1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rondo is very good at piling up assist numbers

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is pretty much true until you got to "Freddie" and Rondo. Every game was a team game for the Bulls for a quarter or two then as soon as they ran into trouble, it quickly disintegrated into clear out/one on one shit. This won't change with Rondo which makes his signing somewhat clever as it tries to hide the fact that this team is tanking next year. They might finally be afraid that the Golden Goose called Bulls fans just might start deserting them at the gate.

That's an interesting point. IF Gar/Pax is once again looking for a fall-guy as in Thibs, Rose, Noah. They might just have signed one in Rondo. Rondo is an easy target to push blame at, right? When this team fails all they(Gar/Pax) need to do is to set Rondo up for a flare-up. Then they can once again blame him just like they pushed blame at Thibs went they intentionally set him up for a failure.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you not think that Rondo is a good point guard?

Eh. He's a guy. The Kings were just as effective with Collison on the floor as they were with Rondo last season. I don't think Rondo sucks, I just have a hard time seeing how his style fits with Hoibergs offense.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
[h=2]Rajon Rondo: High assists, low impact[/h]ESPN Insider Jan 25, 2016
[url]http://espn.go.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/14638493/hassan-whiteside-carmelo-anthony-five-most-overrated-players-league-nba

Rajon Rondo[/URL] has the most assists in the league by far. He's 15th in steals after residing in the top 10 most of the season. Among guards, he's second in rebounding. Sounds like one of the best players in the game.

But consider this: In each of Rondo's past three seasons, his teams have played two points better per 100 possessions when he has been on the bench.

That was true in Boston and Dallas (where his teams were about six points better with him sitting), and it's true in Sacramento.

After last season's debacle with the Mavericks, Rondo has been widely praised for bouncing back, but the Kings, although not especially successful when Rondo sits, are even worse when he plays.

When he plays, his inability to hit shots from outside the paint allows defenders to go under every single screen, making pick-and-roll action very difficult. When he's not involved in a pick-and-roll, his defender can sag toward the paint farther than usual, clogging the lane for his teammates' drives.

Other concerns: He typically walks the ball up the floor nonchalantly, burning valuable seconds off the shot clock. Rondo also has been especially careless with the ball this season, turning it over more than four times per 36 minutes and increasing the team's turnover rate by 2 percentage points (he posted similar numbers in Dallas). And his abysmal 57 percent free throw shooting costs the Kings, as well.

The biggest issue with Rondo, though, appears to be his defensive impact, as the Kings allow 4.5 more points per 100 possessions when he is on the floor. Although he has a knack for steals, he no longer puts great pressure on the opposing point guard, often just waiting for the opponents to shoot.

Earlier this season, Rondo appeared to be part of the Kings' revival as the team moved into the playoff race. But now the Kings have lost five of six games, and their playoff odds appear slimmer every day. With Rondo soon to be 30 years old, and a free agent, should the Kings really make him a cornerstone of their future?

This has been a common trend of his through is whole career. Most overrated.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[url]http://espn.go.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/14638493/hassan-whiteside-carmelo-anthony-five-most-overrated-players-league-nba

Rajon Rondo[/URL] has the most assists in the league by far. He's 15th in steals after residing in the top 10 most of the season. Among guards, he's second in rebounding. Sounds like one of the best players in the game.

But consider this: In each of Rondo's past three seasons, his teams have played two points better per 100 possessions when he has been on the bench.

That was true in Boston and Dallas (where his teams were about six points better with him sitting), and it's true in Sacramento.

After last season's debacle with the Mavericks, Rondo has been widely praised for bouncing back, but the Kings, although not especially successful when Rondo sits, are even worse when he plays.

When he plays, his inability to hit shots from outside the paint allows defenders to go under every single screen, making pick-and-roll action very difficult. When he's not involved in a pick-and-roll, his defender can sag toward the paint farther than usual, clogging the lane for his teammates' drives.

Other concerns: He typically walks the ball up the floor nonchalantly, burning valuable seconds off the shot clock. Rondo also has been especially careless with the ball this season, turning it over more than four times per 36 minutes and increasing the team's turnover rate by 2 percentage points (he posted similar numbers in Dallas). And his abysmal 57 percent free throw shooting costs the Kings, as well.

The biggest issue with Rondo, though, appears to be his defensive impact, as the Kings allow 4.5 more points per 100 possessions when he is on the floor. Although he has a knack for steals, he no longer puts great pressure on the opposing point guard, often just waiting for the opponents to shoot.

Earlier this season, Rondo appeared to be part of the Kings' revival as the team moved into the playoff race. But now the Kings have lost five of six games, and their playoff odds appear slimmer every day. With Rondo soon to be 30 years old, and a free agent, should the Kings really make him a cornerstone of their future?

Maybe. I am not saying that Rondo should be a cornerstone on a team. I think that ROndo is a good point guard who can set people up. Now we have Rondo with Wade and Butler slashing to the basket. He can be very effective with those two guys around him.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
State Farm signed John Rondo as an Insurance Agent to help those after their accidents. He became employee of the month after leading the company in most claim adjustments. Unfortunately, they had to let him go after finding out he was the one causing the accidents in the first place.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
State Farm signed John Rondo as an Insurance Agent to help those after their accidents. He became employee of the month after leading the company in most claim adjustments. Unfortunately, they had to let him go after finding out he was the one causing the accidents in the first place.
Good thing Rajon is nothing like his evil twin...or is he?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Funny to look bad at the first few pages of this thread where most seem to think no way to Rondo and also to Wade if Rondo even comes.

Personally I've never liked Rondo, mostly for his terrible attitude and that he reminds me of snake-like Jaffar from Alladin. Seems to be always angry and giving the evil eye to those around him. His me-first mentality is only rivaled by self-proclaimed "King LeBron" - also a known flopper. Just my opinion however. Maybe he's improved after time in Kings purgatory, not that similar situations helped him when Boston began to tank.

Butler already is mad at the uppers in GarPax; he and much of the team don't respect coach Fred's lack of control and being puppet to GarPax. Now you add rookies that will need time to develop and take away outside shooting and defense. Each of Butler, Wade, & Rondo will need the rock in isolation to utilize their strengths.

Love my Bulls, but this looks to NOT go well. Much potential for frustration in not getting those touches in an already volatile locker room with weak coaching leadership. I sure hope to be wrong but forsee that Rondo will quickly loose his mind and toxify the team. SMH

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Simpsons did it! Stolen straight out of an episode where this exact thing happened to Homer Simpson at the plant. Smithers said this and was quickly dismissed.
Still funny here too.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

its kind of bad to start off with a statement like that even if on purpose. those are facts, that's what he brings to the table at the PG position. he is a poor mans westbrook, which is still damn good. I'm personally glad to see the bulls with a true PG, instead of the not MVP rose, which was near the bottom of the league for starting PG's. rose may very well end up a decent PG, but it was time to move on. now we have a true distributor of the basketball at the PG position, where it belongs, instead of relying on Joakim Noah to move the basketball. rondo will find the young Feliciano's and portis' for dunks on fastbreaks instead of forcing it themselves and not getting the call

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Rondo is the perfect player for this team to sign. You can give a big contract to a guy who looks good on paper but in the end will do nothing to actually win.

in essence its a one year deal. pretty low risk reward for a guy who led the league in assists, near the top in steals, and a constant triple double threat from the PG position. tha fuck else you want?