IST: Cubs vs. Angels

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Whatever funk Zobrist was in recently I think he's officially out. He's hitting .353/.441/.490 since July 23 and .261/.370/.362 post all-star break.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cards are 12 back. I told you the game against the Reds meant nothing. They are terrible at pitching and defense. Also, Wacha rest of the year is in doubt.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Cards are 12 back. I told you the game against the Reds meant nothing. They are terrible at pitching and defense. Also, Wacha rest of the year is in doubt.

Alex Reyes was everything as advertised for the Cardinals. His stuff is nasty with over 100 MPH on the fastball, and a 12 to 6 knee buckling curve as an out pitch. :yep:

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
ESPN Stats & Info
@ESPNStatsInfo

Last time Cubs were up by 12 games in August -- 1929.

They made World Series, lost to Athletics
Via @EliasSports 19m

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
ESPN Stats & Info
@ESPNStatsInfo

Last time Cubs were up by 12 games in August -- 1929.

They made World Series, lost to Athletics
Via @EliasSports 19m

I can't think of a better year to get the monkey off of our backs. It would be great in a year or two that the ESPNstats info said "the last time the Cubs were up 12 games in August, they won the WS". :)

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Wacha out is good for them. Reyes or Weaver in will be an improvement.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
CphUnxVUAAAn9-x.jpg

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
I would have cut La Stella yesterday. He should be absolutely ashamed of himself. We're in the middle of a potential historic season and he has a chance to be a part of something that hasn't been done in 100+ years. We're talking the Holy Grail. And for him to become a distraction, it's ridiculous.

Crying like a little bitch because he got sent down to Iowa for a few weeks -- boo f'ing hoo. Put on your big boy pants, go take some at-bats in AAA, and he'd be back by Sept 1st. He can seriously go F himself. Listening to his quotes, I'm embarrassed for him. Even if he begged to come back, I wouldn't take him.

Time for Jed to go find us a lefty off the bench who can hit.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I have a different take. He isnt crying, he is saying that he loves the Cubs and it's the only team he wants to play for. I often wonder why this doesnt happen more often. It's not all about money

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
I have a different take. He isnt crying, he is saying that he loves the Cubs and it's the only team he wants to play for. I often wonder why this doesnt happen more often. It's not all about money

I get that but he says the not wanting to play for any other team thing includes AAA Iowa. That's his job. I get being pissed that he lost his roster spot to a guy not hitting at all but if they hadn't done that they would have had to DFA Coghlan as he has no options. They're really in a roster crunch and they needed this guy to do what they asked. He's not being fair to his team or his teammates and no I don't buy the company line that the FO and players aren't mad. This is a pennant race and ain't nobody got time for that.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Give me a break he not crying...

Last I checked Iowa Cubs are part of the Cubs organization..

It doesn't happen more often because guys understand what the situation is and don't go home and bitch about it..
Also 99.9% sure that if any of these other guys decide not to report, their cut...

It doesn't have to be about money..
Going home and crying about how he doesn't need to play baseball and only wants to play for the Cubs, hurts the organization..
He was only going to be in Iowa a month til September 1st or if needed sooner..

Plus he probably was going to be included on the playoff roster... Now the Cubs most likely will have to look to add a LH bat for that spot..

Until I hear a better reason from him as to why he bailed, then he just a crying bitch to me because he not happy with what he was told to do by his boss.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Give me a break he not crying...

Last I checked Iowa Cubs are part of the Cubs organization..

It doesn't happen more often because guys understand what the situation is and don't go home and bitch about it..
Also 99.9% sure that if any of these other guys decide not to report, their cut...

It doesn't have to be about money..
Going home and crying about how he doesn't need to play baseball and only wants to play for the Cubs, hurts the organization..
He was only going to be in Iowa a month til September 1st or if needed sooner..

Plus he probably was going to be included on the playoff roster... Now the Cubs most likely will have to look to add a LH bat for that spot..

Until I hear a better reason from him as to why he bailed, then he just a crying bitch to me because he not happy with what he was told to do by his boss.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk
Not buying it

Harveylitup

Liked Posts:
Angels announcers are treating the Cubs well. They couldn't stop talking about Russell for an inning or so. I think they said something yesterday about the Athletics making a big mistake by giving up Addison...........

I wonder why Geovanny Soto never panned out.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Contreras doesnt have the kind of oppo power. Fans need to chill on those fly boys. He can go oppo, but its not going to be often.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Baez misses a homer by a foot. Too high, too high