IST: Cubs vs. Mariners

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A couple more runs gets Lester out of there after 5 or 6 innings.....gets the back end of the bullpen some work and gives Strop, Rondon and Chapman a day off.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Coghlan and Heyward both came through today. What a miracle!

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I'd like to pile on with some more runs, you know the kind that Ommy hates so much. A laugher might be just what the doctor ordered for this team.

Another side benefit for Cogs being back with the team is they aren't so reliant on the youngsters. I generally don't like throwing the common anecdotes out such as young players lacking consistency but that really does seem to be the case with this team. With Zobrist being in a slump lately and Fowler being on the DL, it really seemed like Bryant and Rizzo were the only ones putting in pro at bats every time. And when some of the younger guys let AB's get away it hurts.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Rizzo! That dude always gets the big hits.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Baseball, more than any other sport, is in many ways an exercise in psychology. The front office gave them a boost by showing they wanted to make the team better, than finishing with 2 strong wins against the Sox and now a laugher against Seattle could be huge. Now the guys can have fun, smile, loosen the old sphincters and start thinking about the stretch run.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I said before usually when GM/owner goes out and makes a big trade at deadline, it ignites a team cause they see management going all in trying to win it all..
They either spent prospects and or money

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
We will have to see if LaStella reports to Iowa. did not sound like he was too happy about this, especially for Coghlan.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Don't they have slaughter rules with rain showers, Gee Gilgamesh, just end it

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
1 2 3 Against Sardinas!!111!!!! We suck OMG11!!!!! Trade everyone

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
12 runs and a rain delay? It really does feel like April again!

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Really wish Montgomery would get on track. Not like they gave up a lot to get him but you wish Montgomery would be a reliable guy for getting lefties.

Nice to see Heyward square up a few balls. Obviously need a larger sample but he's getting a good amount of elevation lately.

Sucks to lose LaStella but considering Fowler's leg injury, the Cubs need a OF more than they need a IF. Plus, with Baez playing so well, they simply cannot find many at bats for LaStella.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Hope you didn't place a call to your bookie today.

I'm good. Didn't figure that Cog would do squat. But I believe I'm his last game in aa he got 3 hits. This year he was taking walks. He was not making contact. The injury may have been a factor

That said. I would be disapointed if they don't deal here

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Back on track with that run differential with +11 today. Almost guarantees we get shutout tomorrow.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well with Cog's leading off makes you think Fowler was rushed back and this promote was to lessen Fowler's playing time.

What I noticed was Baez 3-5 vs a righty. And a quality one. He proves he can start to wreck them also it puts him in as a full time player. Which ends the need to add a bat. With Cog it lasts Fowler get 100%.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Back on track with that run differential with +11 today. Almost guarantees we get shutout tomorrow.

This. Will get no-hit through 8 when Montero gets a bloop single.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Calm down fellas, we still suck. The world is ending. And, egg scramble got laid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk