The sudden rise of Carl Edwards Jr. for the Chicago Cubs

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The thing is, though, that he had a breakout year, but they still traded and or activated 4 new relievers.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Think his future will be as a end of rotation starter. He does have the stuff for it.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Nope.

Closer
Whoever thought Travis Wood would become a reliever after being an All Star starter. It all depends on if the Cubs could resign Chapman. Plus they do have Rondon there as well. You never know.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Whoever thought Travis Wood would become a reliever after being an All Star starter. It all depends on if the Cubs could resign Chapman. Plus they do have Rondon there as well. You never know.

I doubt Theo tosses big time cash to a BP guy. Closer or not. Edwards is looking the closer part. Rondon becomes his set up.

Wood lost his starter role due to being ineffective. He has done well in spot starts sense then. I believe it is due to him being a cutter pitcher primarily. That pitch is known for pitchers losing a MPH or 2 after years of use. Not to mention they become co-dependent on that pitch.

It is a strong pitch used with a 2 seem. Different ball movement with the same ball speed.

Hendricks is now using it but it is part of his mix. All of his pitches are released at the same point. But he uses a 2 seem, cutter, change and curveball out of that same release point. That is why he is a top starter this year. It is not about 1 pitch. It is about the pitcher.

Edwards is getting it but with his body type and Raw stuff he could end up a elite closer.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I doubt Theo tosses big time cash to a BP guy. Closer or not. Edwards is looking the closer part. Rondon becomes his set up.

Wood lost his starter role due to being ineffective. He has done well in spot starts sense then. I believe it is due to him being a cutter pitcher primarily. That pitch is known for pitchers losing a MPH or 2 after years of use. Not to mention they become co-dependent on that pitch.

It is a strong pitch used with a 2 seem. Different ball movement with the same ball speed.

Hendricks is now using it but it is part of his mix. All of his pitches are released at the same point. But he uses a 2 seem, cutter, change and curveball out of that same release point. That is why he is a top starter this year. It is not about 1 pitch. It is about the pitcher.

Edwards is getting it but with his body type and Raw stuff he could end up a elite closer.
I think they stay with Chapman and make him a decent 4 yr offer.. Why not?

Their in pretty good shape salary wise 2018 and beyond
Mostly because they have control over most of the key players

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
He throws 97mph. So I'm not surprised.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think they stay with Chapman and make him a decent 4 yr offer.. Why not?

Their in pretty good shape salary wise 2018 and beyond
Mostly because they have control over most of the key players

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

He has turned down 60 million.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Think his future will be as a end of rotation starter. He does have the stuff for it.

If he goes back to starting, he is either a TOR type or going to fail. His stuff wont allow him to be a back of the end starter. Closer is most likely because of his frame.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
I think there is a decent chance he transitions back to starter. If he was 5'10" and 155 lbs I would say he is stuck as closer, but he is 6'3"and he plays professional ball where filling out can be obtained with the proper diet and training.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
He's been great this season! I got to meet him at a Cubs summer camp (the organization I work with partners with the Cubs) and he was a very respectful guy. Kinda soft spoken, but he was great with the kids and let everyone take pictures with him afterwards.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
He has turned down 60 million.

Well I also remember a guy named Jon Lester who claimed he was going back to the red sox after they dealt him to Oakland. Cubs will be in the mix to resign him in the off season. Cant blame the guy for wanting to keep his options open, plus, I think if the cubs worked out the extension there would have been at least one more big time prospect going to NY.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well I also remember a guy named Jon Lester who claimed he was going back to the red sox after they dealt him to Oakland. Cubs will be in the mix to resign him in the off season. Cant blame the guy for wanting to keep his options open, plus, I think if the cubs worked out the extension there would have been at least one more big time prospect going to NY.

No, not big time. The Yankees traded him because he wouldn't agree to an extension so they were getting what they could for hom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Glad to see him playing well. I hope they stretch him out in the off season. I thought he would be their future #1 and Hendricks #2 before they signed Lester and before Arrieta broke out.