3 Bears on CBS 2016 All-NFC North Team

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
There's like 30 players on that list, and out of FOUR teams we have THREE representing?

Gross.

I bet Marshall, Forte, Bennett, and Slaubro woulda made this list...

rextc

Liked Posts:
4 by my count

Sent from my SM-G530R4 using Tapatalk

rextc

Liked Posts:
McPhee

Sent from my SM-G530R4 using Tapatalk

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
There's like 30 players on that list, and out of FOUR teams we have THREE representing?

Gross.

I bet Marshall, Forte, Bennett, and Slaubro woulda made this list...

There's the usual lovin' on the Bay. 4 of 5 OL.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Terrible idea for a article.

That being said and after seeing the list, we have very few playmakers on this team.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Terrible idea for a article.

That being said and after seeing the list, we have very few playmakers on this team.

I think it has more to do with having inexperienced players rather than having no playmakers. Guys like Kevin White, Leonard Floyd, Eddie Goldman, Langford, Adrian Amos all have the potential to be future playmakers who could be in this list next year.

No need to panic when looking at preseason awards like this. We need to simply wait and give these guys that Pace has evaluated a chance to showcase their talent. After last years draft, I have good reason to believe we have some quality contributors in thid years rookie class as well.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
I think it has more to do with having inexperienced players rather than having no playmakers. Guys like Kevin White, Leonard Floyd, Eddie Goldman, Langford, Adrian Amos all have the potential to be future playmakers who could be in this list next year.

No need to panic when looking at preseason awards like this. We need to simply wait and give these guys that Pace has evaluated a chance to showcase their talent. After last years draft, I have good reason to believe we have some quality contributors in thid years rookie class as well.

Yeah. I read from someone else that said 8 expected guys on both sides of the ball have like 4-5 years experience or less. Most of these guys are completely unknown or unproven talent. If fans barely know anything about them I don't expect national media people to respect them. Doesn't mean there aren't any playmakers because I expect some good stuff from a healthy White, Goldman, Floyd in a year or so when becomes the fulltime starter, and whoever wins out the cluster F between Amos, HJQ, Bush, and DHC.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

What has amos done that has given you the idea that he is a "potential playmaker"? He needs to do more before he's even given that label.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Adrian Amos had maybe the most unproductive season in NFL history for a safety who played 16 games in terms of "making plays" (0 INT's, 0 FF, 0 FR's, 2 PD's, 1 sack)......and he's being labeled as a "potential playmaker"?

Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trevathan and Freeman should both be on the list. There are no better ILBs than those 2.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Trevathan and Freeman should both be on the list. There are no better ILBs than those 2.

Clay Matthews might argue that one. But, with Clay moving back to where he belongs (what a stupid move it was to move a great OLB who can rush the passer to ILB), he'll easily take McPh(at)ee's spot on the list. I do think you'll see Trevathan listed next year. I think Goldman will be there next year too. After that, slim pickings from our squad for new additions.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Clay Matthews might argue that one. But, with Clay moving back to where he belongs (what a stupid move it was to move a great OLB who can rush the passer to ILB), he'll easily take McPh(at)ee's spot on the list. I do think you'll see Trevathan listed next year. I think Goldman will be there next year too. After that, slim pickings from our squad for new additions.

Clay was pretty average as an ILB last year actually. As a pure ILB in terms of coverage I'm definitely taking Trevathan and Freeman at middle before Clay.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
What has amos done that has given you the idea that he is a "potential playmaker"? He needs to do more before he's even given that label.

Amos has done all the fundamental things well as a rookie. I said potential, because as he becomes more experienced and the game slows down for him it will only be a matter of time before the interceptiond and forced fumbles come...that is if he continues to improve on last season