IST: Cubs @ Brewers

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only thing it's telling me is that right at this moment, Montero is better at handling this staff. He knows the hitters and can sucker the idiot plate umpires better...that's a big advantage over the kid.

It absolutely is that and the staff rough patch was with Contreras. He has a lot to work to do. Pitchers were calling the game. Strop the other night wanted to throw a pitch and montero shook him off and called a different pitch which got the strikeout. That's experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Anybody scoreboard watching.....the Cards start a 10 game run tonight against the Dodgers, Mets and Marlins.

Might be a good time to make some hay for the Cubbies.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL welcome back!

chibears55

Liked Posts:
That didn't take long
Welcome back Fowler

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
Hahaha. Fowlers return!

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Listened to Arrieta on ESPN radio today
He said Contreras catches bullpen with him and studies every pitch cause eventually he going to catch him..
Plus he said come Sept October he will be more comfortable catching everyone

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fowler has been gone so long he forgot that Cubs are supposed to strike out with the bases loaded

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
3 RBI's in first 2 at bats back.... Fowler might just be what the cubs have been missing.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Have yourself a game Dexter

Welcome Back

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs are going to have a tough decision. He makes the lineup better. He has really hit his atride

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Cubs are going to have a tough decision. He makes the lineup better. He has really hit his atride

You talking about re-signing him? I think that's more his decision than theirs given it's a mutual option. Presumably he opts out but if he does that I don't think the cubs will be able to match what's out there money wise.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You talking about re-signing him? I think that's more his decision than theirs given it's a mutual option. Presumably he opts out but if he does that I don't think the cubs will be able to match what's out there money wise.

They can match. They can find the money. It's up to what they think his future value is worth plus their thought on Almora future

chibears55

Liked Posts:
One thing I don't like about baseball replay
They allow teams to watch a replay for a minute or so before deciding if they want it reviewed..
Other sports don't do that

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
They can match. They can find the money. It's up to what they think his future value is worth plus their thought on Almora future

Maybe. I'm not as convinced their spending is near what others do. My view on it is if you sign Fowler you lose Arrieta almost for sure.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe. I'm not as convinced their spending is near what others do. My view on it is if you sign Fowler you lose Arrieta almost for sure.

I'm iffy on arrieta. He would have to show he still pitch with a loss in velocity. We will know more by their off season thoughts.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Almora has a real nice glove but Fowler does a decent job out there plus he's a switch hitter and fills the 1 slot better than anyone on the team. You have to think the Cubs are thinking long and hard about coming up with some money for this guy.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I'm iffy on arrieta. He would have to show he still pitch with a loss in velocity. We will know more by their off season thoughts.

You could be right but I sorta feel like if you aren't going to re-sign Arrieta this offseason you need to get a kings ransom in trade while you can. He'd easily be the best chip on the market and given how desperate teams are lately for pitching someone surely would pay. Might be able to get 2 or 3 premium arms for him.

cubsmann

Liked Posts:
Fowler making his presence known. I told you guys that his coming back would be the key to the season. Damn its great he's back!! The pitching staff is throwing well and everything is falling into place. FOWLER FOWLER FOWLER FOWLER.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Fowler making his presence known. I told you guys that his coming back would be the key to the season. Damn its great he's back!! The pitching staff is throwing well and everything is falling into place. FOWLER FOWLER FOWLER FOWLER.
Still think the Cubs are better than the 1927 Yankees?

cubsmann

Liked Posts:

Why? You don't think the Cubs can pay both of them? The Cubs are like second or third in total revenue. They have plenty of money for both Jake and Dexter and I expect them to sign both of them.