Grade The Offseason

Grade The Offseason

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
I'd give it a B

After 8 years of trying, they finally landed their #1 target in FA. It was necessary to let Noah walk, and worked out well letting Rose leave. I think this team is going to be better than last years team but their ceiling is a 2nd round appearance, and that's if almost everything goes right.

I also think this could set the team up as bigger players in FA next season. If things don't work out, they could go after some guys next year, and continue to float Butler around in hopes of building up a new core

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
C. Only reason it was a C, getting rid of D. Rose.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
C. Only reason it was a C, getting rid of D. Rose.

But does Wade come here if Derick Rose is here? That is my number one "I wonder" of the off-season.

czman

Liked Posts:
I don't know now you grade this off-season. The Thunder and Cavs are so far ahead of the Bulls, I have a had time seeing how anything they do in the near term matters. I would like to see a complete blow up. Not going to happen so I guess we get this, and this is what it is. A half-ass rebuild on the fly with miss matched players and no real long term plan.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I don't know now you grade this off-season. The Thunder and Cavs are so far ahead of the Bulls, I have a had time seeing how anything they do in the near term matters. I would like to see a complete blow up. Not going to happen so I guess we get this, and this is what it is. A half-ass rebuild on the fly with miss matched players and no real long term plan.

Here's the thing...tearing it down and completely blowing it up, isn't necessarily a great plan. It hardly ever works out because there's too many other varying factors. Mainly, the uncertainty of the lottery and the rarity of franchise players available in a given draft. Also, the reluctance of free agents wanting to come to a team on the rebuild. Especially franchise caliber players.

What the Bulls did this year was put a better product on the floor. Definitely a more competitive team that's balanced with vets and younger players. The best part about it is, they have virtually unlimited flexibility next season. They could make some trades at the deadline if they wish with good, moveable pieces on short term/cheap deals. They could hope Wade could lure in another max guy or two next season. Or if things aren't going well, they could say goodbye to Wade and Rondo, and sign some younger guys in free agency and start re-tooling the roster that way. Next year's crop of younger free agents is infinitely better than this years. They may even get the Kings pick next year. All in all, I think the route they chose to go with is the better plan both in the short term and the long term. With Butler on the team, the Bulls were never going to get a top 3 pick in the draft.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:

Did you mean the warriors. They were the team that got durant. ;)