Bears Fan Roll-Call: Introduce Yourself And Start Posting!

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Hello Everyone,
I am a retired IT professional that has lived in the Chicago area for most of my life. I've been a Bears and Cubs fan since the early '60s and a Hawks fan since the early 80s. I came to the Hawks late because growing up, the Montreal Canadiens were my local (and favorite) team and it was hard for me to let them go. Heck, Jean Beliveau is still my favorite all time player.
Anyway I'm looking forward to getting to know you and posting in the forums. I promise to try not to be too stupid but I'm sure that I will occassionally trip over my own tongue. Apologies in advance if I do.

walterpaytonrules

Liked Posts:
Bears Fan Since: 1980
Favorite Current Bears Player: The Biscuit
Favorite All-Time Bears Player: Sweetness
Favorite Bears Moment: Superbowl XX

Meanoldbear

Liked Posts:
Hello everybody
First post
Been a Bears fan in UK for sometime now coming over for our seventh game in seven years soon hope to see a BEARS WIN
Been to five away games since our first visit to Chicago in 2011 but have been drawn back to Chicago this year
We are 3 & 3 so hope to get up again

Bears Fan Since - NFL first shown in UK
Favourite Current Bears Player - Howard
Favourite All Time Bears Player - Sweetness
Favourite Bears Momment - 85 Super bowl

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
[Bears Fan Since]: Before I knew what football was. Thanks Gpa

[Favorite Current Bears Player]: Mitch Trubisky, I really feel like the kid has got the potential to be great. Never had a gut feeling like that about
anyone. Especially someone as green as he is being put in the most critical & critiqued position. People expect too much out of QBs and not enough
out of the other 10 guys on offense.

[Favorite All-Time Bears Player]: Sweetness - Soon as I could understand football I heard about the humble 34 who worked hard running up sandy
hills. Always hit the hitters back. Real team player who took blocking as a RB seriously. I idolized those aspects of Walter Payton growing up. Ended
up liking the mean sonovabitch Butkus as
I got older though. And was team Buddy not team Ditka.

[Favorite Bears Moment]: Superbowl XX the first game I ever watched and understood the rules of football. Before that I really didn't know what was
going on but enjoyed 1985 season minus the Dolphin game. Learned to despise Greenbay the next season when the Punky QB McMahon got
assassinated.

Foreign Banana

Liked Posts:
I have been living in Chicago for many months now. I go to Bar of the Sports on Sundays and cheer for this team with friends. I always have great times! I wish for more friends and great times here too. So happy the team earned a victory today!

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
Bears Fan Since: The '60's
Favorite Current Bears Player: Trubiski
Favorite All Time Bears Player: Sweetness
Favorite Bears Moment: Sept 19, 1985, Jim McMahon's 3 touchdown passes in 7 throws steals victory from Vikings at the Metrodome. I was there!! You could've heard a pin drop in that noisy dome after this unbelievable comeback!

FryCubs22

Liked Posts:
Bears Fan Since:
Favorite Current Bears Player:
Favorite All-Time Bears Player:
Favorite Bears Moment:

Bears Fan Since: 2016 (formerly Packers)
Favorite Current Bears Player: Tarik Cohen
Favorite All-Time Bears Player: Walter Payton
Favorite Bears Moment: I don't have many to choose from over my two years of fandom, but I'll say OT of the Steelers game in 2017. Cohen makes an amazing run that gets called back because he stepped out of bounds, then Jordan Howard seals the deal. Remarkable stuff.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
New member here living in LA and I’ve been a bears fan my whole life

Username

Liked Posts:
been a Bears fan since '83. Seen highs and lows. I think the players have a good heart. I think the fans are a bit stupid. Not the fans in general, just the "fans" on this board. I think everyone should turn off the fucking games when the team is sucking, and get outside.
I think anyone who comes here and bitches about how someone is/isn't doing something should get a life.
I think anyone who obsesses over something THEY HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CONTROL OVER is a fucking idiot.

Enjoy the entertainment on Sundays for what it is. If it sucks, do something else.
Fan loyality and being a "real fan" is nothing to be proud of and will not put food on your plate.

I think the Bears are stuck in a cycle of bad management mainly do to their owner's not having a clue on how to run a team.
I think the Bears should be a defensive team first and a O team second. They have always done well in the modern era when their built like this.
I think Pace fucked up on the draft when he traded up for the Turd Biscuit, who is a project QB at best. Pace should not have picked a QB this draft, he should have solidified the D. Now we are stuck with a project QB and NOBODY on the team to develop him.

Pace fucked us with a development QB and worse yet, NO ONE TO BACK HIM UP. Pace should be fired for bringing in Glennon and Sanchez. But instead Fox will be fired, which is also needed, but Pace better fucking bring in a D minded coach or the team will go back to what it was under Trestman.

I approach that line of thought with every game. The turd will look good against mediocre D's because they don't have enough tape on him this year to handle his scrambling. He looks bad against good D's because he's too inexperienced and probably dumb to read a defense. If he keeps that scrambling up, eventually he'll get hurt. So if the turd is sucking, I'll turn off the game by the end of the first quarter. Life is too short to be unhappy. You only get so many Sundays to put a smile on your face.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Bears Fan Since: 2005
Favorite Current Bears Player: Jay Cutler
Favorite All-Time Bears Player: Jay Cutler
Favorite Bears Moment: 06 Superbowl Bears

Bears Fan Since: 2005
Favorite Current Bears Player: Trubisky
Favorite All-Time Bears Player: Cutler
Favorite Bears Moment: Spoiling Favre's number retirement night.

Darnell Mooney

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I've loved Da Bears since Urlacher came in and will for the rest of life.

fan since: 2000
favorite current player: offense Mitchell Trubisky defense Akiem Hicks
favorite all-time player: offense Alshon Jeffrey defense Brian Urlacher
favorite Bears moment: Devin Hesters kick return in the Superbowl.

34 GOAT

Liked Posts:
fan since: 1974
favorite current player: Trubinski
Favorite all time Player: Sweetness
Favorite Bear moment: When Mcmahon came off the bench to throw 2 consecutive Td's against the most loathsome viqueens during the 85 season, Almost any run by Sweetness, and the annihilation of the pats in XX

SpeedRacer

Liked Posts:
First Bears game: 1977 (Bob Avellini and Walter Payton)
Favorite Current Player: Tarik Cohen
Favorite All-Time Player: Sweetness
Favorite Bears Moment: 85 Super Bowl

Halas Awk

Liked Posts:
Since 1984 when I first saw Walter Payton
Kyle Long
Walter/Urlacher
Devin’s superbowl ko return

staleystarch

Liked Posts:
Been a Bears fan since 1970
Favorite current Bear is Jordan Howard (subject to change if someone else emerges in 2018)
Favorite former Bear is Walter Payton
Best moment was being in the stands at Soldier Field during the thrashing of Green Bay in the fog 61-7 back in 1980

Liked Posts:
1980 the day I was born
Jordan Howard. Favorite playe
Hester returning the opening kickoff of the superbowl(house went nuts thought it was over)Favorite moment

Recsq

Liked Posts:
Russ
Bears Fan Since: 1966
Favorite Current Bears Player: Khalil Mack
Favorite All-Time Bears Player: Walter Payton
Favorite Bears Moment: Wilbur Marshall's kill shot of Joe Fergerson

Recsq

Liked Posts:
Been a Bears fan since 1970
Favorite current Bear is Jordan Howard (subject to change if someone else emerges in 2018)
Favorite former Bear is Walter Payton
Best moment was being in the stands at Soldier Field during the thrashing of Green Bay in the fog 61-7 back in 1980

I was at that game!