1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Apparently the Bulls dominate summer league

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Low key Spencer Denwiddie has actually been playing really well.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bulls summer league playoff game (round 2) tonight at 7:30 CT on ESPN 2.

If Valentine shoots well, this team can't be beat in this league with Felicio/Portis holding the front court down like vets.

Dinwiddie is showing why he was at one time a bordeline lottery pick before ACL/MCL/Meniscus surgery.

The two players from Maryland were good college players. All fueled with Portis desire.

CubsWin

Liked Posts:
I haven't watched much summer league, so for those who have, what are your thoughts on Valentine? The little bit I saw, I'm impressed with his creativity as a passer.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
I haven't watched much summer league, so for those who have, what are your thoughts on Valentine? The little bit I saw, I'm impressed with his creativity as a passer.

He finally looked comfortable last game. He has been mediocre at best shooting a aweful percentage from 3. He is crafty and I think he might just crack the rotation. He needs to get better on defence because I have seen him get beat too many times one-on-one and give up cheap fouls. His off the ball defence is very good though. Hopfully he can build off the confidence he had last game and put together two good consecutive games.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I'm just frustrated that this is Summer League, we have depth issues in the frontcourt and haven't touched Sandi Marcius. Maybe he just sucks, which in SL, even players that suck have their tires kicked, otherwise why the hell do you even scout and sign them onto your roster? Makes no fucking sense to me.

Oh wait, now it makes perfect sense. This Front Office throws parades and celebrates winning Summer League championships.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the lottery quality of Portis/Valentine who should have been high lottery, and Dinwiddie who would have been low lottery until his knee injury, but brings a 6'6" athletic defensive presence, and then a pro big like Felicio,

is just too much for our D-league opponents with one good rookie who hasn't played professionally for the most part.

Sprinkle in the Maryland players and our own d-leaguers, and this is what you get. I'd like to win it because we should. And yes, Valentine looks excellent.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
the lottery quality of Portis/Valentine who should have been high lottery, and Dinwiddie who would have been low lottery until his knee injury, but brings a 6'6" athletic defensive presence, and then a pro big like Felicio,

is just too much for our D-league opponents with one good rookie who hasn't played professionally for the most part.

Sprinkle in the Maryland players and our own d-leaguers, and this is what you get. I'd like to win it because we should. And yes, Valentine looks excellent.

Excellent? What do you define as excellent in Summer League. For me, excellent is playing at the level of those who have been in the NBA and are expected to dominate the SL with consistence. The only one I have seen play like that is Dunn and Jamal Murray. 12/6 and a 2:1.8 TO ratio in the SL is just meh. The potential is there but he has a lot to learn.

stevethacreator

Liked Posts:
Excellent? What do you define as excellent in Summer League. For me, excellent is playing at the level of those who have been in the NBA and are expected to dominate the SL with consistence. The only one I have seen play like that is Dunn and Jamal Murray. 12/6 and a 2:1.8 TO ratio in the SL is just meh. The potential is there but he has a lot to learn.

Mainly even though he's been inconsistent on his shot--which might be due to him finding his NBA range--he's showing good off ball defense and he's got the basketball IQ of a pro. Great passing, he's got pretty good passing vision for a rookie, and that might just be because he got to hone his craft back at Michigan State. Some plays I've seen of Denzel, he showed he isn't afraid to go up and attack the paint. The only problem is that he need to find his range from the 3 point line and he needs to work on his on-ball defensive skills. Him playing against Ben Simmons and getting beat showed he's got a long way to go in terms of knowing when to cut off and anchor down when you've got an athlete like Simmons trying to gash through you.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bulls vs Thibs in the final.

Really? lol

The Bulls got tested tonight in a fantastic game.

Down ten at halftime they were challenged to respond, and did, but McCrae made it a hard fight. He put up 32, and 36 earlier in SL, and gave us issues.

The Bulls fought and fought and fought in a struggle all the way to finally take the lead with 2 minutes left. Valentine hit a lucky bank 3 falling forward that was the difference.

Portis should win MVP from what I have seen, though Tyus Jones is not unexpectedly dominating for Thibs. Winner of championship deserves MVP of those two.

I think the Bulls will win because they have defensive guards with length to cause Tyus problems, while their strength is inside and Valentine making easy buckets for others.

Valentine makes plays already you see only elite veteran point guards make. He has incredible vision and timing and feel for the game. He absolutely will be in the rotation and Rondo is a great mentor, as it would be a shame if he was the best passer on the team as a rookie and had nobody to strive toward.

CubsWin

Liked Posts:
I notice Kris Dunn has been sitting out. (concussion?) He scored 48 pts. in his first two games. Anyone know if he's playing vs. the Bulls? He'll be a big factor if he plays. Thibs got himself a tenacious defender.