IST: Cubs @ White Sox

CSF77

Liked Posts:
That the thing...
Maddon wont sit Heyward and his 20 mil salary...
Hed be one expensive bench player.
That would be like when they put Big Z and his salary in the bullpen

Only way Szczur gets regular playing time now is to bench Heyward

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

I would. Let him focus on finding his swing again. Right now it is not working. His D is just an excuse to justify bad performance. Just like Montero. Montero should not be catching right now. If his back is that bad it is not helping anyone. Ross has been crushing lefties in general. You should never have anyone else starting at catcher on those days. Contreras is hitting righties decent enough to let him start there on those days. And F-Arrieta and his up and down results....bunch of bull sh*t. 0 runs means no win......

Like today Contreras starting at catcher. Szczur in CF Let Fowler stick at DH to keep healthy. I get Baez at 2B for D up the middle with Hendricks. But he is sporting a .280 OBA vs RHP. His numbers are being propped up to his godly numbers vs LHP.

I would have ran:
Fowler DH
Szczur CF
Rizzo 1B
Bryant LF
Zobrist RF
Russell SS
Lastella 3B
Contreras C
Baez 2B

That point I can use Heyward for late inning subs with the lead. But all day I would have him watching old video on himself and getting in the cage to redevelop his muscle memory. Right now it is f-ed up.

They need him this year. Not how he is. How he was.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Not really.

If you consider 2 games more important than 100+, maybe. But smart people don't.
Smart people could see I was only talking about these 2 games and the way their playing...

You know, when I said watching these 2 games.................

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I would. Let him focus on finding his swing again. Right now it is not working. His D is just an excuse to justify bad performance. Just like Montero. Montero should not be catching right now. If his back is that bad it is not helping anyone. Ross has been crushing lefties in general. You should never have anyone else starting at catcher on those days. Contreras is hitting righties decent enough to let him start there on those days. And F-Arrieta and his up and down results....bunch of bull sh*t. 0 runs means no win......

Like today Contreras starting at catcher. Szczur in CF Let Fowler stick at DH to keep healthy. I get Baez at 2B for D up the middle with Hendricks. But he is sporting a .280 OBA vs RHP. His numbers are being propped up to his godly numbers vs LHP.

I would have ran:
Fowler DH
Szczur CF
Rizzo 1B
Bryant LF
Zobrist RF
Russell SS
Lastella 3B
Contreras C
Baez 2B

That point I can use Heyward for late inning subs with the lead. But all day I would have him watching old video on himself and getting in the cage to redevelop his muscle memory. Right now it is f-ed up.

They need him this year. Not how he is. How he was.
Everybody would but Maddon won't...

Maybe he will more after they bring in another bat

I'm sure Epstein/Hoyer going to be working the phones hard these next couple days after watching the offense struggles continue..
After the first game Fowler hasn't been that spark they were hoping for..

I think and hope that they can add a guy who can reenergize the lineup again and get them playing close to how they were those first 50 games..

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The cup is gonna stay on the southside :turrible:

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Well, can't make fun of shields anymore...lol

One more day of listening to annoying sox fans tomorrow
I swear if they don't win both games at home

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Ok..... Disregard my first post in this thread... Let me reword it

We will get swept because all the Cubs players will be afraid of an angry Sale appearing out of nowhere wielding sharp objects.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Most overrated team in the history of sports. An ESPN media creation.

cubsmann

Liked Posts:
But this team was 25-5 on Memorial Day and its the same team on the field. Same fucking guys. That's why Im pulling a huge trade that I heard about because Im friends with Theo Epstein personal secretary. That's how I knew we were sending for Chapman. We were going to get the fucking guy and they knew it on Friday. Im not bullshitting you guys.

cubsmann

Liked Posts:
They talked to Chapman on the phone on Friday morning and the gist of that call was whether Chapman was committed to being a good citizen. And they would fuck him if he lied to them.

cubsmann

Liked Posts:
And he told them Im good, he made up some shit and he probably is sorry. We don't know the guy was going to kill her. Guys who abuse women tend to not stop. But he's not fucking OJ Simpson cause shes not giving some 25 year old model ride around in his Ferrari.

But were going to be getting either Ryan Braun or Jay Bruce by the deadline.

cubsmann

Liked Posts:
Mark my fucking words. Its in the works and they both want Soler and were going to send me either place. Cause I don't care what you think Ommlet, but Soler hit 3 HRs and had 10 RBIs in 5 playoff games last year. That shit is huge and everyone knew the guy has the raw tools that can be moulded into a .300 30HR 100RBI guy which physically he's more than capable of.

cubsmann

Liked Posts:
But the Cubs are really good this year. You fucking know it and I don't know why you can't get on board but this is not 1969 which I imagined you lived through and that must have broken your heart. I don't blame you for being bitter. Man I was at the fucking Bartman game where the Cubs were 5 outs from the pennant and then blew two games at home.

cubsmann

Liked Posts:
You don't think I don't wanna bale and say Fuck the Cubs, I have better things to do that waste my team on them losers. But these kids are winners. They've won everywhere they've been. We have up to three starters that have won WS titles in this decade. So they know how to fucking win and when the games really do matter they're going to come alive and destroy all comers in the playoffs.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well, can't make fun of shields anymore...lol

One more day of listening to annoying sox fans tomorrow
I swear if they don't win both games at home

Cubs can't hit RHP as well as LHP. We see big wins for that reason. Baez is freking hitting .370 vs them and you see these 3 for 4 games with a HR in it. Contreras is human vs righties. VS lefties he looks like a all star. It sways the drop off from Rizzo just by those 2. Add to it Montero starts. That is subtraction by addition.

The problem is seen in the splits. Heyward sucks vs both. He is not helping either side. But the chips are weighed heavier vs lefties by far.

So IDK. It is fine that Theo went out and got a closer. But he needs to worry about run generation so his pen can factor.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Cubs can't hit RHP as well as LHP. We see big wins for that reason. Baez is freking hitting .370 vs them and you see these 3 for 4 games with a HR in it. Contreras is human vs righties. VS lefties he looks like a all star. It sways the drop off from Rizzo just by those 2. Add to it Montero starts. That is subtraction by addition.

The problem is seen in the splits. Heyward sucks vs both. He is not helping either side. But the chips are weighed heavier vs lefties by far.

So IDK. It is fine that Theo went out and got a closer. But he needs to worry about run generation so his pen can factor.
Well, let hope he has that bat coming soon
Reddick or Bruce

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I'm a Sox fan but I've enjoyed watching Theo assemble this team. I think the burden of expectation is weighing on the young guys a bit but they'll figure it out. Also, they're still 19 games over. One solid hot streak should ice the division. The playoffs in Baseball are always a crapshoot. They just need the pitching staff healthy and they have as good a chance as anyone. Sox are handing the Cubs a bye tonight with the pitching match up. If you're in the bleachers, stay alert.