Vesey Lottery

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Vesey signs with us we will have the Captain of Harvard and the Captain of Yale on the same team in 2017.

Lets hope Harvard exits the playoffs early and we get some run at the end of this season.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Now you're gonna make people fear for #HaydenWatch. I remember when there was the Paliota fear spread aboot of him not signing. And now he didn't even get re-signed by Columbus.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the blackhawks have promised vesey a roster spot and the opportunity (and basically certainty) in the top 6.

Hayes left because he saw hossa/kane ahead of him at rw (even though he ended up moving around a lot with nyr). Hayes was promised a roster spot by the blackhawks as well but he saw that he would have a hard time getting the ice time he wanted so he could capitalize on the second contract.

e4.....

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
From Puckdaddy, yahoo sports;

"1. Jimmy Vesey

Yeah by the way, just on the subject of everyone’s favorite headline-grabber du jour, I’d much rather have Hudler or Tlusty than this guy, in theory.

Yeah he’s cost-controlled to some extent, and obviously you also control his free agency rights for his second contract two years from now. But a max contract for him carries a cap hit of $3.775 million if he hits all his bonuses. That’s a huge amount of money for a guy who you literally have no idea what he looks like at the NHL level. Does he hit all those bonuses? I’m not sure, obviously.

If you can only get Vesey locked in at the cost of, say, almost three Hudlers or Tlustys, I dunno if that’s really worth it. It’s nice to get assets that cost you literally nothing but money, and it’s great for Vesey that he’s the subject of such a bidding war between half a dozen or more teams.

But again, it certainly isn’t a bad thing to get Vesey. There just might be more effective and cheaper short-term options out there."

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
From Puckdaddy, yahoo sports;

"1. Jimmy Vesey

Yeah by the way, just on the subject of everyone’s favorite headline-grabber du jour, I’d much rather have Hudler or Tlusty than this guy, in theory.

Yeah he’s cost-controlled to some extent, and obviously you also control his free agency rights for his second contract two years from now. But a max contract for him carries a cap hit of $3.775 million if he hits all his bonuses. That’s a huge amount of money for a guy who you literally have no idea what he looks like at the NHL level. Does he hit all those bonuses? I’m not sure, obviously.

If you can only get Vesey locked in at the cost of, say, almost three Hudlers or Tlustys, I dunno if that’s really worth it. It’s nice to get assets that cost you literally nothing but money, and it’s great for Vesey that he’s the subject of such a bidding war between half a dozen or more teams.

But again, it certainly isn’t a bad thing to get Vesey. There just might be more effective and cheaper short-term options out there."
NO NO NO NO... I like Puck Daddy, but no. You have no idea what he looks like. And that's fine, if he's crap, then he doesn't hit the bonuses and you're not paying him 3.775. He's trying to say he's going to be good enough to make that much, then say that he's too much of a risk at the cost of 3 hudlers... no, i'm not sure what all the bonuses are so maybe I'm wrong but if he's hitting them all then it's very likely he's actually playing worth that of 3 hudlers. You can't just say that he's going to play so well that he hits all his bonuses and make 3.775, then go on to say that he's at that price he's an unknown and not worth the risk. But at that price he's not a risk. At that price he's playing very well and a very good deal. If he plays bad and only get's the less than 1 mil base, hudler still worth 3 of him? or does he become 1.5 hudlers?

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For the record the author of that was Ryan Lambert, who writes for Puck Daddy.

I wouldn't mind if they sign him, just think he is being over hyped, and if I'm wrong I will gladly eat crow.

Last edited:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I think that if the Hawks sign Vesey and he hits all those bonuses to make $3.775 ... that's probably going to put the Hawks damn close to Cup #4 this decade.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
For the record the author of that was Ryan Lambert, who writes for Puck Daddy.

I wouldn't mind if they sign him, just think he is being over hyped, and if I'm wrong I will gladly eat crow.
Agreed, I think he can be good, and maybe even have a great year, but I don't think he'll hit that full payout.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I think that if the Hawks sign Vesey and he hits all those bonuses to make $3.775 ... that's probably going to put the Hawks damn close to Cup #4 this decade.
Yeah, that was generally the point I was trying to make. If they sign him and he's making that much, no one is going to be complaining by the end of the year.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Looks like it is between Hawks and Leafs

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Depends on which pundit you read.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Grosso just tweeted:
#BREAKING - Leafs and Blackhawks are the frontrunners for Jimmy Vesey. NYR/NJD just slightly behind, hearing BOS is low on his list.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's all over the place. Guess we will find out friday

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like it is between Hawks and Leafs

So his dad works for the Leafs and that would be his draw to them. This kid should be smart enough(Harvard) to realize the opportunity he would be walking away from. Play a couple years with the Hawks win a cup, then go be with dad and toil with the Laffs for the rest of your career. Or just go toil with the Leafs forever.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So his dad works for the Leafs and that would be his draw to them. This kid should be smart enough(Harvard) to realize the opportunity he would be walking away from. Play a couple years with the Hawks win a cup, then go be with dad and toil with the Laffs for the rest of your career. Or just go toil with the Leafs forever.

His brother was drafted by the Leafs as well

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Grosso just tweeted:
#BREAKING - Leafs and Blackhawks are the frontrunners for Jimmy Vesey. NYR/NJD just slightly behind, hearing BOS is low on his list.

He's obviously going to choose the HAWKS. Who cares if his dad is a water boy with the Leafs org. He wants big money and cups -- and the best way to do that is by joining the The Dynasty. He'll win a Cup and go get PAID.

Better schedule your off-day for the parade next June.