Peanut Retired

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I would love to see him as a coach someday. Obviously, he would have to want to do it and have to work his way up. It would just be something I think he would be good at.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube_share;kSgLNeuV_tM]https://youtu.be/kSgLNeuV_tM[/video]

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So what's the board's consensus on him for Hall of Fame?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I would love to see him as a coach someday. Obviously, he would have to want to do it and have to work his way up. It would just be something I think he would be good at.
No desire. Lawrence home asked him about it a few months back.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So what's the board's consensus on him for Hall of Fame?

No. That is a question only a Bears fan would ever bring up. If great guy, model citizen and teammate, player fans love to root for, become HOF criteria, I would reconsider.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah, there's absolutely zero chance he makes it into Canton. That doesn't take away from what he accomplished here, though. He was an amazing player, fun as hell to watch, and a genuinely great guy... but he never could quite get higher than a couple tiers below "HoF player"

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Guys when Devin Hester makes the HoF they will have to let Peanut in....

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Yeah, to be brutally honest, Tillman just was not good enough of a cover corner to make it. In fact, for the first half of his career, he was a liability in coverage. I remember in 05 and 06 how I would get mad because whenever a team actually had a long play on us, it was usually Tillman being mismatched.

Great guy who had a knack for causing fumbles. Average in coverage. 2 probowls late in his career.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Guys when Devin Hester makes the HoF they will have to let Peanut in....

Hester has a shot down the road because he might go down as the best returner ever. Tillman was the best at one aspect of many of playing cornerback.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you put Tillman in the HOF today he'd become easily the worst and least accomplished player or person in the HOF.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The case for Tillman is not far fetched
Statistically you can sort of make a case for him....the things lacking is the probowls and INTs...

Look at Aeneas Williams

55 INTs
9 TDs
8 FFs
8 Probowls
3 All-Pros

Tillman

38 INTS
8 TDs
44 FFs
2 Probowls
1 All-Pro

Unfortunately FFs are not a recognized stat by the NFL technically. If they were, there could be a case for Tillman. As it stands I don't see how he goes.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The case for Tillman is not far fetched
Yes it is.

It's incredibly far fetched.

Look at Aeneas Williams

55 INTs
9 TDs
8 FFs
8 Probowls
3 All-Pros

Tillman

38 INTS
8 TDs
44 FFs
2 Probowls
1 All-Pro
Ok yeah..Looked at it. Williams was far better. Made 4x as many Probowls. 3x as many All Pro Teams. Actually lead the league in INT's once. Williams might be the weakest corner in the HOF right now(Darrell Green?) but neither of these guys were the liability Tillman was at times in his career in coverage. Tillman was a unique turnover creator but no one in their right mind thought they were watching an elite player for 90% of his career. Tillman was underappreciated at times but he has no business in any HOF discussion

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
paging Bob Hayes......

Bob Hayes lead the league in receiving TD's twice. He lead the league in Y/R twice as well. For a few seasons he may have been the best punt return man in football on top of being an elite WR. Made 2x as many Pro Bowls and 2x as many All Pro teams as Tillman. He helped the Cowboys win a Super Bowl.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Peanut, welcome to the Hall of Very Good.

You were a terrific player and great guy . I will buy both you nd Devin Hester admission tickets to the HOF when you decide to visit

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes it is.

It's incredibly far fetched.

Ok yeah..Looked at it. Williams was far better. Made 4x as many Probowls. 3x as many All Pro Teams. Actually lead the league in INT's once. Williams might be the weakest corner in the HOF right now(Darrell Green?) but neither of these guys were the liability Tillman was at times in his career in coverage. Tillman was a unique turnover creator but no one in their right mind thought they were watching an elite player for 90% of his career. Tillman was underappreciated at times but he has no business in any HOF discussion

Tillman's case would be based on FFs. He has over 5 times as many as William's. The problem is that the NFL did not recognize FF as a stat; It should, they are almost as important as INTs. If FFs had been recognized Tillman may have seen more probowls. As it stand's he doesn't have the stats.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tillman's case would be based on FFs.
Read that again to yourself and realize how hilarious that sounds.

Tillman's case would be based on a non-major statistical category that isn't even officially recognized by the NFL according to you.

NOT FAR FETCHED CASE!

:aj:

Said this before and I'll say it again, if Tillman wasn't a Bear for 99% of his career we aren't even sitting here discussing this.

:homer: