Amini Silatolu meeting with the Bears

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Why do I have this bad feeling that Grasau will still suck this year? I really do hope and pray that I'm wrong.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
*Sigh*
*Yawn*
*Checks the time*
*Stirs coffee*
*Sips*

Tell me more about how teams making the playoffs are about individual efforts. Tell me more about how football is not a team sport.

*Puts bag of popcorn in microwave*

You listed all those individuals as important in some way to the team. I was just pointing out that all but one had little effect on helping the team with its ultimate goal. We were supposed to have some bad ass offense with those players, and it didn't get us to the playoffs even.

Let the coaches do their work and if the offense is total shit bitch afterwards, not before.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
You still have to put asses into the seats and sell merchandise. Granted in Chicago that isn't a problem as good or bad the fans eat up the tickets anyways. The only thing I know with absolute certainty is that trading off one phase of the team for another is a net change of 0. The defense on paper is pretty good and as is last year they were alright. The offense however has been dismantled and the special teams god knows how they will flesh out. So the same can be said there, whats the fucking point in that?
You can't do it all at once. But there are young guys on offense who need to play so we know what we need going forward. That doesn't happen if they're sitting behind aging vets making large coin. It's not like we have a first and second round pick playing wide receiver and three young athletic running backs... Oh wait....

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Let the coaches do their work and if the offense is total shit bitch afterwards, not before.

Fair enough, but previous point still stands. Making the playoffs is always an indicator of your team as a whole AND its coaching, not about individuals.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You can't do it all at once. But there are young guys on offense who need to play so we know what we need going forward. That doesn't happen if they're sitting behind aging vets making large coin. It's not like we have a first and second round pick playing wide receiver and three young athletic running backs... Oh wait....

If your coaching staff can't determine the competence of its players without needing to jettison starters and give the backups more playing time then IMO you have far greater problems to deal with.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
If your coaching staff can't determine the competence of its players without needing to jettison starters and give the backups more playing time then IMO you have far greater problems to deal with.
AJ and White were not drafted to be backups. I don't believe Langford and Howard were drafted to be backups (but I'm not going to argue that point). Offensive linemen have to learn playing together.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Fair enough, but previous point still stands. Making the playoffs is always an indicator of your team as a whole AND its coaching, not about individuals.

That is very true, but the team is made up of individuals and the majority of the ones jettisoned never helped the unit to the playoffs like they were hired to do as part of the whole.

Foxy and Pace were going to revamp the roster, you had to think that any sore thumbed cry babies were going to go. as well as anyone that wasn't in the teams long term plans. I understand the moves they made for the most part minus slauson, simply because he was cheap and could backup multiple positions as well as help learn the youngins.

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
The injured guy who didn't fit the blocking scheme? I remember.
Remember when we were in year two of a rebuild?

The injured guy? This guy we just signed tore his ACL in Novemever. You're telling me you'd rather have this guy than Slausen as a backup or starter? I'm not arguing Slausen is some world beater, but he's a proven commodity at C, something which were not privy to right meow.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You still have to put asses into the seats and sell merchandise. Granted in Chicago that isn't a problem as good or bad the fans eat up the tickets anyways. The only thing I know with absolute certainty is that trading off one phase of the team for another is a net change of 0. The defense on paper is pretty good and as is last year they were alright. The offense however has been dismantled and the special teams god knows how they will flesh out. So the same can be said there, whats the fucking point in that?

I would say the point is they saw how far they got with what they had. Of course none of us are privy to what all goes on behind closed doors, though one would assume there was a cost analysis performed with projections over the next 5 years at a minimum. If they perform their jobs correctly, (meaning front office and coaching staff) then the new names will soon become the new faces of the franchise. Seattle would be a really good example of a recent rebuild. There were no names on that team and then their defense and 3rd Round QB performed really well within the schemes the coaches developed/coached and the team popularity soared. Sure they brought in a couple names that happened to work out for them. (let's not forget Lynch was a risk/reward player that worked out well for them.) But they first blew it all up. Recent NFL history has the pendulum swinging back to elite defenses. To me at least... it appears they have made the decision to make one side of the ball dominate prior to dealing with the other. (probably thinking it will help cover up for the consistency of the QB) Given Fox and Fangio's skillset, it only makes sense they start with the side of the ball that they are the most familiar with.

The fans will show up en masse as soon as the team starts winning games. Yes it's a gamble... but that's what they're getting paid to do, come up with a plan and execute. Just like it's our job to bitch about everything we don't like... lol

If it doesn't work out... they get fired and someone else replaces them...

We'll all still be here.

Waiting....

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Remember when people wouldn't drop the fact we cut Slauson??

They cut Slauson then signed this guy today. See any connection? I think it's probably okay to mention Matt Slauson today. But yes never again, from now on he will be known only as "the Guard that has no name".

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Ahhh yes. The rebuild which has included jettisoning Brandon Marshall, Martellus Bennett, Matt Forte, Matt Slauson and is well on the way to pushing Alshon Jeffery out the door as well. The last time I checked a rebuild includes replacing the talent you're dumping. Otherwise its anything but a "rebuild."

Come on man...

How many playoff games/NFC Titles/Super Bowls did the Bears win with those players?

The problem is us (as Bear fans) don't really know what a playoff/contender caliber team looks like other than 85 and 06 and we tend to put certain players on pedestals.Those players do not jive with what Fox wants to put together,I have faith in what kind of team he is building here and his track record is proven....it's going to pay off in the long run