Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
8 days

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I want to get excited about this but given the Hawks most recent experience with a Hobey Baker winner, I have my doubts.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
If he really wants to "test free agency" and not merely go straight home to Boston then he probably won't even sign on the 15th, I'd be surprised if any other team but Boston signs him right away that day.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
If he really wants to "test free agency" and not merely go straight home to Boston then he probably won't even sign on the 15th, I'd be surprised if any other team but Boston signs him right away that day.

Supposedly his Dad, even more so than his agent, is controlling this process for the big part. The dad and agent will be sitting in on the formal "team meetings". Have to remember here, Dad is currently employed with Toronto. Personally, I've heard that Buf isn't going to be in it really and Vesey was pretty pissed that he was traded to them and will once again look like the bad guy, just like he did with Nsh. Toronto and Chicago are supposed to be in the real thick of it with Bos/Pit trying to keep up.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

But it doesn't really matter. He can't sign anymore more than the rookie entry level or something like that. so no team can offer him more than another contract wise, it's just a matter of what he wants to go and where he fits best.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But it doesn't really matter. He can't sign anymore more than the rookie entry level or something like that. so no team can offer him more than another contract wise, it's just a matter of what he wants to go and where he fits best.

Are there limits on incentive clauses for rookie contracts? They could get pretty creative with that.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Gotta sweet talk him with dreams of playing with Kane and Toews and winning a Cup...

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I still think he ends up here. Have the ability to put up numbers than cash in on that 2nd contract

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For those asking some questions, his potential salary is capped at about 950,000, meaning he is looking for best fit among all suitors and the only reason Hawks are interested and interesting.

With dad in Toronto, dad wants what's best for dad of course (Toronto), but also for his son. Which could mean lottery line. Marriage to Toews. Year or two groomed by Hossa.

Pittsburg, Buffalo, and Boston can offer some intriguing pairings, but we have an actual warm seat next to about 15 all star appearances.

He makes a huge difference for us, but he may want to make his own name which is where Buffalo or Toronto could be attractive, or looking for a team capable of giving him the second contract.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
For those asking some questions, his potential salary is capped at about 950,000, meaning he is looking for best fit among all suitors and the only reason Hawks are interested and interesting.

With dad in Toronto, dad wants what's best for dad of course (Toronto), but also for his son. Which could mean lottery line. Marriage to Toews. Year or two groomed by Hossa.

Pittsburg, Buffalo, and Boston can offer some intriguing pairings, but we have an actual warm seat next to about 15 all star appearances.

He makes a huge difference for us, but he may want to make his own name which is where Buffalo or Toronto could be attractive, or looking for a team capable of giving him the second contract.

Who the fuck wants to live in Buffalo or Pittsburg..... I gotta think Chicago is an attractive place to live/play in comparison

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Sign an ELE with Chicago drive your price up with great play and a chance at Cups. Then sign with Toronto when they are ready. Win win for us

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Who the fuck wants to live in Buffalo or Pittsburg..... I gotta think Chicago is an attractive place to live/play in comparison

If Toronto actually gets its shit together (and I think they are), that place might be destination No. 1 for NHL free agents real soon. That place goes as nuts for the Leafs as Chicago does for the Bears, when the teams aren't fighting for a draft lottery spot.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think the Leafs are 2-3 years away

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
If Toronto actually gets its shit together (and I think they are), that place might be destination No. 1 for NHL free agents real soon. That place goes as nuts for the Leafs as Chicago does for the Bears, when the teams aren't fighting for a draft lottery spot.

tumblr_ngz29iRxg11t0uurro1_500.gif

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I still think he ends up here. Have the ability to put up numbers than cash in on that 2nd contract

I kinda hope he sees breadman as the example of the path he can take. Come here. put up huge numbers with great players, bide time on first contract, then boom. Take over for Kane and Toews and whoever.