Apparently Schwarber is Theo's favorite.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I dont know, I think he liked Anthony Rizzo about as much, chasing him to Boston, then chasing him from the Padres.

I still think Schwarber will do his fair share of catching with Contrares. At least I remember it was Dexter Fowler that collided with him that tore up his knee. It showed that your career can be shortened as a catcher just as much as it can be shortened in the outfield.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I dont know, I think he liked Anthony Rizzo about as much, chasing him to Boston, then chasing him from the Padres.

I still think Schwarber will do his fair share of catching with Contrares. At least I remember it was Dexter Fowler that collided with him that tore up his knee. It showed that your career can be shortened as a catcher just as much as it can be shortened in the outfield.
Schwarber will do no catching next year. You think as his injury they are going to have him squatting all summer? Really man?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Schwarber will do no catching next year. You think as his injury they are going to have him squatting all summer? Really man?

Do pitchers stop throwing after tommy John surgery? you prefer to platoon him and keep him on the bench 2/5 games?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do pitchers stop throwing after tommy John surgery? you prefer to platoon him and keep him on the bench 2/5 games?

....Pitchers don't have any positional flexibility. Schwarber does.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
....Pitchers don't have any positional flexibility. Schwarber does.

Yet again, a doctor spoke on Schwarber and said him catching would have no affect on his acl. He said it will be uncomfortable for the first year because of the rehab he will continue to have to go through, but by year 2 it would be the same as if he never tore his acl.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yet again, a doctor spoke on Schwarber and said him catching would have no affect on his acl. He said it will be uncomfortable for the first year because of the rehab he will continue to have to go through, but by year 2 it would be the same as if he never tore his acl.

:obama: Not the point I was making. The Cubs have options with Scwarber. Pitchers coming back from TJ surgery don't. anotherodiots post was...well..idiotic.

So by year two Schwarber will be the same shitty catcher he was before he tore his ACL. Awesome.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
You dont take a fresh ACL patient and make him a pro catcher especially one that wasnt a good catcher to begin with

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:

His knees and his lateral movements will actually become stronger from the rehab he will go through. This is why pitchers gain some velocity after TJS. My brother does rehab training for many athletes and having stronger knees after rehab (when young) is typical.

He will catch.

Washington

Liked Posts:
After seeing what Adrian Peterson did in his 1st year after ACL surgery (way more expected from an NFL RB than any baseball player) makes me think that just bending/squatting should be no big deal, albeit uncomfortable for part of the season. The issue would be wanting to see him catch because as others like First Time and Ommy has said, he's not so competent as a catcher. Then again, he's not much better in LF either but that will be his home so we'll have to live with it. I would expect him to catch once a week. Some pitcher will have to lose a round of rock/paper/scissors to see who draws that short straw.