Kevin Barkley vs Charles Durant thread formerly AtL

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
And given the way the league is I wouldn't be surprised if Draymond gets the boot on being selected to the All-Star team.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The 86 Celtics had Bird, McHale, Parish, and DJ who all ended up in the hall-of-fame. DJ's best days were in Seattle though.

The Lakers had an aging Kareem (who was still good don't get me wrong), and Magic then Worthy... the rest of the players were never really considered star worthy.

The 60's teams always had more stars because the league was a lot smaller then. Talent accumulated.

Yeah I was thinking that at different points Scott, Thompson and Cooper were pretty solid. Cooper especially was a defensive player of the year and 8 time all nba first or second team. Never much of an offensive threat though.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
With this signing, GS is somewhat thin. Try lose Barnes and Ezeli and will have to trade Bogut. So do you throw Speights or Varejo out there or do you play Durant and Green at PF and C and go with a G or SF?

Seems like the Death Lineup with Durant replacing Barnes is going to get a lot of minutes. Of course, question will be, can they survive an entire season with wearing down.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
With this signing, GS is somewhat thin. Try lose Barnes and Ezeli and will have to trade Bogut. So do you throw Speights or Varejo out there or do you play Durant and Green at PF and C and go with a G or SF?

Seems like the Death Lineup with Durant replacing Barnes is going to get a lot of minutes. Of course, question will be, can they survive an entire season with wearing down.

GS was restructuring their bench with or without Durant. Ezeli they will let go in FA. Bogut will be traded probably with a draft pick or two to get a team to take him. Livingston is already coming back.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
GS was restructuring their bench with or without Durant. Ezeli they will let go in FA. Bogut will be traded probably with a draft pick or two to get a team to take him. Livingston is already coming back.

Yes but this obviously changes things. They just renounced their rights to Ezeli and probably would have kept Bogut had they not gotten Durant. Obviously I would much rather have Durant but it gives you less money to get guys to fill out the team. They are particularly thin at C/PF which suggests more minutes with a small lineup and more wear and tear.

Then again with those 4 guys all you need is a warm body at C to bang and eat minutes.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah I was thinking that at different points Scott, Thompson and Cooper were pretty solid. Cooper especially was a defensive player of the year and 8 time all nba first or second team. Never much of an offensive threat though.
Solid players, but not stars. I also think you mean All-Defensive Team concerning Cooper.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
9c3f12c9273312fb36c94fdc0d9129ff.jpg

GS pitch to Kevin Durant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gasol going to San Antonio. 2-years, 30+ million.

The Heat have supposedly offered Wade 2-years, 40 million. If true, he'll most likely accept since he was looking for 20 a year.

Barnes/Bogut going to Dallas.

That about does it for free agency. I don't think any other noteworthy names are left. LBJ of course, but he's obviously returning to CLE.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
OKC looked to be better on paper. GS just won 73 games. If your only objective is winning then the choice is easy.

OKC was just up 3-1 against GS befor choking. Ironically enough, one big reason why they blew the series lead is because KD went ice cold in games 5 and 6. If he showed up in either game and OKC won, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.

I'm a big KD fan, but I just wish he would have stayed. I think it would have been more satisfying seeing him win a ring in OKC, and as an NBA, it would have been fun seeing a rivalry grow between OKC and GS. Now the playoffs are gonna suck.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
OKC was just up 3-1 against GS befor choking. Ironically enough, one big reason why they blew the series lead is because KD went ice cold in games 5 and 6. If he showed up in either game and OKC won, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.

I'm a big KD fan, but I just wish he would have stayed. I think it would have been more satisfying seeing him win a ring in OKC, and as an NBA, it would have been fun seeing a rivalry grow between OKC and GS. Now the playoffs are gonna suck.

Which from KD's perspective probably makes his point. Why not go to a team where if you struggle, you have more guys that can pick you up? The one thing with GS is that generally speaking they pick each other up. Of course, it didn't happen for them this year but even in game 7, you saw Curry and Thompson struggle but Green went off and kept them in that game.

Do I wish he stuck with OKC? Sure. But can't fault a guy for picking a place that gives him the best chance to win by having 3 legit stars on his team rather than just 1 back in OKC. Not only that, it weakens one of the Warriors biggest rivals by him leaving OKC. It's pretty Machiavellian when you look at it. And frankly, I don't have much sympathy for OKC to begin with. They squandered their chance to set up a dynasty when they got rid of Harden which never quite sit well with Durant or Westbrook and the owners can't cry about Durant when they bailed on Seattle when Seattle didn't pony up for a stadium. Hard to demand loyalty when you were disloyal to the fans of Seattle in the first place.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One of the reasons why the NBA is becoming unwatchable to me is that it seems no matter how a franchise tries to get better and contend, they really do not get a chance because of free agency. Looks at the Cavs. They were something like $60M over the cap and won the crown. Then you have superstars deciding who they want to play with them as in Miami's titles. Now we have the Warriors. I am not saying this is anyway illegal. It certainly isn't outside of the rules. All I am saying is that it seems really unfair to fans of teams like the Bucks, Kings, Philly, Pacers, et al. They watch year after year as the elites in the league putting teams together that they cannot compete with. So why in hell would I pay hard earned money to go to a game to see a team get humbled by an out of their class team?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Which from KD's perspective probably makes his point. Why not go to a team where if you struggle, you have more guys that can pick you up? The one thing with GS is that generally speaking they pick each other up. Of course, it didn't happen for them this year but even in game 7, you saw Curry and Thompson struggle but Green went off and kept them in that game.

Do I wish he stuck with OKC? Sure. But can't fault a guy for picking a place that gives him the best chance to win by having 3 legit stars on his team rather than just 1 back in OKC. Not only that, it weakens one of the Warriors biggest rivals by him leaving OKC. It's pretty Machiavellian when you look at it. And frankly, I don't have much sympathy for OKC to begin with. They squandered their chance to set up a dynasty when they got rid of Harden which never quite sit well with Durant or Westbrook and the owners can't cry about Durant when they bailed on Seattle when Seattle didn't pony up for a stadium. Hard to demand loyalty when you were disloyal to the fans of Seattle in the first place.

Yep. Should have kept harden.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
One of the reasons why the NBA is becoming unwatchable to me is that it seems no matter how a franchise tries to get better and contend, they really do not get a chance because of free agency. Looks at the Cavs. They were something like $60M over the cap and won the crown. Then you have superstars deciding who they want to play with them as in Miami's titles. Now we have the Warriors. I am not saying this is anyway illegal. It certainly isn't outside of the rules. All I am saying is that it seems really unfair to fans of teams like the Bucks, Kings, Philly, Pacers, et al. They watch year after year as the elites in the league putting teams together that they cannot compete with. So why in hell would I pay hard earned money to go to a game to see a team get humbled by an out of their class team?

GS was not an elite team and had been crap for ages. Cleveland also was never an elite team before LeBron. And the Heat had a couple of good years but were never what I would call the elite.

Free agency allows any team to compete if you make the right decisions and if you can woo the right player. The teams hurt by FA are the formerly elite teams like say the Lakers who don't adapt and poorly run teams.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Durant to GS?!?! Holy crap.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good, very good, Lebtich enjoy your last ring

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ppl still hate on Lebron after this KD move? fuck that. I lost all respect for KD. I understand this is the best decision for him, but this shit is weak. Whatever...go join the Warriors