WR Preview

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is going to come down to injuries on who stays on the team.....Our WRs have had a history of the injury bug.....I don't think there is a lot of patience at this point for not being on the field.

This is Royal's last year unless he lights it up and Wilson's as well. If Royal gets injured again they will probably eat this years salary just so they can get a working body on the team.....same with Wilson.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Out of 22 catches, 19 first downs! That's pretty damn good. He also runs very precise routes and at the end of last season was Cutler's go to guy when he needed to keep a drive alive.

We'll find out in a few week's, for his sake he'd better have worked his ass off in the off season.

As far as him being Cutlers go to receiver that's not saying a lot when Cameron Meredith was one of the alternatives. He will be on the bubble.

Deonte Thompson had some nice returns last season and is projected as the #1 returner, Mariani is 3rd behind Omar Bolden.

So there's a lot of hype around Braverman his highlight reel and stats are pretty strong but who knows if he can play at the NFL level, Royal is back, Mariani will have to prove himself to the coaches .

Last edited:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wilson is already injured lol

-- tapatalkin'!

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If White and AJ are both relatively injury free and White lives up to his draft placement, someone else is going to get some receptions. Teams will be so concerned with double teaming and rolling coverages that someone Miller, Royal, whomever, are going to catch some balls. No, not a ton, but more than one would think if you just looked at their past. To be sure, AJ will likely lead the team in receptions by a good margin. White will likely catch some long balls and keep defenses honest. Everything will hinge on both of these guys staying healthy. There is a lot of potential for someone else to get a "sneaky" amount of receptions.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is going to come down to injuries on who stays on the team.....Our WRs have had a history of the injury bug.....I don't think there is a lot of patience at this point for not being on the field.

This is Royal's last year unless he lights it up and Wilson's as well. If Royal gets injured again they will probably eat this years salary just so they can get a working body on the team.....same with Wilson.

I think Weelsen is out until almost mid season....broken foot?

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
I thought it was Windy City's job to post this shit?

Yeah it's ridiculous. Why is CCS paying Windy $112,000.00 per year if somebody else is just going to do his job? Typically Windy -- always passing off his work on his meaklings.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Mariani is in the running, its just doubtful Mariani, Royal, Wilson, Braverman all make the team.

I think that group needs to be cut to 2, making Royal and Wilson very unsafe as well. I don't think either are locks at all with this many young guys. Royal needs to show something, show he is the pro and the other guys aren't on his level.
How did you miss this? Royal is guaranteed $4.5 mil this year. He so safe he could pee on the goalpost. He's a lock in our dimension.

I don't know the hit for injury cut/settlement on Wilson. Wouldn't surprise me. Can't stay uninjured.
Because Wilson is hurt Mariani is likely. He's the only producing vet who plays 16 games. Plus, our 2nd tier guys just aren't that impressive.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We'll find out in a few week's, for his sake he'd better have worked his ass off in the off season.

As far as him being Cutlers go to receiver that's not saying a lot when Cameron Meredith was one of the alternatives. He will be on the bubble.

Deonte Thompson had some nice returns last season and is projected as the #1 returner, Mariani is 3rd behind Omar Bolden.

So there's a lot of hype around Braverman his highlight reel and stats are pretty strong but who knows if he can play at the NFL level, Royal is back, Mariani will have to prove himself to the coaches .

You're right about having to prove himself but that is pretty true for most NFL players. I think, though, that Cutler has a lot to say about which receivers get targeted and who don't and having a guy who is very dependable at making first downs is very important to him. Mariani did that last year big time. Also, having a guy like Mariani who is very dependable as a punt returner also scores points with the coaching staff because it creates another roster spot in whatever area the coaches want.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
You're right about having to prove himself but that is pretty true for most NFL players. I think, though, that Cutler has a lot to say about which receivers get targeted and who don't and having a guy who is very dependable at making first downs is very important to him. Mariani did that last year big time. Also, having a guy like Mariani who is very dependable as a punt returner also scores points with the coaching staff because it creates another roster spot in whatever area the coaches want.
Man, with Wilson on PUP (ATM), and Bolden cut...

I'm seeing

WR (7): Jeffery, White, Royal, Braverman, Thompson, Mariani, Bellamy (Wilson PUP)

Our top 4 (incld Wilson) have injury concerns...

Royal is starting slot. Braverman will be funneled into Punt Returns. Thompson KR. Mariani proven slot backup. Bellamy proven ST coverage-man & backup WR.

Braverman's TC/preseason performance will pivot everything. If he's stunning in Slot, Mariani is very expendable. Excellent in KR, Thompson is very expendable. And all vise versa.

Our DB rookies are likely fine ST coverage guys. Bellamy is no lock, but he's your perfect ST-ace/WR backup. If Mariani were to emerge a ST gunner, Bellamy would be redundant.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I predict that Mariani starts as the slot receiver.

jonimus

Liked Posts:
Not good guys. Sounds like there was more to the Alshon deal than we expected. After Bolden was caught degrading Fox's secret garden, resulting in Chandler irreversible depression for a lost lover, word was leaked that Alshon also had a special tie to Chandler. Being the reserved man he is, he had a hard time approaching Chandler with his true emotions, but he knew Bolden's work on the Halas statue would likely lead to bad things and further knew Chandler's true feelings for Bolden. Why couldn't he feel that way for me, AJ would think, and was hesitant to sign a long term contract. Turns out now that things have come to fruition, attending training camp is even in question. What's worse is it sounds like the story may be deeper than we originally thought.. is Pernell involved??

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Braverman is going to be fun to watch, I think he's gonna be a stud in the redzone, and the other 80 yards on the field, too. Pretty much everywhere if you know what I mean.