Graphic shows how good Charles Tillman really was...

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Am I the only one who sees that graph as being pretty inaccurate?

Just looking at the Int number for the two furthest ahead (Woodson and Reed)...Woodson shows 65 ints on NFL.com stats page, while this graph show him in the low 50's. Ed Reed shows 64, while this graph has him in the upper 50's.

Am I just missing something here?

Woodson also had 33 forced fumbles... not 24 or whatever they're showing there. Peppers has more FF than Tillman also, which isn't shown here.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Am I the only one who sees that graph as being pretty inaccurate?

Just looking at the Int number for the two furthest ahead (Woodson and Reed)...Woodson shows 65 ints on NFL.com stats page, while this graph show him in the low 50's. Ed Reed shows 64, while this graph has him in the upper 50's.

Am I just missing something here?

I did a little research on this chart. It was from Football perspective and covered the years 2003-2015. See Below.

From 2003 to 2015, there were 49 players who recorded 20+ interceptions. During those same years, 52 players recorded at least 15 forced fumbles. Tillman had 38 interceptions and 44 forced fumbles. To put that remarkable figure in context, take a look at the graph below, which shows all 95 players with either 20+ interceptions or 15+ forced fumbles from ’03 to ’15: [click to continue…]

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
I did a little research on this chart. It was from Football perspective and covered the years 2003-2015. See Below.

From 2003 to 2015, there were 49 players who recorded 20+ interceptions. During those same years, 52 players recorded at least 15 forced fumbles. Tillman had 38 interceptions and 44 forced fumbles. To put that remarkable figure in context, take a look at the graph below, which shows all 95 players with either 20+ interceptions or 15+ forced fumbles from ’03 to ’15: [click to continue…]

Makes more sense...they were basically only counting years that Tillman was in the league. Not really a fair way for comparison for the other players, but at least I see what they were doing.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Graph is kind of weird. Not really sure how the NFL only existed during the timeframe in which Tillman played. Also, INTs are more valuable than FFs because its a turnover play...a FF is only a potential turnover because you still need someone on your team to recover it. Tillman has 44 FFs, but 'only' 12 FRs. Ronde Barber has only 15 FFs but equals Tillman with 12 FRs.

To think that this graph is meaningful or relevant to a HOF discussion, you have to agree that:

1) The NFL only existed during the timeframe in which Tillman played
2) FFs are equal to INTs

Since neither of these things are true, I'm not sure what conclusion should be drawn from this.

Tillman was a very good player. Made a couple pro bowls, forced a lot of fumbles. I'd put Bob Boyd in the HOF ahead of Tillman. Similar player with better production.

d9a825dac94de47e06adec877e35ff4e.jpg

Forced Fumbles mean nothing if the defense doesn't recover them. Hell, a FF could even advance the ball. The graph should show FF's that,resulted in a fumble recovery by the defense.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Forced Fumbles mean nothing if the defense doesn't recover them. Hell, a FF could even advance the ball. The graph should show FF's that,resulted in a fumble recovery by the defense.

Not on 4th down or inside of the 2 minute warning and or in overtime :hitler: