the rest of the time it'll come off as broken, because the team has been broken since forever.

the team has had much larger problems over the course spanning 4 seasons, that's the defense. if the team succeeds in fixing the defense it'll translate to more wins I'm sure. they need to get back to forcing a ton of turnovers like the prime years of Lovie Smith. less attention will be focused on what a dingleberry Cutler truly is when they start posting winning seasons again.

Not saying you're wrong but the most overrated aspect of professional sports is the coaching.

StrongerThanAll

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why talk shit about a guy who help make his career? I think im one of the last ones that believed cutler could have been great under the right GM/mindset of protection WHEN he got here (nobody takes a work overload while getting beat to shit without eventually not giving a fk besides a HOF) , but I don't want to derail this thread. Forte is a superb player and a class act, hope he blows up again this year.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Not saying you're wrong but the most overrated aspect of professional sports is the coaching.

Cutler improved year to year with Shanahan. he was little else than a project that happened to be a physical freak of nature, so of course he was a little rough. he threw for 4500 yards in '08 and was a Pro Bowl alternate, but still had work left to do. had defense not been an afterthought on those Bronco teams (inverse of Lovie/Bears) and Shanahan not gotten fired, who knows? if coaching is the most overrated aspect of professional sports then why did Cutler actually show legitimate improvement with Martz but faltered with every OC he was paired with in Chicago?

I also don't think the New England Patriots are great cause of Tom Brady. he may have the brains, but he's like complete sludge physically. that team went out of their way and bent over backwards about 270 degrees to put him in places to succeed. the Bears didn't with Cutler. Belichick should get all the praise in the universe for putting out COMPLETE teams for all those years. why this concept is fucking lost on Bears fans and they resort to blaming specific players is batshit crazy to me.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Cutler improved year to year with Shanahan.

No it didn't. His yards went up. But his rating went down year after year. His ints went up. His Rate+ went down year after year as a Bronco. Unless you think yards are the end-all-be-all, You're just plain all out wrong here.

And this has been discussed over and over...

he was little else than a project that happened to be a physical freak of nature, so of course he was a little rough.

He was a top 11 pick going into his 4th year when we got him. He was not supposed to be a "work in progress".

he threw for 4500 yards in '08 and was a Pro Bowl alternate, but still had work left to do. had defense not been an afterthought on those Bronco teams (inverse of Lovie/Bears) and Shanahan not gotten fired, who knows?

The same ole... Cutler's inadequacies blamed on... the D...

if coaching is the most overrated aspect of professional sports then why did Cutler actually show legitimate improvement with Martz but faltered with every OC he was paired with in Chicago?

His best year on a W/L ratio was under Trestman. Cutler helped get him fired.

Stats wise, Trestman also got a lot out of him, as did Martz. Again, Cutler pushed Martz out.

A lot of nuthuggers think our OC last year got the most out of Cutler. He was smart enough to bail on us before Cutler got him shit-canned.

I also don't think the New England Patriots are great cause of Tom Brady. he may have the brains, but he's like complete sludge physically. that team went out of their way and bent over backwards about 270 degrees to put him in places to succeed. the Bears didn't with Cutler. Belichick should get all the praise in the universe for putting out COMPLETE teams for all those years. why this concept is fucking lost on Bears fans and they resort to blaming specific players is batshit crazy to me.

LOL... So Brady is only good because of his coach, but Cutler sucks because of his???

Holy fuck...

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Cutler improved year to year with Shanahan. he was little else than a project that happened to be a physical freak of nature, so of course he was a little rough. he threw for 4500 yards in '08 and was a Pro Bowl alternate, but still had work left to do. had defense not been an afterthought on those Bronco teams (inverse of Lovie/Bears) and Shanahan not gotten fired, who knows? if coaching is the most overrated aspect of professional sports then why did Cutler actually show legitimate improvement with Martz but faltered with every OC he was paired with in Chicago?

The coaching is the most overrated aspect of professional sports. I didn't say it wasn't important.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
Cutler improved year to year with Shanahan.
No it didn't. His yards went up. But his rating went down year after year. His ints went up. His Rate+ went down year after year as a Bronco. Unless you think yards are the end-all-be-all, You're just plain all out wrong here.

And this has been discussed over and over...

He was a top 11 pick going into his 4th year when we got him. He was not supposed to be a "work in progress".

The same ole... Cutler's inadequacies blamed on... theD...

His best year on a W/L ratio was under Trestman. Cutler helped get him fired.

Stats wise, Trestman also got a lot out of him, as did Martz. Again, Cutler pushed Martz out.

A lot of nuthuggers think our OC last year got the most out of Cutler. He was smart enough to bail onus before Cutler got him shit-canned.

LOL... So Brady is only good because of his coach, but Cutler sucks because of his???

Holy fuck...

Oy vey.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You have admitted numerous times not really following the league outside of the Bears, clearly this post reassures me that those comments are true. Because it is obvious you have not watched Jay as a Bronco.