What about the Quintana deal with the Red Sox?

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
They were gonna give us huge pieces to build on. THe next "Mike Trout" and a potential fiuture ace.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
he will show you when he signs an outdated talent he wish he had 10 years ago!!!! You will eat your words we are close!!

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Sox ACTUALLY had this offer, and TURNED IT DOWN, Then Nobody in upper management should be retained. I do however, question whether that offer was really made.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
If the Sox ACTUALLY had this offer, and TURNED IT DOWN, Then Nobody in upper management should be retained. I do however, question whether that offer was really made.

Honestly the deal is a tad light from the Red Sox for Q. But it should have gotten the discussion started.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

I've yet to find this verified any where else, FYI.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is all on Reinsdorf period. Their outfield at the beginning of the season needed a bat. Everyone knew it and they did nothing. Their catching was weak and they did nothing about it either. Then there is the non-existent DH since the beginning of the season. They also never brought in a legit 4-5 starter, instead trying to once again go with the cheap retreads and never-weres.

In short, Reinny is a piece of shit owner refusing to spend money when it was obvious that it was needed. They got a windfall when the dufus and his kid left the clubhouse but then Reinny just put it in the bank. I absolutely hate this SOB. He is one of the worst owners in all of sports and he hired shit for managers. Ventura is a putz. Watching him manage is like watching paint dry, no energy, no excitement, no leadership. Who in the hell, though, would want to work for Reinny? I wouldn't. No way. You have to be a lap dog and suck up to Reinny and I personally am sick of it. I have said on more than a few occasions that a batting line-up is a very co-dependent thing. They had three major holes that they needed to fill and they failed miserably. Catcher, center field, and DH were far below average. Fuck Reinny.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is all on Reinsdorf period. Their outfield at the beginning of the season needed a bat. Everyone knew it and they did nothing. Their catching was weak and they did nothing about it either. Then there is the non-existent DH since the beginning of the season. They also never brought in a legit 4-5 starter, instead trying to once again go with the cheap retreads and never-weres.

In short, Reinny is a piece of shit owner refusing to spend money when it was obvious that it was needed. They got a windfall when the dufus and his kid left the clubhouse but then Reinny just put it in the bank. I absolutely hate this SOB. He is one of the worst owners in all of sports and he hired shit for managers. Ventura is a putz. Watching him manage is like watching paint dry, no energy, no excitement, no leadership. Who in the hell, though, would want to work for Reinny? I wouldn't. No way. You have to be a lap dog and suck up to Reinny and I personally am sick of it. I have said on more than a few occasions that a batting line-up is a very co-dependent thing. They had three major holes that they needed to fill and they failed miserably. Catcher, center field, and DH were far below average. Fuck Reinny.

But, yall have Chris Sale doe. He is GOAT of the GOAT's.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
The White Sox should have sold a few pieces IMO. Really rebuild the organization top to bottom. I think they should fire Ventura now, see how the rest of the season shakes out and potentially go into the offseason as major sellers. You get a lot more teams involved and theoretically should get more value than waiting for next July

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Who is this brett? I know it's not me.

You did claim him to be as good as Theo. Don't worry Brett, I'm not totally disagreeing about Hahn, I don't think he has the keys to the car. Every move the Sox makes reeks of Kenny Williams.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

You can't just spend that much money to fill the holes they have. They need to rebuild the farm system.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You can't just spend that much money to fill the holes they have. They need to rebuild the farm system.

I disagree in that they didn't have to spend much after the survivalist and son left. Plus, they have all of that Reinny money in his vault which I guess he is gonna take with him when he croaks. They had a great chance to be in contention but failed to plug areas with even average players let alone the scrubs that they ended up trying to disguise as major league players. Fuck Reinny.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
You did claim him to be as good as Theo. Don't worry Brett, I'm not totally disagreeing about Hahn, I don't think he has the keys to the car. Every move the Sox makes reeks of Kenny Williams.

I continually claim that Hahn is as good as Theo? Me? U sure? I honestly don't recall saying that.

I agree that there is still some Kenny in this.