Rotations

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What if we did alot of old team/young team.

Rondo-Wade-Butler-Gibson-Lopez
Grant-Valentine-McBuckets-Mirotic-Portis

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have Rondo play a solid 30+ minutes at PG. Grant getting the remainder.

Wade and Butler combine for all 48 minutes at SG, basically. Maybe a little bit for Valentine.

Butler's minutes spilling over into the SF position for about 15-20 minutes. McDermott getting a good 15-20. Maybe a little from Valentine here too. Rather see him play more than Snell.

I'd probably have Gibson and Mirotic start. Then bring in Lopez to relieve Gibson and Portis to relieve Mirotic. Felicio is probably more of a 5 but I'd try to rotate him in during some stretches.

1: Rondo (31) + Grant (16)

2: Wade (29) + Butler (15) + Valentine (4)

3: Butler (18) + McDermott (17) + Valentine (8) + Snell (5)

4: Mirotic (21) + Portis (21) + Gibson (6)

5: Gibson (19) + Lopez (17) + Felicio (12)

Last edited:

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
No way can you have Gibson and Lopez start alongside Rondo, Wade and Butler. Mirotic has to start with either Gibson or Lopez moving to the bench. The floor spacing would be horrendous.

I expect to see both Valentine and McDermott be heavily involved. Wade probably won't see more than 30-32 minutes as you want to keep him healthy. Butler gets around 35. The good thing is we probably won't see a lot of Snell. I think you could see lineups as well where they go without your typical PG and opt to have Wade, Valentine and Butler run the offense.

Mirotic I think is going to get a lot more minutes this year. Probably starts at the 4 and gets closer to 28-30 minutes a game. Gibson will see more time at C. Probably means less time for Feliciano though who I thought was pretty good. He is a nice reserve to have if an injury were to occur.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
for spacing purposes, it makes sense to put Niko in the starting lineup. After that, Hoiberg is gonna have to get creative.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
for spacing purposes, it makes sense to put Niko in the starting lineup. After that, Hoiberg is gonna have to get creative.

This is good discussion. It seems you almost have to lead the veteran guards with the youth that can spread the floor, and you lead the young guards with the vet bigs.

Rondo-Wade-Butler-Mirotic-Portis might not be the answer right away, and certainly Lopez has to be deployed situationally, but that 5 has a better offensive floor spread.

then

Grant-Valentine-McBuckets-Gibson-Lopez

Snell, Fabricio as your depth guys.