IST: Cubs vs. Angels

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
With the rise of Edwards is lessens the bite with Rondon and Strop looking banged up. They need to bring up Grimm again if this goes DL.

What I would like to see is them resigning Chapman and converting Rondon into a starter.

What? Rondon will be 29 next season and hasnt thrown any form of higher innings since 2009. Talk about trying to stick a round peg in a square hole.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
With the rise of Edwards is lessens the bite with Rondon and Strop looking banged up. They need to bring up Grimm again if this goes DL.

What I would like to see is them resigning Chapman and converting Rondon into a starter.

I'm not so sure. He's got pitchers that hardly get into any games as it is and they're here while Grimm is at Iowa. While I'm guessing his confidence in Smith and Montgomery probably isn't particularly high....it's gotta be higher than Grimm. As long as the starters keep going deep into games, we might see LaStella heading back here.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I'm not so sure. He's got pitchers that hardly get into any games as it is and they're here while Grimm is at Iowa. While I'm guessing his confidence in Smith and Montgomery probably isn't particularly high....it's gotta be higher than Grimm. As long as the starters keep going deep into games, we might see LaStella heading back here.
LaStella hasn't played in 2 weeks..
He gonna need at least a week in Iowa before returning

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
La Stella should never be allowed within 5 miles of Wrigley.

My main concern right now is Strop. Brett from Bleacher didn't seem too concerned with it being a season ending injury. Of course that wasn't based on any info. Just his initial reaction to seeing it live wasn't doom and gloom.

But Edwards will have to assume 7th inning duty now. Montgomery better get his shit together now.

Can we bring Nathan back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
yeah, Grimmer will be back up now, its funny how CEII gets overlooked so much, even by a fan. You think Mongomery can finally earn his keep in the 7th, but thats only if they continue to take it easy with Rondon in the 8th with the triceps issue or they will probably use CEII in the 8th.

I dont know about Nathan, when its a numbers issue for a roster spot, I think there are rules about the team that waived him being able to claim him, but its been a week and nobody claimed him yet.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Those of youse who said Cubs didn't need or didn't like Chapman.....

How youse liking him now

K K K

Cubs Win

I agree, especially with the recent injuries. A team can never have enough solid arms. A closer of his caliber is tough to come by too. Well done once again Theo and I don't care what you gave up.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Why not? His teammates really like him.

Publicly they've expressed an affinity for La Stella, but I'd be willing to bet they think his behavior has been selfish and harmful. I would have cut him three days ago.

On a side note, if lack of offensive depth is a contributing factor to us not winning the pennant this year -- La Stella will go down in Cubbies lore along side Bartman, the black cat, and the Billy Goat. La Stella should be ashamed of himself.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Publicly they've expressed an affinity for La Stella, but I'd be willing to bet they think his behavior has been selfish and harmful. I would have cut him three days ago.

On a side note, if lack of offensive depth is a contributing factor to us not winning the pennant this year -- La Stella will go down in Cubbies lore along side Bartman, the black cat, and the Billy Goat. La Stella should be ashamed of himself.

We all must remember to also not walk under any ladders, open any umbrellas indoors, break any mirrors and avoid the #13 at all costs. It could cost the Cubs a World Series!!!!

:obama:

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

There is no value in cutting him, he is not needed right now, and has said he will not play anywhere else. Now, when we need to fill the 40 man roster to protect some from rule 5 draft, its a different story. I am sure he is on post august 1 waivers now, so if someone claims him, we can work out a deal to at least get a prospect back.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

He took the low road but him getting bumped for a hitter who should not be on a MLB team it is understandable that he took this stance.

You have to look at it as he is good enough to start in this league. He is but the talent the Cubs have is just that good where he is getting lost in the shuffle. Szczur is in the same boat. The difference is Szczur would be lost as he has no options. But as a player his numbers suggest regular player every day in the league. Szczur is not making a issue over it.

La Stella is also looking at his career. Mired behind the talent the Cubs have and then being bumped by a .149 hitter.... Ya he has to look at his future also.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
There is no value in cutting him, he is not needed right now, and has said he will not play anywhere else. Now, when we need to fill the 40 man roster to protect some from rule 5 draft, its a different story. I am sure he is on post august 1 waivers now, so if someone claims him, we can work out a deal to at least get a prospect back.
Guy says he doesn't want to play for anyone else so why would a team waste a claim on him or trade for him..

LaStella decision could possibly be the end of his baseball career if Cubs management decide to move on and not bring him back, which is likely to happen if they find a LH replacement through waivers as their looking for one now.

Other teams have to hesitate and think if this guy can walk away from Cubs at this point, and say he doesn't want to play for any other team and say baseball not important to him he could do other things. Why would they take a chance on him

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Guy says he doesn't want to play for anyone else so why would a team waste a claim on him or trade for him..

LaStella decision could possibly be the end of his baseball career if Cubs management decide to move on and not bring him back, which is likely to happen if they find a LH replacement through waivers as their looking for one now.

Other teams have to hesitate and think if this guy can walk away from Cubs at this point, and say he doesn't want to play for any other team and say baseball not important to him he could do other things. Why would they take a chance on him

I am sure his tune would change if someone actually claimed him and he had a spot on a major league roster and claiming him would simply be seeing what notes he was really playing.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I am sure his tune would change if someone actually claimed him and he had a spot on a major league roster and claiming him would simply be seeing what notes he was really playing.
If he decides at this point after what he said to go and play at another team minor league for a couple games to get himself ready again after being away a couple weeks, will show that he was being a cry baby bitch who got mad because he got sent down...

As far as Cubs go, they probably haven't put him on waivers yet.. Unless they did him and others earlier in month.
But I'm sure their going to keep that option open until they can find a replacement, because I'm sure Maddon probably had him set for a spot on playoff roster..