Rio Olympics 2016 thread

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I didn't see a thread for the Olympics anywhere else so excuse me if one has been started. Do you guys watch the Olympics? The two road races for cycling have been crazy. Last second finishes and lots of crashes. Some great swimming already. And then there was that nasty broken bone in gymnastics yesterday...

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Phelps crushed the relay. Dude is still unreal for his age in swimming

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't see a thread for the Olympics anywhere else so excuse me if one has been started. Do you guys watch the Olympics? The two road races for cycling have been crazy. Last second finishes and lots of crashes. Some great swimming already. And then there was that nasty broken bone in gymnastics yesterday...

I did catch some of the cycling. Those dudes are nuts on the downhill with those turns. I mean all thats stopping them from tumbling down hills is that weak ass barrier. I guess its effective, but shit I saw a dudes back half on it, half off it.

Houston

Liked Posts:
Australia's women's team is fun to watch. Probably going to play New Zealand for Gold tomorrow.

Also I've enjoyed that Brazil's men's soccer has gone scoreless against South Africa and Iraq.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mostly been watching the swimming. There was this Hungarian chic...holy cow she destroyed the rest of the field and smashed the WR.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;DuQlpUgKXcA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuQlpUgKXcA[/video]

Here's the worst crash from the bike races. She ended up with a concussion and a couple of cracked bones but is OK otherwise. Saw another video some spectator filmed where she just basically lied there unconscious for minutes on the side of the road before medical attention came. Bikes just whizzing by the whole time. This was 12 months after she got hit by a car in another race and had a collapsed lung. This lady is tough!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That Dutch lady was cruising along in 1st when she crashed.... I saw it live.... looked brutal... she went limp like when you see a fighter get cold KO'd

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That Dutch lady was cruising along in 1st when she crashed.... I saw it live.... looked brutal... she went limp like when you see a fighter get cold KO'd

Yeah, I saw it live too. Was brutal. I thought she was dead and was checking Twitter to see if she was all right since NBC didn't say anything. The finish was crazy too.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
We be winning da Olympics so far. Leading in overall medal count (12), most bronze (4), most silver (5), and tied for most gold (3). Yay!

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We be winning da Olympics so far. Leading in overall medal count (12), most bronze (4), most silver (5), and tied for most gold (3). Yay!

The-Murica-Figure-united-states-of-america-35286133-500-437.jpg

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube_share;Ard2PnYR-G8]http://youtu.be/Ard2PnYR-G8[/video]

Houston

Liked Posts:
Apparently fencing can get relatively exciting if it's a close match, especially when one of the player stages a comeback. The women's gold medal match was pretty entertaining. It's one of the sports/activities I wouldn't bother watching men play.

Liked Posts:
Apparently fencing can get relatively exciting if it's a close match, especially when one of the player stages a comeback. The women's gold medal match was pretty entertaining. It's one of the sports/activities I wouldn't bother watching men play.
Does it get this exciting?

jon_snow_chop.0.gif

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not as much appeal to the Olympics for me now that USSR is gone. It used to be fun watching that drama play out in Olympic competition but now it's just a random collection of events with no real heroes and villains to root for.

I suppose China is the current big bad but there just isn't the tension there that there was with the USSR. Part of that is probably because I think China and the US seem to compete in different sports.

Liked Posts:
Not as much appeal to the Olympics for me now that USSR is gone. It used to be fun watching that drama play out in Olympic competition but now it's just a random collection of events with no real heroes and villains to root for.

I suppose China is the current big bad but there just isn't the tension there that there was with the USSR. Part of that is probably because I think China and the US seem to compete in different sports.

You're right, there are no true rivalries between countries...the stakes don't seem as high now.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

You haven't been paying attention.... huge drama in tonight's swim between the US and Russia in women's breast stroke.