Bulls sign Dwyane Wade to 2 year 47M deal

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Team chemistry is going to suck unless people bow to Wade. Wade is an alpha male. Rondo thinks he is an alpha male. Jimmy Butler wants to be an alpha male. That never bodes well.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Team chemistry is going to suck unless people bow to Wade. Wade is an alpha male. Rondo thinks he is an alpha male. Jimmy Butler wants to be an alpha male. That never bodes well.

Wade hasn't been an alpha for a long time. Even with the big three lebron was the alpha. Jimmy is going to be this teams unquestioned leader.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meanwhile, none of the alpha, used to be alpha, and alpha by default of position controlling the ball...none of those alpha's is in the top 5 on EVEN THIS TEAM at actually shooting a basketball.

1. McBuckets
2. Mirotic
3. Moore
4. Portis
5. Snell

But all three can defend their opponent to an extent, and together I think they can definetely cover their responsibilities. All have been on first team NBA defenses and the older two can do that in spurts, when it matters down the stretch.

Rondo's contract is so benign given what we just saw go down that its nothing to complain about. Nothing says we HAVE to play him all year, but for an expiring contract placeholder he gets to try and run the offense as its supposed to be run. Thats probably all Hoiberg wanted.

Wade is that deal that was always meant to happen, and the timing is finally right. It allows Jimmy to play more 3 which gives us speed and athletcism even though the player added is 34.

I didn't see any path to compete next year better than this one...and I believe Wade has contacts, increase our chances at signing certain valuable max contracts.

Rondo may increase the chances of adding Cousins. Maybe the opposite. But I think in several ways including chances on the court come day 1 we are in better shape short and long term than we were before.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meanwhile, none of the alpha, used to be alpha, and alpha by default of position controlling the ball...none of those alpha's is in the top 5 on EVEN THIS TEAM at actually shooting a basketball.

1. McBuckets
2. Mirotic
3. Moore
4. Portis
5. Snell

But all three can defend their opponent to an extent, and together I think they can definetely cover their responsibilities. All have been on first team NBA defenses and the older two can do that in spurts, when it matters down the stretch.

Rondo's contract is so benign given what we just saw go down that its nothing to complain about. Nothing says we HAVE to play him all year, but for an expiring contract placeholder he gets to try and run the offense as its supposed to be run. Thats probably all Hoiberg wanted.

Wade is that deal that was always meant to happen, and the timing is finally right. It allows Jimmy to play more 3 which gives us speed and athletcism even though the player added is 34.

I didn't see any path to compete next year better than this one...and I believe Wade has contacts, increase our chances at signing certain valuable max contracts.

Rondo may increase the chances of adding Cousins. Maybe the opposite. But I think in several ways including chances on the court come day 1 we are in better shape short and long term than we were before.

I have no idea what you are trying to say(you might be the most insane poster here) but Moore isn't even on this team any more.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm saying we are better than we were before, cuz Wade. Were we going to even be able to sign Rose or want to? So we got Grant/Lopez. Lopez>Noah
Rose is better than Rondo but not at running an offense or at defense. Addition by subtraction.

And Cousins is more likely to sign here then he was 3 days ago.
And Bosh/Paul are more likely to sign here then they were 3 days ago.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Wade hasn't averaged less than 19 a game since his rookie year. The Bulls could absolutely use that production during the rebuild.

He'll be gone anyway by the time the Bulls are ready to try to snag some max free agents. Like others said, no downside.

I think teams are seeing that the Sixers way of doing things (have no stars and trade away all productivity and suck on purpose and attract huge free agents) DOES NOT WORK because no one wants to go to a shitty team with a losing culture. Apparently that's the alternative many of you want.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
I'm saying we are better than we were before, cuz Wade. Were we going to even be able to sign Rose or want to? So we got Grant/Lopez. Lopez>Noah
Rose is better than Rondo but not at running an offense or at defense. Addition by subtraction.

And Cousins is more likely to sign here then he was 3 days ago.
And Bosh/Paul are more likely to sign here then they were 3 days ago.

Bosh might never even play again.