2016 Post Your FF Team!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My first draft is this Saturday. I know its early, but we like to draft in person and if we wait till late in the pre season. We run into difficulties with weather. Its hurricane season and it seems to like to mess up drafts. This is my first league I was ever in at 16. 14 years in this league. It will always be my important league because its bigger money and its bragging rights against a group of guys that have been doing this forever. So, this is the official post your team thread.

I will update after Saturday. I got the 4th pick in a 12 team snake draft. 15 rounds and we play a flex. Big Td's and long FG's are awarded extra points. I am targeting a top receiver with the 4th pick. Its just safer this year. In fantasy, you must adjust or you will perish.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm assuming that Antonio. Odell and Gurley will be gone. Are you going Julio?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm assuming that Antonio. Odell and Gurley will be gone. Are you going Julio?

I would think the way the draft goes in this league. 2 of Julio, Odell, or Antonio will be there and I will take any of them.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's a good thing we have this thread before the first preseason game

Mitchapalooza

damn, #4 pick is a good one.

Brown, OBJ, Julio or Hopkins will be there. I'd take any of them at 4.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
First draft went great, thc pills and beers and food oh my. Here is my team. I have never drafted like this but remember my league does big plays

1. Julio Jones
2. Allen Robinson
3. Amari Cooper
4. Jordan Reed
5. Matt Jones
6. Big Ben
7. Jay Ajayji
8. Carson Palmer
9. Chris Ivor
10. Tevin Coleman
11. Jimmy Graham
12. Jerick McKinnon
13. Chris Johnson
14. Chris Boswell
15. Oakland Raiders
16. Nelson Agholoro.

The Ajayji pick didnt work out like I wanted. Guy blocked me by drafting Arian Foster a few picks later. I wanted to get both. I got Coleman on him though when he has Freeman so trade bait. I drafted Palmer simply to not let anyone else get him. He was by far the best player on the board and I could use for a trade or at the end keep him around. I did the same thing last year with Tom Brady and Cam Newton.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
First draft went great, thc pills and beers and food oh my. Here is my team. I have never drafted like this but remember my league does big plays

1. Julio Jones
2. Allen Robinson
3. Amari Cooper
4. Jordan Reed
5. Matt Jones
6. Big Ben
7. Jay Ajayji
8. Carson Palmer
9. Chris Ivor
10. Tevin Coleman
11. Jimmy Graham
12. Jerick McKinnon
13. Chris Johnson
14. Chris Boswell
15. Oakland Raiders
16. Nelson Agholoro.

The Ajayji pick didnt work out like I wanted. Guy blocked me by drafting Arian Foster a few picks later. I wanted to get both. I got Coleman on him though when he has Freeman so trade bait. I drafted Palmer simply to not let anyone else get him. He was by far the best player on the board and I could use for a trade or at the end keep him around. I did the same thing last year with Tom Brady and Cam Newton.

I like it. Cooper and Robinson are going to have good seasons I think. I would try trading one of those QBs and picking up another back for sure though.

Mitchapalooza

1. Julio Jones
2. Allen Robinson
3. Amari Cooper
4. Jordan Reed
5. Matt Jones
6. Big Ben
7. Jay Ajayji
8. Carson Palmer
9. Chris Ivor
10. Tevin Coleman
11. Jimmy Graham
12. Jerick McKinnon
13. Chris Johnson
14. Chris Boswell
15. Oakland Raiders
16. Nelson Agholoro.

Nice! Same strategy I'm gonna use: 3 nice WRs back to back to back and a TE if hes there. Only downside is it limits your RBs. Big Ben is a guy I always grab later as well. Shit this looks very similar to the mock drafts I do in preparation. Good draft!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mitchapalooza

Question for you guys. If I'm sitting at 8 or 9 and Gurley Dez and Green are there who would you take?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Question for you guys. If I'm sitting at 8 or 9 and Gurley Dez and Green are there who would you take?

Yea, Gurley. I could have took Gurley but Im really big on Juilo and I have no effing idea what the Rams will do.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
10 Team Mock - Standard League. I quit after round 9. Thoughts? The Rodgers/Cobb combo was to hard to pass up. I also don't know why I drafted A.Robinson and then drafted Hurns. I wasn't paying attention.

1. DeAndre Hopkins (Hou - WR)
2. Allen Robinson (Jax - WR)
3. Doug Martin (TB - RB)
4. Aaron Rodgers (GB - QB)
5. Randall Cobb (GB - WR)
6. Matt Jones (Was - RB)
7. Allen Hurns (Jax - WR)
8. Melvin Gordon (SD - RB)
9. Julius Thomas (Jax - TE)

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow, some of your drafts are early. Mine are all mid September.

Mitchapalooza

My draft is September 2nd. Finding out our order in a little over a week.