Amini Silatolu meeting with the Bears

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It means Whitehair is going to play center where he's a better physical fit.

Grasu better be pulling hard left and right all year to the second level. I want to see him striding upfield with Long, White, Moeke, Jeffrey, and Wilson being the nastiest set of second level blockers in the game.

Whitehair has to play center? fuck that.

I guess it could mean that. It could also mean Massie is a bust, and Long is moving to RT. Or it could mean Larson is fat or something simple like that, and they want to increase competition behind Grasu/Whitehair.

Due diligence. Pace never sleeps.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I was Pace...and I was going to start my rookie LG second rounder year 1, you know I might not be sleeping well at night either, even if he looked fine without pads.

The message Cutler left me after I cut Slauson might also be repeating in my ears.

A guy who tore his ACL, and has starting experience, and who could be stashed on the PUP for half the season...you know that guy might be an enticing insurance policy to me.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People are going to keep bringing up Slauson because he was the most confusing of all the cuts

- no off field problems
- high character, team leader type
- solid performer at multiple OL spots
- still under a team friendly contract
- capable of pushing younger guys during camp
- white guy
- great beard

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Remember that one time we had Slausen on a team friendly contract?

And then we cut him and panic ensued because fans on a message board over estimated the value of a guy with EXTREMELY limited athleticism and versatility. The same guy who could be a liability in an outside zone blocking scheme especially with the recent ban on cut blocking.

Oh yeah that guy, good player but not irreplaceable.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
People are going to keep bringing up Slauson because he was the most confusing of all the cuts

- no off field problems
- high character, team leader type
- solid performer at multiple OL spots
- still under a team friendly contract
- capable of pushing younger guys during camp
- white guy
- great beard

Erbody knows Pace cut Slauson cuz of his stuttering problem.... I believe the quote from Pace was "Get this 320lb Special person off my fucking football team"

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
And then we cut him and panic ensued because fans on a message board over estimated the value of a guy with EXTREMELY limited athleticism and versatility. The same guy who could be a liability in an outside zone blocking scheme especially with the recent ban on cut blocking.

Oh I know I know! Webb?

-- tapatalkin'!

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Grasu better be pulling hard left and right all year to the second level. I want to see him striding upfield with Long, White, Moeke, Jeffrey, and Wilson being the nastiest set of second level blockers in the game.

Whitehair has to play center? fuck that.

I guess it could mean that. It could also mean Massie is a bust, and Long is moving to RT. Or it could mean Larson is fat or something simple like that, and they want to increase competition behind Grasu/Whitehair.

Due diligence. Pace never sleeps.

One of the depth signings did retire right? Ramirez I think. Could simply be for that reason.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
I have informed GM Ryan Pace and the staff of the Chicago Bears that any future roster moves MUST first be approved by the few noble posters in this thread to avoid any future vaginal bleeding.If by any reason Ryan does not immediately make a thread for input on these moves,he has instructed me to send out special pussy patches to prevent such catastrophe's.

Your Welcome,

Hans

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I don't think that I overestimated Slausen. As for versatility, what are you talking about? THe guy can play LG,C, and RG. Liability in a zone blocking scheme? Who says? Fox? I say Fox has fucked up the offense big time, getting rid of good to excellent players and getting weak assed replacements in return.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I don't think that I overestimated Slausen. As for versatility, what are you talking about? THe guy can play LG,C, and RG. Liability in a zone blocking scheme? Who says? Fox? I say Fox has fucked up the offense big time, getting rid of good to excellent players and getting weak assed replacements in return.

Can play center? He had to play center because there was no other option and Slauson never played right guard he's been an LG his entire career.

Grasu was asked to pull when he played center, not Slauson. Slauson was an excellent pass blocker and an average run blocker at best. He wasn't irreplaceable. Good player yes but time to develop guys who can contribute in three years when Cutler will be gone. Would rather develop youth and gain experience now so when they plug in a rookie QB he's surrounded by good young experienced players and not running for life behind rookies.

Make Cutler the reason this team wins not Slauson.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can play center? He had to play center because there was no other option and Slauson never played right guard he's been an LG his entire career.

Grasu was asked to pull when he played center, not Slauson. Slauson was an excellent pass blocker and an average run blocker at best. He wasn't irreplaceable. Good player yes but time to develop guys who can contribute in three years when Cutler will be gone. Would rather develop youth and gain experience now so when they plug in a rookie QB he's surrounded by good young experienced players and not running for life behind rookies.

Make Cutler the reason this team wins not Slauson.

Slauson was an all-American at right guard at Nebraska in his senior year. At Nebraska he also played both offensive tackle positions. He also played both center and guard with the Jets. One of his best credentials going into the NFL was his versatility. He also was considered the toughest guy in the Bear's locker room and a mentor to younger players as highlighted by Kyle Long.

Bottom line.....The Bears fucked up by cutting this guy and letting Tunsil get by them in the draft. I have no problem with them drafting Whitehar who I think was their best draft pick over-all. But Slauson should have been their center and the offensive line should have been.

LT -- Tunsil

LG -- Whitehair

C -- Slauson

RG -- Long

RT -- Masse

Instead we got a hodgepodge of inexperienced or downright shitty offensive line actors (see Leno, Grasu). Pace/Fox screwed the pooch in the off season in regards to the offense. They are going to sorely miss Slauson, Forte, and Bennett.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Slauson was an all-American at right guard at Nebraska in his senior year. At Nebraska he also played both offensive tackle positions. He also played both center and guard with the Jets. One of his best credentials going into the NFL was his versatility. He also was considered the toughest guy in the Bear's locker room and a mentor to younger players as highlighted by Kyle Long.

Bottom line.....The Bears fucked up by cutting this guy and letting Tunsil get by them in the draft. I have no problem with them drafting Whitehar who I think was their best draft pick over-all. But Slauson should have been their center and the offensive line should have been.

LT -- Tunsil

LG -- Whitehair

C -- Slauson

RG -- Long

RT -- Masse

Instead we got a hodgepodge of inexperienced or downright shitty offensive line actors (see Leno, Grasu). Pace/Fox screwed the pooch in the off season in regards to the offense. They are going to sorely miss Slauson, Forte, and Bennett.

f5d34b0b776811e76769bfb40ede0413.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Seems like Amini Silatolu will be a perfect fit with an ACL injury last year with no team taking a chance on him. Last I recall, Slauson was healthy and the best center on our roster before the jettison. Grasu's blocking scheme consisted of him being blocked into Cutty regularly. You are right in that Slauson did not fit that scheme.

a perfect fit with an ACL injury last year with no team taking a chance on him.

great...and cut a young promising QB Dalyn Williams

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Slauson getting cut was a solid to Slauson by the Bears.

1. Going to camp, knowing they are trying to replace you and that you will have a tougher time finding work once they do is not cool.

2. Walking into the meeting room after losing your job and sitting their as a backup is not an easy thing to do. Even if Slauson handled it like a true pro it can be contentious and awkward.

It did not help the team, but it helped Slauson. He will start for the Chargers and if he backs up it will not be in a room where he was a starter.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
It means Whitehair is going to play center where he's a better physical fit.

But can he actually play? The Bears like making "good on paper" moves, but they rarely work out. Is it really so hard to see if some of these guys can play before penciling them in and cutting the incumbent?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Slauson getting cut was a solid to Slauson by the Bears.

1. Going to camp, knowing they are trying to replace you and that you will have a tougher time finding work once they do is not cool.

2. Walking into the meeting room after losing your job and sitting their as a backup is not an easy thing to do. Even if Slauson handled it like a true pro it can be contentious and awkward.

It did not help the team, but it helped Slauson. He will start for the Chargers and if he backs up it will not be in a room where he was a starter.
that was my feeling as well.

my only question is did they offer him starting center and he declined first? or did pace think his guy was better because I thought Slauson was best center on this team.