Official: 2016 Preseason Game ONE FOODBLOGTHREAD

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's August, the dog days of summer. It's hot, and it's sticky out there so we need something to counteract that. I'll be going with a grilled halibut that I will serve over a salsa made of peaches, peppers, and basil. I'm going to pair it with a liliko'i kepolo, which is a Belgian White Ale from Avery Brewing in Colorado.

images

Dog days of summer end tomorrow. They go from July 9th to August 11th.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Fair point. Much better to wait in line for an hour or so to spend money on an overrated $12 hamburger, instead of buying all of the ingredients you need for the same amount of money and practice cooking.

Actually, I bought a tuna steak not too long ago and just youtubed cooking instructions. Made it rare and it was delicious. I never would have thought that it was proper to cook it that way, but it turned out great.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Actually, I bought a tuna steak not too long ago and just youtubed cooking instructions. Made it rare and it was delicious. I never would have thought that it was proper to cook it that way, but it turned out great.

You didn't make it on a Thursday though, right?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well it's time to get the party started off right and per tradition on another site I quit for the third time last year, we'd put together a smorgasbord of posts about game day eats called "FOODBLOGTHREAD" and post it in the Bears forum even though it's a lil off topic. It's about sharing e-snacks you gonna be feasting on while watching bears beasting on their opponents erry week. It's about getting pumped! IS ANYONE EVEN PUMPED YET???

So here goes: I'll be working late 2mow night but still gotta feed my family so I'll be making a HHM household gameday staple - THE BIG SANDWICH

Starts off with a trip to the deli at Tony's Finer Foods, it's a one-stop shop that carries gr8 ingredients and not too pricey.

Bread: they stock 3 foot sub rolls from Chicago's D'Amato's Bakery. Bomb.com. Grabbing one of these.
Provolone cheese.
Mortadella
Capicoloa
Genoa Salami
Roast beef

Roma tomatoes - hopefully the paste tomatoes i'm growing are ripe enough, otherwise ALDI
Thin sliced onion
Shredded romaine

Got some pesto i'll mix with some mayo to get this sandwich properly lubed.

Oh, and bacon...

Pretty simple but delicious - I carve out the bread and save the innards for hunny buns later on (shout out to @Jamais Vu for the milkbread idea)

mayo on the bottom, pile up ingredients with veggies on the top, a lil oil and vinegar on that, then wrap the whole thing in plastic wrap and let that sit at room temp for an hour.

BOOM.

What U guys cooking/ordering/eating????

What a shitty foodblog. This is like the basic bitch of sandwiches. I bet you dont even cure or slice your own meat.

As for me, I will going with a lasagna with homemade GRAVY. Grounded up some nice pork yesterday. Picked some fresh basil I am drying out. My basil plant is huge right now. Made some fresh Mozz the other day. Will pick up some parmigiano reggiano and finish out by making some fresh lasagna noodels. Build that sucker and bake.

HHM would be ashamed you would make such a basic ass sandwich.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
this is one of the shitty things about living in Denver; the lack of decent food.

I've heard nothing but good things about this place and plan on getting some pies for our week one matchup.

PATXI’S CHERRY CREEK
185 Steele St.
Denver, CO 80206
303-331-1000

PATXI’S CHERRY HILLS
3455 S University Blvd.
Englewood, CO 80113
303-783-2000

PATXI’S UPTOWN
1598 E. 17th Ave.
Denver, CO 80218
303-832-8000

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Why would you think its not proper?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm working, but will watch the game at midnight once I get off. Probably watch the game while downing some nice warm lemon water with a side of weed.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Why would you think its not proper?

Growing up, I was raised that meat and fish had to be cooked all the way through. As I grew older, I learned from outside sources that different foods could be eaten raw / rare. Never tried sushi until I was 18. Loved it.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Growing up, I was raised that meat and fish had to be cooked all the way through. As I grew older, I learned from outside sources that different foods could be eaten raw / rare. Never tried sushi until I was 18. Loved it.

Watch that sushi. Not always the freshest, but Tuna should just be seared hard. Most other fishes you want to cook all the way through. Duck should be cooked medium rare. Things like that.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What about football? Should it be played on a Thursday?

Football can be played on a Thursday idiot.... but only e-plebs watch it, much less make/eat food during such a useless event.

Sometimes I wonder if any of you are at my e-level

Mitchapalooza

What a shitty foodblog. This is like the basic bitch of sandwiches. I bet you dont even cure or slice your own meat.

As for me, I will going with a lasagna with homemade GRAVY. Grounded up some nice pork yesterday. Picked some fresh basil I am drying out. My basil plant is huge right now. Made some fresh Mozz the other day. Will pick up some parmigiano reggiano and finish out by making some fresh lasagna noodels. Build that sucker and bake.

Up yours

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Da fuq is a noodel?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Exactly. What are you - under 30? There is no reason why someone under the age of 30 can't learn how to cook well by just watching clips on youtube. I think Gordon Ramsay even has a series of 15 minute shows specifically for someone with no background in it.

Not to mention, that's a hell of a skill to bring around a lady.

Bort

Liked Posts:

This is debatable. I'm not sure how we resolve this controversy.

Hmmmmm...... The only solution I can think of is to unban HHM and let him tell Johnny himself whether he thinks Johnny should be ashamed of his basic ass sandwich.