Top 10 Russell Westbrook Trade Destinations Should Thunder Decide To Move Star

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Westbrook to da Bulls for Snell, Niko, and yall throw in tha Hawk. Winning!

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Don't really care what the article says but the Bulls would be stupid not to put together a big time offer for him.

As long as he would re-sign of course which is highly unlikely considering the state of this team.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Westbrook is Laker bound. He wants to go home.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
im betting on Westbrook and Griffin paring up anywhere BUT Chicago

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
It borders on fantasy BB that that OKC would see McDermott, Portis, Snell and Niko as young assets but throw in Zipser and Valentine if they'll put Westbrook on an O'Hare bound plane. I just imagine they'd want one potential lottery pick at least, not just young unproven players.

Where Westbrook ends up next year I still believe sits more with his agent and his other clients. Every agent knows which teams have what cap space, better than any internet poster, and what they want to do is slot in their clients where they can all get the max amount of money. One goes one place but doesn't take away the chance for another client to get the max from an advantageous team. Part of that is actually the market where some players can do better off the court and their personal endorsements that shoe companies don't want to clog up too many players in one market. That's why I wouldn't rule the Bulls out of the mix next year.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
It borders on fantasy BB that that OKC would see McDermott, Portis, Snell and Niko as young assets but throw in Zipser and Valentine if they'll put Westbrook on an O'Hare bound plane. I just imagine they'd want one potential lottery pick at least, not just young unproven players.

Where Westbrook ends up next year I still believe sits more with his agent and his other clients. Every agent knows which teams have what cap space, better than any internet poster, and what they want to do is slot in their clients where they can all get the max amount of money. One goes one place but doesn't take away the chance for another client to get the max from an advantageous team. Part of that is actually the market where some players can do better off the court and their personal endorsements that shoe companies don't want to clog up too many players in one market. That's why I wouldn't rule the Bulls out of the mix next year.

I think the lakers and celtics could probably put a better package than bulls but I think it all depends of what team westbrook wants to go. I think he would have to give some indication that he would resign with whatever team trades for him.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Celtics have assets but do they want to get rid of for one year rental? I think if the bulls cant get rid of all their young players sans jimmy butler and it wouldn't really matter. Get it done pax.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Celtics are currently working out a trade revolving around Blake Griffin and Rudy Gay. I still don't see the Bulls being a viable trade destination for Westbrook, unless we're trading Butler.

The lakers think they can sign him out right so they wont make an offer. It all depends if celtics think they can resign him. If they think they can they can give up assets. Othewise. Mirotic, snell, mcdermott, grant, and/or valentine might be the best the thunder can do. For the bulls that would be low risk high reward. If he doesn't resign you got rid of some scrubs. If he does you have your franchise player. For the thunder they get something back for a guy that is going to walk. It's kind of like the rose trade in a way.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
The lakers think they can sign him out right so they wont make an offer. It all depends if celtics think they can resign him. If they think they can they can give up assets. Othewise. Mirotic, snell, mcdermott, grant, and/or valentine might be the best the thunder can do. For the bulls that would be low risk high reward. If he doesn't resign you got rid of some scrubs. If he does you have your franchise player. For the thunder they get something back for a guy that is going to walk. It's kind of like the rose trade in a way.

I don't think the Thunder bite on that trade. It doesn't make them better (or even relevant for that matter) and it ties up a good amount of cap.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I don't think the Thunder bite on that trade. It doesn't make them better (or even relevant for that matter) and it ties up a good amount of cap.

When you have to trade a guy like westbrook you don't worry about getting better. Technically bulls didn't get better with the rose trade.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
When you have to trade a guy like westbrook you don't worry about getting better. Technically bulls didn't get better with the rose trade.

I should have clarified. I meant better off than they'd be after Westbrook walks.