Bulls sign Rajon Rondo for 2 years, $28 million

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Haha...Rose was terrible at setting up shooters. His passes were hardly ever right in the pocket....so many times it would be right at their feet. His timing and placing on passes is just extremely poor for a PG. Those jump passes are atrocious too.

Man if you're going to lie, at LEAST make it believable, and based on facts, and not easily debunked. I understand you're a Rose hater, but don't lie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Mz710qvKQ

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We'll see how the deal is structured, that second year being the key. The Bulls wouldn't be looking to next off season for 2 max FAs and lock themselves into Rondo who may or may not work out.

On the upside he did lead the league in assists for a lousy team and lousy teams usually have guys looking out for themselves and their stat sheet so as the PG he had the ball in his hands. Optimistically, there are some players who have to get bounced from a team or 3 to get it through their heads they need to change their attitudes. If the second year of the contract isn't a guaranteed $14 million you can hope that he's on his best behavior to stay and get that money or to be a FA again next year and impress some other team.

I wonder if you don't see them trying to trade Calderon because if they want to look at Grant Calderon is sitting at the far end of the bench.

They have to wait to trade him.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
nobody said he couldn't pass AT ALL and allot of those passes are forward or dinky dumpoffs. not only that but a 9 minute video of only his "highlight" passes is not a fair evaluation

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bulls Make A Mistake In Signing Rondo

Article:

https://theathletic.com/2016/07/04/bulls-sign-rajon-rondo/

Rondo doesn’t make any sense for the Bulls. Yes, they needed a point guard. Yes, he led the league in assists last season. But he has serious attitude problems and he is 30 years old. He’s not going to be around by the time the Bulls reopen their championship window and best-case scenario, he will get them a first-round playoff exit followed by a poor draft pick. Worst-case scenario, he will become impossible to work with and sabotage the Bulls’ chances of luring respectable free agents in 2017.

Let’s talk about those assist numbers for a second. They’re padded. As I mentioned yesterday, Rondo’s assists don’t lead to good offense. He has been part of one offense that has finished better than 15th in the league in his past six seasons. That exception was the Dallas Mavericks, who went from a historically great offense to 13th in the league after Rondo joined.

Rondo racks up assists because he sacrifices scoring opportunities to pad his stats. He is afraid of getting to the line, so he’ll often just dribble around until he can find an assist opportunity rather than take the correct shot.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Good grief.

This just keeps getting worse and worse.

Rajon Rondo is the biggest douche bag in sports.

For four years the Bulls had a roster among the best in the East, and each year couldn't get anywhere. Now they are in rebuild mode, with a guy you simply can't root for.

And to make it even worse, they are now said to be interested in the second biggest D bag - Dwyane Wade, whose career is at its end.

What a great plan!

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Man if you're going to lie, at LEAST make it believable, and based on facts, and not easily debunked. I understand you're a Rose hater, but don't lie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Mz710qvKQ

I'm not a Rose hater and I speak the truth. Rose is below average setting up teammates for easy baskets. Very prone to passing too low to shooters. Most of his assists came off the pick and pop with Gasol. And yes, his jump passes are atrocious. Every coach he ever played for told him to stop. What facts did you present?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Besides all that, he doesnt even play D. He gets steals because he goes for them, but not a lick of any kind of D besides that. Butler has an attitude. Now, you bring in a guy who thinks he is an alpha male on a team. Also, the Bulls did not get better. They will now finish with another mid teens pick and no direction on getting younger and better.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
The Bulls are just trying to make the minimum salary. It's likely this is a one year deal in what will be a dumpster fire season.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bulls are just trying to make the minimum salary. It's likely this is a one year deal in what will be a dumpster fire season.

He has partial guaranteed money next year. Also, is this really the spin people are trying to put on it?

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still better than Rose is at this point in his career.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
He has partial guaranteed money next year. Also, is this really the spin people are trying to put on it?

Trust me, I don't really like the idea of signing Rondo but at least his contract is flexible. I truly don't know what to think of it because I see no actual plan being carried out here. The Cubs had a plan and that was cool. The Bears seem to have a plan now and it's looking promising. The Bulls are in full disarray.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trust me, I don't really like the idea of signing Rondo but at least his contract is flexible. I truly don't know what to think of it because I see no actual plan being carried out here. The Cubs had a plan and that was cool. The Bears seem to have a plan now and it's looking promising. The Bulls are in full disarray.

Im reading its over Jimmy Butler and they dont want to waste years with him. Weird

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
PG - Rondo, Calderon, Grant, Dinwiddie
SG - Butler, Valentine
SF - Mcdermott, Dunleavy, Snell
PF - Gibson, Mirotic, Portis
C - Lopez, Feliciano

I really hope Grant sees the floor more than Calderon does. See what he can do coming off the bench.

Bulls have plenty of ball handlers in that group. They need to get a another 2 that makes plays off the ball whether that be as a spot-up shooter, defender or both.

I could see them signing Brandon Rush from GS.

That will be it for the Bulls as they will have made the minimum cap and will already have 15 players.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
PG - Rondo, Calderon, Grant, Dinwiddie
SG - Butler, Valentine
SF - Mcdermott, Dunleavy, Snell
PF - Gibson, Mirotic, Portis
C - Lopez, Feliciano

I really hope Grant sees the floor more than Calderon does. See what he can do coming off the bench.

Bulls have plenty of ball handlers in that group. They need to get a another 2 that makes plays off the ball whether that be as a spot-up shooter, defender or both.

I could see them signing Brandon Rush from GS.

That will be it for the Bulls as they will have made the minimum cap and will already have 15 players.

That's a putrid defensive lineup. The center position is weak and only jimmy and maybe a healthy Taj can play defense. I don't see the Bulls scoring 120+ a game. This team is a 35-38 win team the way it's built. Just enough to be an 8th seed or end lottery pick. That's fucking depressing.

AussieBear

O_O

#attheveryleast

rondo is rondo.. could POSSIBLY give da bulls a chance at a 7-8 seed in da east if all the IFS are met... i wouldnt expect much more than a first rd exit with the roster as is.. also, he'd be a semi name left on da roster if they decided to ship butler before the allstar break too ----- anyway,,,, it beats the jose cuervo

"I'm excited. Great organization with pieces around me that I'm excited about," Rondo told The Undefeated about going to the Bulls.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What if we got a 70-75 games of post All-star break D-Rose though?

That's better than Rondo.

You're asking for Rose to be consistent, not going to happen