Edwards
Rondon
Smith

Montgomery
Wood
Chapman

DH lets you add 1 more to the roster.

Cahill

After that 1 has to be cut from the roster.

Smith should be that guy as he has been a complete dud. But it maybe Edwards as he has options and it gives Smith time to figure it out.
Theyve been carrying 8 so I expect Cahill will stay

Still think papelbon might come and then smith will go

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
The more I think about it, the more I want to stay far, far away from Paplebom. He just can't really pitch effectively anymore. The guy is throwing 89mph heaters. Thed Hoystein knows him as good as anybody - so if they are not picking up the phone, he's not the guy to get.

Anyways I've been pleased with Grimm Reaper's pitching lately. Let's hope he keeps it up. We'll need him, Montgomery and Edwards Jr in the worst of ways. Rondon will be back to his old self soon, but he'll probably have a few rusty performances.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Theyve been carrying 8 so I expect Cahill will stay

Still think papelbon might come and then smith will go

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

they will not pitch Cahill for a few days after he starts the dh game, so why keep him on the ml roster? They are hoping cahill will go 4 and montgomery 2 or 3.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
The more I think about it, the more I want to stay far, far away from Paplebom. He just can't really pitch effectively anymore. The guy is throwing 89mph heaters. Thed Hoystein knows him as good as anybody - so if they are not picking up the phone, he's not the guy to get.

Anyways I've been pleased with Grimm Reaper's pitching lately. Let's hope he keeps it up. We'll need him, Montgomery and Edwards Jr in the worst of ways. Rondon will be back to his old self soon, but he'll probably have a few rusty performances.

When Paplebon has pitched he's looked awful an at 35 that's not unheard of to fall off a cliff like that. I want no part of him.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
@CSNMooney: Why Jonathan Papelbon’s crazy act makes sense for #Cubs: bit.ly/2bcJlUr

Papelbon wants to be a cub
Lester vouching for him
Up to Epstein to decide if he wants him

It'll cost about 180 grand to sign him, can't hurt to see what he got to offer...
Can't be much worse then what Joe Smith been giving them

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
@CSNMooney: Why Jonathan Papelbon’s crazy act makes sense for #Cubs: bit.ly/2bcJlUr

Papelbon wants to be a cub
Lester vouching for him
Up to Epstein to decide if he wants him

It'll cost about 180 grand to sign him, can't hurt to see what he got to offer...
Can't be much worse then what Joe Smith been giving them

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Joe Smith sucks, but Papelbon and his 88mph fast ball isn't any better. The guy has been getting crushed all season. Why acquire another guy who sucks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Papillion ain't happenin'. Stick to butterflies.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Joe Smith sucks, but Papelbon and his 88mph fast ball isn't any better. The guy has been getting crushed all season. Why acquire another guy who sucks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it is 90 but ya still far from what he was. I believe they will end up just plugging Cahill in the 7th and Rondon in the 8th. Then they have to decide if they want to keep funky or let better pitchers like Edwards and Grimm be your depth.

It is a nice idea. Having a sidewinder. But here is the thing. Pitching from the side your strength is your breaking stuff. That pitch will slide across the plate on a horizontal plane more. To get a downward break you almost have to go with a screwball motion or a circle change grip and corkscrew the release.

Add to it they just match up better vs RH vs LH in general. Opposite to a LOOGY.