Liked Posts:
Apparently the Hawks are going hard after Vesey and using Toews to recruit:

You can read more at this link

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dear Hockey Gods,

Please give Mr. Jonathon Toews a silver tongue and snakes breathe today. Whatever needs to be said, let it be said. Twist Vesey's heart like Magua and guide his hand to the dotted line.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vesey over-rated/over-hyped.

Thought I'd rain on the parade. Basically he's older, may have already reached his peak development/production wise and probably would not break top 6 on the Blackhawks.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
"We didn't want him anyway".

- Magua, 8/15/16

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

Thought I'd rain on the parade. Basically he's older, may have already reached his peak development/production wise and probably would not break top 6 on the Blackhawks.
The thing is, ceiling isn't really a factor for him, it is indeed for younger recruits but they don't need him to have a high ceiling, just need his skills and productivity to translate to the NHL and he'll be a solid get. He talks about how he won the hobey but only because he was older, so what? As he mentioned he was still a finalist for it the previous two years as well, which means for the last three years he's been one of the best players eligible to win it. That to me says he's at least doing something right, and has been consistently doing it. So they don't need him to have a high ceiling, just reach his potential.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
well everyone said things would open up on the 15th, problem is the media guys were promoting it wrongly as it's not until after the 15th is Vesey a FA.

though today Vermette signed to Anaheim and Vrbata went back to Arizona again. So the 1.5 mil range guys are all dwindling away and all thats left out there is Hudler.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's 10 am EST. Is he a Blackhawk yet?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dear Hockey Gods,

Please give Mr. Jonathon Toews a silver tongue and snakes breathe today. Whatever needs to be said, let it be said. Twist Vesey's heart like Magua and guide his hand to the dotted line.

Vesey was a general in the British army?:)

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Rumor has it Vessey wants Bigfoots old number. Yes a new Bigfoot or Vigfoot

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm afraid the strain is more than I can bear... or is it bare....

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

How could he not at least get a starting chance? The 'hawks top-6 is Kane, Panarin, Toews, and Anisimov with Hossa maybe being borderline. Who do the 'hawks have right now that have at least a 50% chance of edging him out of the top-6? Motte? Hartman? McNeill?

That's less on Vesey and more on the winger depth the 'hawks have right now.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How could he not at least get a starting chance? The 'hawks top-6 is Kane, Panarin, Toews, and Anisimov with Hossa maybe being borderline. Who do the 'hawks have right now that have at least a 50% chance of edging him out of the top-6? Motte? Hartman? McNeill?

That's less on Vesey and more on the winger depth the 'hawks have right now.

McNeill is a no go.

But we can promise him Toews-Hossa line to start the season, we could even promise him 1LW until the all-star break with very little fear of that being a huge problem.

Firstly, that is a great line to learn on, as its asked to defend the opponents best attack and Toews/Hossa demand accountability and play perfect hockey in terms of spacing and responsiblity.

That promise wouldn't effect us at all, at the very worst it would keep a Nick Schmaltz who may be just slightly incrementlelly better at that spot than Vesey.

We have Panik, Schmaltz, and maybe Hartman that can compete with Vesey and Hossa to break into that top 6. Remember that Vesey did amazing things in college without the talent around him that Schmaltz had, its unlikely schmaltz is so much better it effects us.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes the Blackhawks have a history of guaranteeing roster spots to unproven yewt with potential err....

He'd have to earn it, which is why Hayes sought greener pastures and we've had more than a few overhyped prospects that never seemed to quite get there get traded away.

Last edited:

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Yes the Blackhawks have a history of guaranteeing roster spots to unproven yewt with potential err....

He'd have to earn it, which is why Hayes sought greener pastures and we've had more than a few overhyped prospects that never seemed to quite get there get traded away.

The Blackhawks have promised Vesey a roster spot and the opportunity (and basically certainty) in the top 6.

Hayes left because he saw Hossa/Kane ahead of him at RW (even though he ended up moving around a lot with NYR). Hayes was promised a roster spot by the Blackhawks as well but he saw that he would have a hard time getting the ice time he wanted so he could capitalize on the second contract.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've heard Motte plays a style similar to Saad and will make the team out of camp.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Vecey will sign here and we'll have yet another parade in Grant Park next summer.