International signing period

chibears55

Liked Posts:
ISP has begun...

Haven't noticed anything as far as Cubs interest or signings..

Are the Cubs limited again?

Do the ones that the Red Sox lost go back into the pool ?

Does anyone have anything

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
ISP has begun...

Haven't noticed anything as far as Cubs interest or signings..

Are the Cubs limited again?

Do the ones that the Red Sox lost go back into the pool ?

Does anyone have anything

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

1) AFAIK nothing has happened with a cubs but that should be a surprise because....
2) yes
3) Also yes. I'm not entirely sure how that works though. I feel like the cubs should be unlimited for those 5 prospects since they were from last period when the cubs were unlimited but I don't know that is the case. Supposedly the $300k they all signed for they got to keep and whomever signs them wont have $300k count against their cap so in theory even with restrictions I believe the cubs could sign them for $600k but again I'm not 100% sure on that.

Overall, the reason the cubs probably wont have much in the way of news because the guys the cubs can grab aren't really going to be noteworthy. You can get good players for $300k but IFA's in general are so far away that even the high profile ones are far from guarantees and the lower tier guys are even harder to project. Anyways, I keep an eye on this sort of stuff so if I see anyone pop up I'll mention them but again, they probably aren't going to sign anyone in he top 30 IFA prospects as most of them are accounted for already.