Peanut Retired

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Tillman's case would be based on FFs. He has over 5 times as many as William's. The problem is that the NFL did not recognize FF as a stat; It should, they are almost as important as INTs. If FFs had been recognized Tillman may have seen more probowls. As it stand's he doesn't have the stats.

The actual play of an INT to a FF is almost as important, yes. But Ints are more of an indicator of elite play because they tell a story of how well a player does in coverage. That is a far better trait to have for a corner.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bob Hayes lead the league in receiving TD's twice. He lead the league in Y/R twice as well. For a few seasons he may have been the best punt return man in football on top of being an elite WR. Made 2x as many Pro Bowls and 2x as many All Pro teams as Tillman. He helped the Cowboys win a Super Bowl.

He never led the league in receiving yards.....he did have the league in TDs twice.......There are a plenty of players who led the league in TDs and never made the Hall. Why are we comparing Hayes to Tillman....I think you need to re-read my posts about Tillman and stop yapping at me like a chihuahua.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The actual play of an INT to a FF is almost as important, yes. But Ints are more of an indicator of elite play because they tell a story of how well a player does in coverage. That is a far better trait to have for a corner.

I don't disagree....for some reason people keep arguing with me like I am trying to make a case for Tillman.....please read all of my posts.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Read that again to yourself and realize how hilarious that sounds.

Tillman's case would be based on a non-major statistical category that isn't even officially recognized by the NFL according to you.

NOT FAR FETCHED CASE!

:aj:

Said this before and I'll say it again, if Tillman wasn't a Bear for 99% of his career we aren't even sitting here discussing this.

:homer:

Please stop being ignorant and read all of posts.....you are being a moron for arguing with me about Tillman being in the Hall.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He never led the league in receiving yards.....he did have the league in TDs twice.......There are a plenty of players who led the league in TDs and never made the Hall. Why are we comparing Hayes to Tillman....I think you need to re-read my posts about Tillman and stop yapping at me like a chihuahua.

I never said he lead the league in Yards receiving. Are you illiterate?

Why are we comparing Hayes to Tillman?

YOU BROUGHT UP BOB HAYES!

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Please stop being ignorant and read all of posts.....you are being a moron for arguing with me about Tillman being in the Hall.

You said Tillman's case isn't far fetched.

It is/would be.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never said he lead the league in Yards receiving. Are you illiterate?

Why are we comparing Hayes to Tillman?

YOU BROUGHT UP BOB HAYES!

I wasn't comparing him to Tillman...I was pointing out that he was one of the least accomplished players in the Hall.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I don't disagree....for some reason people keep arguing with me like I am trying to make a case for Tillman.....please read all of my posts.

It would be nice for Canton to mention Tillman's fumble record. Kind of an unusual stat that new generations might raise their eyebrow to as they tour the hall.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

It is/would be.

jesus christ man.

As I said the case would have to be made on FFs. At the time they weren't really recognized. They are becoming more because of guys like Tillman.

As I have said I don't think he gets into the Hall. Why the fuck are you arguing with me? We both agree he doesn't get into the Hall.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It would be nice for Canton to mention Tillman's fumble record. Kind of an unusual stat that new generations might raise their eyebrow to as they tour the hall.

FFs were being recognized more because of guys like Tillman.....it may become an officially recognized stat. But right now it is not.

44 FFs in a career is damn amazing. The person closest to Tillman as far as unofficial stat goes is Osi Umenyiora with 32.

Unofficial stats become official stats and eventually FFs will probably become one.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
jesus christ man.

As I said the case would have to be made on FFs. At the time they weren't really recognized. They are becoming more because of guys like Tillman.

As I have said I don't think he gets into the Hall. Why the fuck are you arguing with me? We both agree he doesn't get into the Hall.

I repeat:

It is/would be.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I repeat:

It is/would be.

It would not be far fetched if FFs were recognized. As I have said they are not, so he won't make the Hall......how are you not comprehending this?

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It would not be far fetched if FFs were recognized.

Yes it still would be.

Forced fumbles is a neat niche stat but it's still not a turnover. Tillman was an above average CB who was good at forcing fumbles. Cool story. There's no HOF case there.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes it still would be.

Forced fumbles is a neat niche stat but it's still not a turnover. Tillman was an above average CB who was good at forcing fumbles. Cool story. There's no HOF case there.

Yes I know...I said he isn't making the Hall. Glad you agree with me....

FFs are more than a niche stat. Time in the pocket is an example of a niche stat. FFs will become an official stat. It will go the same route as sacks which were once an unofficial stat. It is really up to Elias Sports Bureau who is the official stat keeper. Elias doesn't count FFs as official but they are tracking them now. If they can reliably get these numbers then it will probably become an official stat.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
FFs are more than a niche stat. .

Not really.

And as I said, they don't even constitute a turnover. Unimpressed. It's little more than a trivial number right now really.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not really.

And as I said, they don't even constitute a turnover. Unimpressed. It's little more than a trivial number right now really.

You might not be impressed, but it is becoming more relevant with the media and stat tracking. As I mentioned, Elias really holds the key and people who vote on the Hall of Fame. FFs weren't really talked about much until Tillman. He really helped put the stat on the map. It isn't enough, as it stands, to get him into the Hall however.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lots of DE's have wracked up FF's, Feeney, Mathis, Osi

Tillman's only real comparison is Charles Woodson. Its so much easier to blind side a QB who has one hand on the ball in a vulnerable position and is a bad athlete, than to strip a WR or RB whose job is ball security first, second, and third.

The craziest part might be he did this for the most part while not getting to play against Greg Olsen, who was usually his teammate.