Bulls sign Dwyane Wade to 2 year 47M deal

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I'd agree with you if Rondo and Wade weren't old

Why does their age matter? Even without them this team is about a .500 team give or take. That's not good enough to land a top 3-5 pick. With them (Wade Especially), we're a pretty tough playoff team with a better chance of luring a key free agent next season. I can't see the argument against them assuming they don't sign for more than 2 years.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why does their age matter? Even without them this team is about a .500 team give or take. That's not good enough to land a top 3-5 pick. With them (Wade Especially), we're a pretty tough playoff team with a better chance of luring a key free agent next season. I can't see the argument against them assuming they don't sign for more than 2 years.

The worst thing in pro sports is mediocrity....not being bad enough to get a great draft pick to grow your own star player and not being good enough to win anything where free agents avoid you like the plague. Toss in the fact that team ownership has one of the worst reps in the league and you are looking at the current Chicago Bulls.

More patchwork...very similar to what the other Reinsdorf team does every year.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
The worst thing in pro sports is mediocrity....not being bad enough to get a great draft pick to grow your own star player and not being good enough to win anything where free agents avoid you like the plague. Toss in the fact that team ownership has one of the worst reps in the league and you are looking at the current Chicago Bulls.

More patchwork...very similar to what the other Reinsdorf team does every year.

Ok....but even if we don't sign Wade we will still be mediocre. Around a .500 team with no shot of drafting a superstar player and even less of a shot at signing one. Signing Wade at least provides some upside of putting a better product on the court and a better chance of luring a free agent. If we don't sign Wade, we will be picking at around 14 again next season. That to me is the worst spot to be in, actually. Not good enough to get in the playoffs but not bad enough to get an impact pick in the draft. Wade carried the Heat by himself in the playoffs and almost got them past the Raptors. I would much rather this team compete in the playoffs than to pick at 14 again....and any potential free agents next season would rather come to a team with Wade who advanced a round or two over a team that missed the playoffs and picking another Denzel Valentine. Not that there's anything wrong with Denzel as a player, but free agents who want to win now aren't going to see that type of player as particularly enticing.

czman

Liked Posts:
Rondo and Wade.........it should read Bulls aggressively pursing the worst shooting team in the last 10 years. Ronda/Wade/Butler/Gibson/Lopez..........And an offensive coach who wants to shoot a bunch of 3.........Genius.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Rondo and Wade.........it should read Bulls aggressively pursing the worst shooting team in the last 10 years. Ronda/Wade/Butler/Gibson/Lopez..........And an offensive coach who wants to shoot a bunch of 3.........Genius.

Bulls won't have enough money for both. They're going for one or the other. Hopefully Wade.

Troy23

Liked Posts:
Rondo signed. Expect Calderon to be let go. Possibly to free room for Wade?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Wade is not coming to Chicago

im telling yall he wants nothing to do with Chicago moreless the Chicago Bulls

once KD signs with whoever else besides the Heat, Wade will get what he wants

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Wade is not coming to Chicago

im telling yall he wants nothing to do with Chicago moreless the Chicago Bulls

once KD signs with whoever else besides the Heat, Wade will get what he wants

I think bulls don't have cap space after rondo.

Troy23

Liked Posts:
Should still have $10-11 million left. If they move Calderon, Taj/MDJ they can come close to enough room for Wade

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
It's not happening. It's all a ploy to get Miami to increase their offer.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Should still have $10-11 million left. If they move Calderon, Taj/MDJ they can come close to enough room for Wade

That was my thought as well but not for Wade. Especially Calderon since they have too many PGs and no real need for him even at the 2 if they intend to get Grant and Valentine any minutes. It may even be that they have a trade in the works which is why they signed Rondo and passed on Wade. I would look at teams that just signed guys for big deals, do those new additions mean somebody they have at those positions are excess baggage? Those are the situations that might yield the Bulls a shooter. I don't see much interest for Dunleavy with his age and recent injuries, he's more likely a trade deadline guy if he shows he's healthy enough to be cheap help for a contender.

I don't think it's out of the question to believe that their supposed 'aggressive' pursuit of Wade was nothing more than a ruse to yank his chain in retaliation for what he pulled before. He finds himself in a different situation, now he's shopping for a team that's willing to meet his price, and it doesn't look like there are a lot of takers, or he's going to have to return to Miami for a reduced price AGAIN. That's really taking another one for the team.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If we signed Wade we'd have the worst spacing in the league. Even worse than the Grizz last year probably lol

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Bulls were never in this. Totally being used for leverage.

Of course. By in this I meant they are still getting played by d wade. I kind of hope the heat just say fuck it just go out and test free agency to him.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Of course. By in this I meant they are still getting played by d wade. I kind of hope the heat just say fuck it just go out and test free agency to him.

On the contrary, I hope the Heat cave in and max him out. He's not worth the money he wants.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Bulls didn't even get a meeting with Wade

that tells you all you need to know

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears