Who else really wants to see Cody Whitehair play right away?

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I'm saying a SINGLE injury can be devastating to this team. There are actually lots of teams with good depth. GB had many injuries on the Oline and many at WR and still won a playoff game barely losing their 2nd one. We had a great depth/starter option (Slauson) and FoxPace pulled a complete brain fart without looking at the big picture.

They won a playoff game because they have arguably the best QB in the game. That happens to a lot of other teams and they're fucked.

Gaucho

Liked Posts:
Whitehairs hand placement and grip strength are elite for a guard prospect. He has + movement skills, especially laterally which will benefit any pulls from his side. His lower body is thick as hell and he understands leverage allowing that lower body to hold his base. He was considered the #1 guard prospect amongst many NFL teams, in fact, one anonymous GM said they almost selected him with their 1st round pick. When he becomes an above average-pro bowl guard I'm gunna come in here and laugh my ass of at some of these uneducated statements.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Whitehairs hand placement and grip strength are elite for a guard prospect. He has + movement skills, especially laterally which will benefit any pulls from his side. His lower body is thick as hell and he understands leverage allowing that lower body to hold his base. He was considered the #1 guard prospect amongst many NFL teams, in fact, one anonymous GM said they almost selected him with their 1st round pick. When he becomes an above average-pro bowl guard I'm gunna come in here and laugh my ass of at some of these uneducated statements.

Probably was Ryan Pace.

OBearsWon Kinobi

Liked Posts:
I'm not too worried. Unlike many on the board I think if we hit a lucky streak with few injuries and a few winks from the football gods we can turn some heads this year.

I trust Long to help develope and groom Grasu and adding another very athletic guy in Whitehair......it's not impossible for Massie and Leno to hold the outsides. All can move and get to second level for the RB's on screens draws. I believe you can run Howard behind Long and my grandmother and get 1 yard.....so many 1st downs not converted by Forte (who I loved as a Bears and have mad respect for) Barber, Bush ect ect.

Hopefully A.J. and White will be the twin towers on the outside and we'll see if they and our only good TE can go the whole season. Would love to see Cutty sit in the pocket light a Marlboro and then say "fuck it" while throwing a 60 yard dart out into the secondary and see our WR go up and get the ball. Not Moose Muhammad like effort in a Super bowl.

The D will be sooooo much fun to watch this year. Hopefully Fox's history repeats itself and we will all have a very successfull up coming season.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I do. I think there's some Zach Martin in his game but because he went to Kansas State instead of Notre Dame he's unheralded.

Bill Snyder is a hell of a coach that develops great players, think Jordy Nelson, Darren Strokes. I think Whitehair will be wonderful.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Does it matter if anyone "wants" him to start? At this point I don't think there is much of a choice. Once Slauson was traded there was little to put in the G spot outside of Larsen or a bunch of kids that have, also, not started a NFL game.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does it matter if anyone "wants" him to start? At this point I don't think there is much of a choice. Once Slauson was traded there was little to put in the G spot outside of Larsen or a bunch of kids that have, also, started a NFL game.

:aj:

Bronze65

Liked Posts:
what was the strategic purpose of that move anyway? I either missed the answer or it was never determined.

The Bears tried to trade Slauson and those efforts began well before the draft. Slauson has multiple teams pursuing him right now as he is visiting the Chargers and is scheduled to visit the Bills, where coach Rex Ryan and offensive line coach Aaron Kromer both have familiarity with him. But the fact that the team couldn’t flip Slauson for a draft pick should also be an indication of how other teams viewed him and the $3 million salary for this season. This wasn’t a move that was made to clear cap space. The Bears made a football decision. The 2016 season will tell us if it was the right move or the wrong move.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...ct-matt-slauson-why-bears-20160504-story.html

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
While he may not have played as good as a guy who was supposed to sit a year is expected to... The play in your picture wasn't his fault even though it looked like it.

I know, still funny pic. Grasu will play fine this year, just needs to stay healthy.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
what was the strategic purpose of that move anyway? I either missed the answer or it was never determined.

Supposedly injury related, but there's been no confirmation. Though the fact that he remains a FA would leave me to believe it's true.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
While he may not have played as good as a guy who was supposed to sit a year is expected to... The play in your picture wasn't his fault even though it looked like it.

Yes it was. Grasu was fucking a awful at center.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
While that might be true about despbro, he's not wrong in this case.

I'd have to see the play again as I don't remember but no doubt it could be Grassu's fault.