Bears Defense: Choose one player from Bears history to add....

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Leslie Frazier. Smart, makes the pass rush better, big enough to cover anyone and the best cover corner we ever had. I chose him because the D now looks on it's way to solid except for the secondary and he'd be a difference maker.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Who'd help this team the most?

I'd go with prime C. Tillman, replacing Porter. Give me 4 Int, 7 FF, 14 PD, 60 Tks.

Runner ups:

Woolford
Tommie Harris at DE, 8 S, 33 T
Richard Dent maybe 12 S today
Dick Butkus would just be so much fun to see.

Hampton was great, but as a 6'5" 264 lbs 3-4 DE? Not the best scheme fit. But I could see him bulking another 20 lbs.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
He was 6'3" 245. Why wouldn't he be able to play LB today?

He'd just have not hit players in the head. Every NFL player has adjusted. Saying he has the inability to follow the rules of football is ridiculous.

Nobody said he could not follow the rules. I don't think he would be fast enough and his coverage would be weak. Sure he could still play in this league but he would not be special and would not make a good choice of only 1 player to add. IMO.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Hampton was great, but as a 6'5" 264 lbs 3-4 DE? Not the best scheme fit. But I could see him bulking another 20 lbs.

Well, clearly Hampton wouldn't be at DE in this system, he'd be an OLB. 264 with length would be right in the sweet spot for a Fangio D.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Well, clearly Hampton wouldn't be at DE in this system, he'd be an OLB. 264 with length would be right in the sweet spot for a Fangio D.
I thought about that... but I don't think he's you're agile OLB, he's a natural interior lineman. I think he had the frame to bulk up 15-20 lbs for a 2016 3-4 DE, but I don't see an outside passrusher.

That bigcat Dent would thrive at 3-4 OLB.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who'd help this team the most?

I'd go with prime C. Tillman, replacing Porter. Give me 4 Int, 7 FF, 14 PD, 60 Tks.

Runner ups:

Woolford
Tommie Harris at DE, 8 S, 33 T
Richard Dent maybe 12 S today
Dick Butkus would just be so much fun to see.

Hampton hands down better than Tommie Harris...he didn't need another 20 lbs he was a freak. He created havoc from DE and DT.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe its bias, but I am inclined towards 54 just cause the way he shut down just about the entire chunk of field 20 yards past the LOS.

But if Floyd busts, I think you have to go edge rusher with Marshall.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Maybe its bias, but I am inclined towards 54 just cause the way he shut down just about the entire chunk of field 20 yards past the LOS.

But if Floyd busts, I think you have to go edge rusher with Marshall.
Would love to see Wilbur at OLB!

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Nobody said he could not follow the rules. I don't think he would be fast enough and his coverage would be weak. Sure he could still play in this league but he would not be special and would not make a good choice of only 1 player to add. IMO.

lol

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you're going that route, it would be better to add Sid Luckman and call him a DB but play him at QB....

Payton over Langford > Luckman over Cutler

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

Butkus has as many interceptions as Urlacher does........Butkus did it in 4 less seasons

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

We are talking about an in his prime Butkus, correct? He could run. He certainly could cover RBs and TEs. I know. I watched Butkus ever since he was at CVS where he also played fullback in the T-formation. He is the best football player that I have ever seen.

All that being said, it is always a silly question about how a guy who played 50 years ago would fit into the present era. I say that if Butkus was born in 1985 he would be the best defensive player in the NFL. The guy was a big man from a big family who was gifted with great athleticism and football intelligence. He really dominated in the NFl like very few players have ever done and I believe that with the better fitness routines and surgical techniques around now, he would dominate in this era as well.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Peanut. We are fine upfront, we need a playmaker like him on the backend. 33 would be my choice if we're just talking about adding one guy to this roster.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Richard Dent.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Assuming Fangio's scheme I might choose to add a guy like Otis Wilson or Wilber Marshall to the Bears LB corp. You add an elite edge rusher/blitzer/athlete to the outside of the defense and I think it makes everything easier on the rest of the team. Dent or Hampton was the other consideration.

Of the two I'd likely take Marshall who I think could do a bit more of everything as a player.

Marshall was who I immediately thought.