Amini Silatolu meeting with the Bears

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
He is good at recovering fumbles, and when you play with Cutler that is a must.

giphy.gif

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The injured guy who didn't fit the blocking scheme? I remember.
Remember when we were in year two of a rebuild?

Ahhh yes. The rebuild which has included jettisoning Brandon Marshall, Martellus Bennett, Matt Forte, Matt Slauson and is well on the way to pushing Alshon Jeffery out the door as well. The last time I checked a rebuild includes replacing the talent you're dumping. Otherwise its anything but a "rebuild."

Washington

Liked Posts:
The injured guy who didn't fit the blocking scheme? I remember.
Remember when we were in year two of a rebuild?

Seems like Amini Silatolu will be a perfect fit with an ACL injury last year with no team taking a chance on him. Last I recall, Slauson was healthy and the best center on our roster before the jettison. Grasu's blocking scheme consisted of him being blocked into Cutty regularly. You are right in that Slauson did not fit that scheme.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
Ahhh yes. The rebuild which has included jettisoning Brandon Marshall, Martellus Bennett, Matt Forte, Matt Slauson and is well on the way to pushing Alshon Jeffery out the door as well. The last time I checked a rebuild includes replacing the talent you're dumping. Otherwise its anything but a "rebuild."
We have replaced it. The fact that you don't have faith in that is irrelevant.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Of all the names you listed, only one of them ever helped us get to the playoffs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We have replaced it. The fact that you don't have faith in that is irrelevant.

Ahhhhh so there is some semblance of intelligence between those ears. At least you can tell the difference between replacing and rebuilding. Because one thing is sure as shit. This is no rebuild of anything but the defense so far. The offense has been replaced. Not rebuilt in any way shape or form.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Ahhhhh so there is some semblance of intelligence between those ears. At least you can tell the difference between replacing and rebuilding. Because one thing is sure as shit. This is no rebuild of anything but the defense so far. The offense has been replaced. Not rebuilt in any way shape or form.

I agree! As good as FoxPace has done on D, he has done equally poor on O. One would like a replacement to be better than the person being replaced. That has not happened on O.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Of all the names you listed, only one of them ever helped us get to the playoffs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

*Sigh*
*Yawn*
*Checks the time*
*Stirs coffee*
*Sips*

Tell me more about how teams making the playoffs are about individual efforts. Tell me more about how football is not a team sport.

*Puts bag of popcorn in microwave*

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
*Sigh*
*Yawn*
*Checks the time*
*Stirs coffee*
*Sips*

Tell me more about how teams making the playoffs are about individual efforts. Tell me more about how football is not a team sport.

*Puts bag of popcorn in microwave*

What's the point of paying and retaining a bunch of high profile names when they aren't getting you to the playoffs? Or hell, even a .500 record? I'm quite certain that question is constantly circulated among all of the NFL front offices.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What's the point of paying and retaining a bunch of high profile names when they aren't getting you to the playoffs? Or hell, even a .500 record? I'm quite certain that question is constantly circulated among all of the NFL front offices.

You still have to put asses into the seats and sell merchandise. Granted in Chicago that isn't a problem as good or bad the fans eat up the tickets anyways. The only thing I know with absolute certainty is that trading off one phase of the team for another is a net change of 0. The defense on paper is pretty good and as is last year they were alright. The offense however has been dismantled and the special teams god knows how they will flesh out. So the same can be said there, whats the fucking point in that?