2016-17 NBA Around the League thread

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Rip just wants to cash in on all that money.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Rip just wants to cash in on all that money.

At this point, Tony Snell is better than Rip. If some team is interested, dial 1-900-STND-PAX for trade information. All it takes is a late 2nd rounder or a can of tuna.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
It's happened before. I don't recall a player turning down a ring. It's not like any sane person will credit them as actually being a part of that Championship team. Fans are pretty quick to recognize the asterix. 50% of the time, these players take the ring just because it makes for good memorabilia and is some insurance if they need to pawn it for cash down the line.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
It's happened before. I don't recall a player turning down a ring. It's not like any sane person will credit them as actually being a part of that Championship team. Fans are pretty quick to recognize the asterix. 50% of the time, these players take the ring just because it makes for good memorabilia and is some insurance if they need to pawn it for cash down the line.

I get that but I also don't think there's ever been a situation where a player started out on one team, was cut, signed with another team and then his former & current team met in the NBA Finals. That to me, is the main reason he is not accepting the ring. Even if his Warrior teammates didn't slight him for it, Andy is a standup guy so he wouldn't even put himself in that situation.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I was watching team USA do 1 on 1 drills and Jimmy looked great. Only guy I saw block several shots on defense. Oh yeah and Kyrie went 1-5 against him ??

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He should take the ring, put it up for auction, and give the proceeds to the charity of his choice. Easy peazy lemon squeezy.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
So apparently the only reason why we didn't get Bosh, Wade, and LeBron in 2010 was because the bitch ass Clippers backed out of a Luol Deng trade last minute that would have cleared the space ??? fuck the Clippers

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
So apparently the only reason why we didn't get Bosh, Wade, and LeBron in 2010 was because the bitch ass Clippers backed out of a Luol Deng trade last minute that would have cleared the space ������ fuck the Clippers

don't buy it

no income tax and better weather in Miami

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Thunder extend westbrook. Surprising move by westbrook.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Very, but good for him. We'll see if he can carry a team or not now. Would supplant himself as a superstar then.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Westbrook is a ballhog. And to be completely honest, I don't mind that. If you are a good isolation player, it makes for exciting basketball. What makes it even better, is when you are a PG, you can pile up assist stats to counter the ball-hog argument to casual fans. So we can enjoy his ball-hog play, without being reminded of that fact, as if it's always a bad thing(maybe for OKC fans, but not NBA fans).

I miss seeing players like Iverson, and Westbrook is the closest thing we have. It's just fun to watch him, and I think if he went to another team to chase rings with other stars, he would need to change his game.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Westbrook gonna be a fantasy gold mine

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Westbrook is a ballhog. And to be completely honest, I don't mind that. If you are a good isolation player, it makes for exciting basketball. What makes it even better, is when you are a PG, you can pile up assist stats to counter the ball-hog argument to casual fans. So we can enjoy his ball-hog play, without being reminded of that fact, as if it's always a bad thing(maybe for OKC fans, but not NBA fans).

I miss seeing players like Iverson, and Westbrook is the closest thing we have. It's just fun to watch him, and I think if he went to another team to chase rings with other stars, he would need to change his game.

I would assume any ALPHA players would prefer not to play with him because of that.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post

Very, but good for him. We'll see if he can carry a team or not now. Would supplant himself as a superstar then.

It is surprising. Will be interesting what they do going forward. I thought that it was almost a sure thing that he would go to the Lakers.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yi Jianlian is making an NBA comeback with the Lakers