Peanut Retired

Boochee Man

Liked Posts:
We went from having a guy that averaged a turnover a game in a season to having zero playmakers in the secondary. Thanks for the memories Peanut!

Wintermute

Liked Posts:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

MaoTenDoo

Rabid Homer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Putting the thread back on track. Tillman retiring a Bear. Hell Yes.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago-bears/post/_/id/4703052/charles-tillman-set-to-retire-as-member-of-chicago-bears-on-friday

CHICAGO -- Charles Tillman is expected to sign a ceremonial one-day contract Friday and retire as a member of the Chicago Bears, the club confirmed.

Peanut was pure class on & off the field. I love that my team is acknowledging his contributions to Chicago with this honor.

StrongerThanAll

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All around great player for st, covering, to ff, and for how great he was on the field he was 10x better outside of the game.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
I get that. It's one of those attributes that is nice to have. The more you can force, the more turnovers you should make for your team.

I thought that the 44 forced fumbles Tillman had were recovered by the defense. I was wrong but I wonder how many of those led to turnovers? Roughly half most likely? So if he had 22 leading to turnovers and 12 recoveries, he could have had as many as 34 turnovers from fumbles (although probably less as some of those would be him recovering his own forced fumble).

It's an impressive stat, nonetheless.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TillCh20.htm

Of Tillman's 44 forced fumbles, 25 were recovered by the defense, added to his interception total of 38, it puts Tillman at 63 turnovers total.

Champ Bailey (to use a comparison from this thread), had 52 ints, but only 3 out of 7 forced fumbles that led to a turnover. It puts his turnover total at 55.

I agree that forced fumbles aren't a great stat. The turnovers are what is important.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Of Tillman's 44 forced fumbles, 25 were recovered by the defense, added to his interception total of 38, it puts Tillman at 63 turnovers total.

Champ Bailey (to use a comparison from this thread), had 52 ints, but only 3 out of 7 forced fumbles that led to a turnover. It puts his turnover total at 55.

I agree that forced fumbles aren't a great stat. The turnovers are what is important.

Source/Link?

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:

At least 6 bounced out of bounds. That's only going through the 2012 season.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Source/Link?

I would like to see a link as well. Although I wouldn't be surprised if this was true. During the Lovie era, we did seem to get our fair share of loose footballs. I always come back to that monday night game vs Green Bay with that Urlacher strip and Jennings recovery on the sideline as a wow moment that summed up what Lovie preached.

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
I would like to see a link as well. Although I wouldn't be surprised if this was true. During the Lovie era, we did seem to get our fair share of loose footballs. I always come back to that monday night game vs Green Bay with that Urlacher strip and Jennings recovery on the sideline as a wow moment that summed up what Lovie preached.

Was that the game when Collins couldnt hear the ref blowing the whistle in his ear on the Forte run, but heard a racial slur from halfway up Soldier Field?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Was that the game when Collins couldnt hear the ref blowing the whistle in his ear on the Forte run, but heard a racial slur from halfway up Soldier Field?

Yeah. It was also the game where the Packers fans used 18 penalties as the excuse for why they lost (even though they had 3 false starts from their own 1 yard line and 2 illegal laterals on the last play of the game that inflated the total).

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
http://www.charlestillman.org/page.aspx?ID=1048

This is as of March of 2013, at which point he only had 39. You would have to look up the last 5.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Source/Link?

I went through the game logs of every game that showed he had a forced fumble. Took a little while, but I was as curious as everyone else. Wasn't terrible though, just open the game log and ctrl + f for the word fumble on the page.

I did the same for Bailey, who thankfully didn't have very many.

Edited to add the numbers(fumbles recovered out of total forced fumbles):

2015 - 2-2
2014 - 0-0
2013 - 0-3
2012 - 5-10
2011 - 3-4
2010 - 1-3
2009 - 3-6
2008 - 3-4
2007 - 4-4
2006 - 0-1
2005 - 1-4