2016 Bulls Summer League thread

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I notice Kris Dunn has been sitting out. (concussion?) He scored 48 pts. in his first two games. Anyone know if he's playing vs. the Bulls? He'll be a big factor if he plays. Thibs got himself a tenacious defender.

He is questionable/probable to play.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
I tell you what. Valentine sucked all game but his last two shots were special.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
Valentine came through in the clutch. Exciting game.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Valentine came through in the clutch. Exciting game.

I know its only SL, but what a great game. Valentine not only hit the 3 to tie the game in regulation, he hit the game winner in OT. The kid can play and he is clutch. He has shown everything but a consistent shot and he is figuring that out as he progresses.

Ron Burgundy

NBA Summer League: Denzel Valentine hits buzzer-beater for title

CnsjjiZWYAEoof_.jpg

It's only the NBA Summer League, but already Denzel Valentine is hitting big shots.The rookie hit a jump shot with no time left on the clock in overtime to lift the Chicago Bulls over the Minnesota Timberwolves 84-82 in the Summer League Finals. Valentine struggled from the field throughout the game, but hit the shot that counted in the end.He ran over to the sidelines to tell his friend Quinn Cook "I told you so.."https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/status/755237181258502144The Bulls capped off a perfect 7-0 Summer League with the win on Monday night. The team showed some bright spots throughout the league, including from newcomer Jerian Grant, Valentine and even second-year bigs Bobby Portis and Cristiano Felicio.Even Dwyane Wade showed love to his new teammate:https://twitter.com/DwyaneWade/status/755236373918060544Valentine's buzzer beater also prevented us from seeing arguably the weirdest tie-breaking rule in sports as K.C. Johnson explains:https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/755235221029597185Be sure to get your Summer League champion shirts.

More...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know its only SL, but what a great game. Valentine not only hit the 3 to tie the game in regulation, he hit the game winner in OT. The kid can play and he is clutch. He has shown everything but a consistent shot and he is figuring that out as he progresses.

I wouldn't expect a rookie, even a senior, to just step back 2 feet and feel comfortable. It almost never happens, thats why Portis is kind of a freak for his size. I tell you what, you get Cousins next to Portis at the 4 and we might be onto something. Add Mirotic at SF, Butler to SG, and Wade to PG and we would have our own death lineup, with size that would give GS issues.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Valentine and McDermmot on the bench together is something that excites me because they both have such high basketball IQ's. Drip some athleticism around those guys and see what they can do.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
tumblr_n25b6zB4Tj1smaku3o1_250.gif

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I actually watched the game. The ending was crazy. It was full of lucky shots and bad decisions. Valentine came up big, but that wouldnt have happened against pro, pro's. Portis looked real good. I really like him. Im not a Bulls fan, but I thought that was an excellent pick by yall last year.

On the TWolves end, Rubio may be as good as gone. Kris Dunn and Tyus Jones is the future. Jones is ready to be an NBA back up with bigger potential.

CubsWin

Liked Posts:
On the TWolves end, Rubio may be as good as gone. Kris Dunn and Tyus Jones is the future. Jones is ready to be an NBA back up with bigger potential.

Kris Dunn only played two games, but averaged 24. From watching several of his games at Providence, I think it's likely he's the real deal. And Jones is probably ready to play much more this season, so I can see Rubio being odd man out. With Wiggins being a rising star and a soon-to-be superstar in Towns, along with an improving, very athletic LaVine, the T-Wolves are a team to watch this year.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I'm happy for Twolves fans. They almost always suck and now they are about to be loaded if injuries don't happen. If Wiggins pans out, that team will be a force for a very long time.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't expect a rookie, even a senior, to just step back 2 feet and feel comfortable. It almost never happens, thats why Portis is kind of a freak for his size. I tell you what, you get Cousins next to Portis at the 4 and we might be onto something. Add Mirotic at SF, Butler to SG, and Wade to PG and we would have our own death lineup, with size that would give GS issues.

IMO Mirotic is not nearly as good as you believe, but I respect your opinion nonetheless. he really isn't start-quality for any legit playoff caliber roster.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
IMO Mirotic is not nearly as good as you believe, but I respect your opinion nonetheless. he really isn't start-quality for any legit playoff caliber roster.

Dont be to hard on him. There is a language barrier. When Niko get passed ball, Niko suppose to shoot ball.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish