Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
This was payback for the TE that the Bears wanted but Saints matched the Bears offer. Well done Pace, Well done.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
Great. Let's take all the failed Browns QB's. I hear Manziel's available, too.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
maybe they can use him as trade bait for hill :thinking::dunno:

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Shaw played with Jeffery in college.

59262253.jpg

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yay, we're picking up the Browns garbage ...... LOL

I wouldn't say that. Browns have way too many QB'S on the roster, one was going to be expendable

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I'm missing something here. Jumped ahead? The Bears had a worse record than the Saints last year. If the Bears and the Saints both claimed Shaw, he'd be awarded to the Bears by virtue of their worse 2015 record. Where does all this 'wrong email' crap and "allowing" the Bears to "jump ahead" come in to play?

Ummm ... the Bears were not going to pick him up off of waivers, thinking that no one would pick him up, thus, making him a free agent. So when the Saints sent the email, the Bears DID jump ahead of them to take him. Not really difficult.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
many panties in bunches over 3rd string qb

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Ummm ... the Bears were not going to pick him up off of waivers, thinking that no one would pick him up, thus, making him a free agent. So when the Saints sent the email, the Bears DID jump ahead of them to take him. Not really difficult.
Ah, glad you're here!

1. Are you saying Bears passed on Shaw because they didn't want to take on his current (Clev) contract, and instead sign him to a better new FA contract?

2. I read the Offseason waiver procedure allows each team several days to file claims: and this was Day 1 on Shaw. Let's say the Saints email went to the headoffice (before the Bears). If the Bears still want him, can't they still claim Shaw during these several days (trumping Saints prior claim)? And can't a worse-record team still take Shaw from the Bears during these days?

3. If not, why not? If the Bears didn't send an official "no" to the headoffice on Shaw (& I'm assuming teams aren't required to do so), AND it's not "first team to claim keeps", than it's lowest ranked team wins during that waiver period.

The only way the Saints email is significant is:

1. Headoffice is not allowed to tell other teams whether or not a team has submitted a claim on Shaw during the waiver period.

But if that is the case, why did we hear Bears claimed Shaw on Day 1, instead of waiting till the end of the "silent waiver" period of days?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Ah, glad you're here!

1. Are you saying Bears passed on Shaw because they didn't want to take on his current (Clev) contract, and instead sign him to a better new FA contract?

2. I read the Offseason waiver procedure allows each team several days to file claims: and this was Day 1 on Shaw. Let's say the Saints email went to the headoffice (before the Bears). If the Bears still want him, can't they still claim Shaw during these several days (trumping Saints prior claim)? And can't a worse-record team still take Shaw from the Bears during these days?

3. If not, why not? If the Bears didn't send an official "no" to the headoffice on Shaw (& I'm assuming teams aren't required to do so), AND it's not "first team to claim keeps", than it's lowest ranked team wins during that waiver period.

The only way the Saints email is significant is:

1. Headoffice is not allowed to tell other teams whether or not a team has submitted a claim on Shaw during the waiver period.

But if that is the case, why did we hear Bears claimed Shaw on Day 1, instead of waiting till the end of the "silent waiver" period of days?

From a link that I found on your link:
During the procedure, the 31 other clubs either file
claims to obtain the players or waive the opportunity to do so—
thus the term “waiver.”

The only thing that I didn't find was whether the procedure works like a silent auction which I believe it does and, thus, makes the Saints email significant ... well ... to the level that they lost a camp body QB unless he pulls a Tom Brady.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We have a solid backup QB, an ingrained starter, and you know what...

If Connor Shaw can make Alshon Jeffery happy in Chicago he never has to get in a game to be a tremendous asset to this organization.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm guessing it has something to do with Pace being a complete fucking moron but knowing in his soul that the Saints coach is a QB guru.

Pace can't think for himself but since he saw Sean Payton wanted a young QB off waivers, he decided he wanted him, if only because maybe Payton would send a conditional if he really wants him?

This of course assumes that Sean Payton is not three times more intelligent than Pace, was fucking with the league or with Pace, and is now laughing because he tricked us into signing a piece of shit QB.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
I'm guessing it has something to do with Pace being a complete fucking moron but knowing in his soul that the Saints coach is a QB guru.

Pace can't think for himself but since he saw Sean Payton wanted a young QB off waivers, he decided he wanted him, if only because maybe Payton would send a conditional if he really wants him?

This of course assumes that Sean Payton is not three times more intelligent than Pace, was fucking with the league or with Pace, and is now laughing because he tricked us into signing a piece of shit QB.
were is you source for this ? or are you just imagining it ?

420.gif

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

[video=youtube;oFRbZJXjWIA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFRbZJXjWIA[/video]

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
So have we decided yet if the signing of this camp arm means the Bears are picking 1st or 32nd next year?