Blake Griffin trade sweepstakes thread

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Possibly get merged into the AtL thread, unless the Bulls rumors gain traction.

Bulls have offered Taj Gibson and Nikola Mirotic for Blake Griffin. http://www.inquisitr.com/3317597/nba-rumors-chicago-bulls-preparing-for-a-blake-griffin-trade/ or google your sources, they are pretty much the same. Middle-range sources outside of basic bloggersphere. Nothing super reputable yet.

Celtics have offered some kind of mixed bag of draft picks and moves involving a third team, including Rudy Gay in the rumormill. And this is being considered the more likely of any possible move.

There is no way we could be serious with that offer, I would rejoice and poor Jimmy would never get to be an alpha, lol.

Read between the lines and realize we want to be the third team and that package is commensurate with returning the Garpax hard on for Gay.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
There would have to be more involved.

Gibson/Mirotic/Snell makes the salary work.

Throw in a first round pick and the Sacramento pick.

Surely Rudy Gay isn't that enticing to them. Unless that Brooklyn pick is involved I would rather take the package the Bulls can offer.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As if Rivers would want Mirotic's defense and then shot jacking to steal terrible looks from Crawford/Reddick.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Point being, couldn't Griffin sign an extension with the Clippers, get his larger pay day then get traded to the Bulls?

Don't think so. Sign and trades are only for FA's. any team that trades for him needs to hope he resigns.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah because Rudy Gay is the epitome of a guy who takes high percentage shots right?

I don't think you understand Gay is going to the Bulls, Mirotic likely to the celtics, and some form of Gibson and a celtics package of picks and players is going to the Clippers.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
I don't think you understand Gay is going to the Bulls, Mirotic likely to the celtics, and some form of Gibson and a celtics package of picks and players is going to the Clippers.

So you're under the impression Gay and Griffin are going to end up on the Bulls? LSD is a hell of a drug.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Rudy Gay..lol. If the Bulls make any trades with the kings, it should be for Cousins. And only Cousins.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The prediction of

Mirotic, Olynyk, Smart, and several picks to Clippers (they need one of Boston's back-up point guards)
Gay to Bulls
Gibson, Snell, Griffin to Celtics

has nothing to do with what the Bulls should do. We are discussing what Garpax will do are we not? We have been sniffing up Gay's ass for years. lol all you want. we don't run the show, the prediction game is about who does.

Relax about Cousins, I don't want to trade for him. I want him to carry that team to the 9th or 10th seed and get us that damn fucking pick or it becomes a second rounder. We need Cousins on Sac to have any chance.

Then we have Gay/Rondo to recruit Cousins to a deep Bulls team bolstered by Wade/Butler/McB/Valentine/Portis and two firsts in upcoming draft.

We sign Cousins for cash, cash that will become a good deal in a few years, with flexibility when Wade/Rondo fall off the cap.

I see the light boys...4 months ago we were sitting alone in the dark without a prayer of FA's.

Now a 2017 of Rondo-Wade-Butler-Portis-Cousins with new bench mob Canaan/Valentine/McB/Gay/Felicio/2 more earlyish firsts

is possible. Or just forget this trade and Gay, most of that is still possible.

more likely

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Gar has a raging hard on for Gay. Has been that way since he took over.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
The Bulls perimeter shooting if they trade Gay for Mirotic...

search

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
http://www.morningledger.com/chicag...osing-cleveland-cavaliers-over-bulls/1385953/

Speculation is making assumptions that the Clippers are keeping Blake and shutting down trade talks. Because Blake is looking to go to Cleveland in 2017, which means he's not interested in long term deals with the Bulls or Celtics. But maybe Thunder, but the Thunder are willing to wait until 2017 as well.

How much info is credible? Meh, no idea. These rumors have been a step above junk level, so not very good.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
http://www.morningledger.com/chicag...osing-cleveland-cavaliers-over-bulls/1385953/

Speculation is making assumptions that the Clippers are keeping Blake and shutting down trade talks. Because Blake is looking to go to Cleveland in 2017, which means he's not interested in long term deals with the Bulls or Celtics. But maybe Thunder, but the Thunder are willing to wait until 2017 as well.

How much info is credible? Meh, no idea. These rumors have been a step above junk level, so not very good.

will cle have the cap space? What will they do with kevin love?

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
will cle have the cap space? What will they do with kevin love?

I don't believe they will. They currently only have 8 players under contract and already have the 3rd highest payroll @ $80+M. Keep in mind they haven't resigned Lebron or JR yet. Those two alone will add roughly another $45M or so combined. They will have the highest payroll again this year when all is said and done.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have also read the Bulls may go hard after Cousins. But, I believe these are just crap rumors.