IST: Cubs @ White Sox

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
CoZTmHRVMAAIwqv.jpg:large

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The vaunted Cubs offense? Our offense has been awful lately. And then every fourth game we'll score 9 runs to jack up the numbers. Another good example is Kris Bryant -- who in a single game will get 3 hits, 2 HR's and 4 RBI's -- and then do nothing the next three games.

After Zobrist the line up takes a nosedive

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Holy cow..
Was looking to see when Heyward opt out year was (after 2018) and saw he going to be paid 28 mil the next 2 years before it drops to 20/21 per the final 5..
WTF
So, 2 yrs of paying this guy 28 mil, he better have close to mvp type years for that money..
He sucks again like this year, he better wear armor going out to RF.

By the way he definitely not opting out, no one giving him close to 20 per. unless he does compete for or win mvp

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Washington

Liked Posts:
Why is Heyward hitting ahead of Baez? Why is Heyward hitting period? He should be a late inning defensive replacement. Gunna be funny when his BA dips below the Mendoza line. I can't see that not happening but hopefully I am wrong.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
A guy with a 17.00 ERA is no-hitting us. We're an embarrassing team right now. Sending Torres to NY proved to be disastrous.

I don't remember ever feeling this horrible in the middle of a season. It's really turned into a nightmare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZAN

Liked Posts:
A guy with a 17.00 ERA is no-hitting us. We're an embarrassing team right now. Sending Torres to NY proved to be disastrous.

I don't remember ever feeling this horrible in the middle of a season. It's really turned into a nightmare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's been here for 1 appearance...2K's and a ground out...He'd actually only had been here for 15 innings as a Cub with 0 appearances before you wrote the trade off.

People didn't see the beauty of Rondon pitching the 8th in a 2 run ballgame? He honestly looked better than he has in weeks last night. This move is really going to effect the ball club. A lead into the 8th is a death knell to the opposition. A lead into the 7th is pretty damn close.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
He's been here for 1 appearance...2K's and a ground out...He'd actually only had been here for 15 innings as a Cub with 0 appearances before you wrote the trade off.

People didn't see the beauty of Rondon pitching the 8th in a 2 run ballgame? He honestly looked better than he has in weeks last night. This move is really going to effect the ball club. A lead into the 8th is a death knell to the opposition. A lead into the 7th is pretty damn close.
A lead into the sixth just got better. It will keep unnecessary wear and tear off starting pitching down the stretch.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
A lead into the sixth just got better. It will keep unnecessary wear and tear off starting pitching down the stretch.
Yea if Montgomery can figure it out, could be a pretty solid pen with equal mix of RH and LH..

Wood and Nathan 6/7
Montgomery and Strop 7/8
Rondon and Chapman 8/9
For the most part..

Grimm or Cahill when needed

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Which was a weakness last year in the playoffs.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yea if Montgomery can figure it out, could be a pretty solid pen with equal mix of RH and LH..

Wood and Nathan 6/7
Montgomery and Strop 7/8
Rondon and Chapman 8/9
For the most part..

Grimm or Cahill when needed

I'd say if Montgomery pays off, it's suddenly a pretty damn good pen.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Why is Heyward hitting ahead of Baez? Why is Heyward hitting period? He should be a late inning defensive replacement. Gunna be funny when his BA dips below the Mendoza line. I can't see that not happening but hopefully I am wrong.

As bad as he's been, he's definitely seemed to have a lot of bad luck. The guy hits some bullets at opposing players. It's pretty ridiculous.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Just having Wood up in the 7th after all those walks on tuesday instead of Montgomery was a head scratcher.

did anyone else notice Navarro and Rizzo's dirt wars? Rizzo would clear the clumps from the box, as soon as he looked at the pitcher, Navarro would throw some more in the box. It went on the entire first at bat. Pretty funny and almost disappointing that the players rivalry is not anywhere near as close as the fans rivalry. Reminds me of the hawks vs red wings.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
As bad as he's been, he's definitely seemed to have a lot of bad luck. The guy hits some bullets at opposing players. It's pretty ridiculous.

I agree, he's a hot post season from shutting a lot of idiots up. There's a lot of games yet, nothing to be too concerned about yet. Many high paid FA's struggle a bit. He's unfortunately a real good example. But, there's a lot of ball ahead yet!

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

Yeah, but Soler hits the ball harder than anyone on this team and people are shitting all over him and wanting him gone. I see the promise in the outs, but not many more.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Yeah, but Soler hits the ball harder than anyone on this team and people are shitting all over him and wanting him gone. I see the promise in the outs, but not many more.
Maybe cause he has to be replaced in the 7th inning for defense. That he doesnt hit for average and wont have big HR potential and that his is now striking out nearly every AB on his AA rehab assignment. He sucks?

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just having Wood up in the 7th after all those walks on tuesday instead of Montgomery was a head scratcher.

did anyone else notice Navarro and Rizzo's dirt wars? Rizzo would clear the clumps from the box, as soon as he looked at the pitcher, Navarro would throw some more in the box. It went on the entire first at bat. Pretty funny and almost disappointing that the players rivalry is not anywhere near as close as the fans rivalry. Reminds me of the hawks vs red wings.

Did that have anything to do with Rizzo grabbing Melky Cabrera's batting gloves and throwing them on the ground at First Base? He pulled them out of his back pocket and tossed them down. They both laughed afterward, but I didn't see the Rizzo battle at the plate, dirt wise earlier.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did that have anything to do with Rizzo grabbing Melky Cabrera's batting gloves and throwing them on the ground at First Base? He pulled them out of his back pocket and tossed them down. They both laughed afterward, but I didn't see the Rizzo battle at the plate, dirt wise earlier.

I saw that too, those two were just messing with each other it looked like to me.