IST: Cubs @ A's

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I see it as a guy who got the job done, got pissed at being sent down and he is also very tired of the rat race of professional baseball. My guess is he likes Chicago and the team and isn't interested in being a trade piece, etc. There has to be some type of negotiation going on we don't know about.

Sometimes people (fans) forget that this is what these guys do for a living. It's their job...and sometimes, no matter how well you do in any line of work, you get screwed over. And just like in any other job you look at your options and decide how you want to handle the situation. I find what he's doing to be refreshing and while up until now, he's not been a favorite of mine...that has now changed and I'm hoping this works out for him and they bring him back. If nothing else, it's probably setting precedent.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Winner: Clown post of the day award.
Why cause I don't think he all that as an every day starter..

Maybe you're a clown for thinking he a starter for "many" teams..

He a good utility player, it not a bad thing

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I would bet a dime to a dollar that if Joe Maddon wanted a person up in a hitting situation of any bench guy, or starter for that matter, that La Stella would be near the top for the Cubs.

He is a great contact hitter. He is something the Cubs could use down the stretch.

He has done nothing (numbers-wise) to warrant a demotion. A .295 AVG and .388 OBP is good enough to stay on any GOOD TEAM.

I don't disagree...
He a good Utility player

no he didn't deserve a demotion but you know what, suck it up for 3 weeks til September 1st and you'll be back.
Don't go home and cry about it

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Why cause I don't think he all that as an every day starter..

Maybe you're a clown for thinking he a starter for "many" teams..

He a good utility player, it not a bad thing

Because you don't know much about the personnel around the MLB. The only reason he isn't a starter on the Cubs is because they are absolutely stacked with talent. The majority of even good MLB teams can't say that.

edit: Current 2016 stats line- .295 .388 .457 .846

That would place him in the top 10 of 2B in all of MLB and right behind Cano, Kinsler and Carpenter. ;)

Last edited:

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Because you don't know much about the personnel around the MLB. The only reason he isn't a starter on the Cubs is because they are absolutely stacked with talent. The majority of even good MLB teams can't say that.

The cubs IF talent got nothing to do with whether or not La Stella a quality everyday starter..

If my memory correct.. when they sent Alcantara down, I believe they went with Cogs at 2B over LaStella before they went with Russell and then Castro. .

im sure there were a bunch of teams calling Epstein for La Stella availability so he can start for them.
Probably not..

the Braves gave him up so they can start Jace Peterson...

He a good Utility player. ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:

edit: Current 2016 stats line- .295.388.457.846

That would place him in the top 10 of 2B in all of MLB and right behind Cano, Kinsler and Carpenter. ;)

All that Stat shows is he having a good year as a utility player
It doesn't make him a good quality everyday starter..

You can't compare his 100 Abs as a utility guy where Maddon plays match up with him to regulars with over 300 Abs that go through the grind everyday..

We can just agree to disagree on LaStella here...

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The cubs IF talent got nothing to do with whether or not La Stella a quality everyday starter..
LOL

If my memory correct.. when they sent Alcantara down, I believe they went with Cogs at 2B over LaStella before they went with Russell and then Castro. .
Duh. They went with Russell, because they wanted him in the lineup and then moved him to SS when Castro failed. They put Castro at 2B to gain value for a trade. That isn't an indictment of LaStella.

im sure there were a bunch of teams calling Epstein for La Stella availability so he can start for them.
Probably not..
Solid strawman. LaStella is concerned with getting traded now.

the Braves gave him up so they can start Jace Peterson...
The Braves gave him up because they wanted Vizcaino back.

He a good Utility player. ..
For the Cubs? Yes.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
LOL

Duh. They went with Russell, because they wanted him in the lineup and then moved him to SS when Castro failed. They put Castro at 2B to gain value for a trade. That isn't an indictment of LaStella.

Solid strawman. LaStella is concerned with getting traded now.

The Braves gave him up because they wanted Vizcaino back.

For the Cubs? Yes.

Like I said we can disagree...

You can believe LaStella would be a good everyday player..
We most likely will never know this..

I believe he wouldn't, and is just a good utility player..
Which he has shown to be..