Rangers Series

mitchmartin8

Liked Posts:
Any idea as to who the projected starters will be for the Rangers series following the break?

:cubs:

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Arrieta, Lester, Lackey.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Hendricks is the 2nd half starter. And he deserves it. Seeing how Lester and Arrieta will be in the ASG you expect them pushed back some. So Hendricks, Lackey most likely. Maybe Lester following.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
You guys are right. Probably Hendricks G1. Depends on if Arrieta and Lester actually pitch in the game.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The way Lackey, Lester and Arrieta have been pitching lately I'm all about them rolling last.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
They said the other day that Maddon wants to give Arrieta some rest after the all star game as well. So, he may not pitch in the series.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Just read..

Hendricks Hammel and Lackey will start the Rangers series

Arrieta and Lester will start off the Mets series

Thinking is, it would give both Arrieta and Lester extra days off coming out of break and with having both being in AS game

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I think maddon wants Arrieta and Lester against the Mets. I am glad Hendricks is basically staying in the number 3 position. He is the only one pitching well.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I think maddon wants Arrieta and Lester against the Mets. I am glad Hendricks is basically staying in the number 3 position. He is the only one pitching well.

He was not doing so well before but the rest of the staff was thriving. Now he is doing well while the rest of the staff are limping.

I would rather have the earlier season bit instead of seeing Hendricks thrive.

But in all seriousness, Hendricks has always been very good as a starting pitcher. Right now he is starting to see the wins. His control is spot on.

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was not doing so well before but the rest of the staff was thriving. Now he is doing well while the rest of the staff are limping.

I would rather have the earlier season bit instead of seeing Hendricks thrive.

But in all seriousness, Hendricks has always been very good as a starting pitcher. Right now he is starting to see the wins. His control is spot on.

Last year I was on the fence about him, but he's impressed me so far this year. Obviously at the very moment he's our best pitcher. Over the entire weird first half, I'd rank them: Lester, Arrieta, Hendricks, Lackey, Hammel. Didn't think that would happen without Lackey and Hammel completely sucking.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Last year I was on the fence about him, but he's impressed me so far this year. Obviously at the very moment he's our best pitcher. Over the entire weird first half, I'd rank them: Lester, Arrieta, Hendricks, Lackey, Hammel. Didn't think that would happen without Lackey and Hammel completely sucking.

Lackey has been really good or really bad depending on if his slider is on or off that day.

Hammel needs to prove that his 2nd half drop off is not a trend. If he gets blown up today I'm looking at getting a starter now. Faith in a guy is for .500 teams.