Is Matt Slauson bound for the Hall of Fame ?

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've said in a couple other posts that I believe cutting Slauson was a mistake. I agree with you. My point is all of the constant crying that he's gone. Its becoming similar to every thread being ruined by Cutler bitching, only now it's Slauson. I doubt there are that many that really agree with the cut, some have moved on and some not.

Dude, CTFD.

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
Players leave all the time, for good or ill. Just learn to let go...

a11fadabc2ed4708cb4796e6d0ac1ea2a8907c41cbc1310ea219fe864e9e3e57

Reactions: DC

Washington

Liked Posts:
Slauson for HOF? No, that is just silly. However, Slauson is better than Larsen and is better than Ramirez was and he is better than every other backup on the team now. So, I'd love to still have him as he would be a starter at center as of the first exhibition game and would have solidified a line and needs assistance.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think my brane malfunctioned. Guys, never buy discounted off-price branes.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've said in a couple other posts that I believe cutting Slauson was a mistake. I agree with you. My point is all of the constant crying that he's gone. Its becoming similar to every thread being ruined by Cutler bitching, only now it's Slauson. I doubt there are that many that really agree with the cut, some have moved on and some not.

A starting OL just went out for the year and the bears allowed 7 sacks and ran for like .5 ypc in the first preseason game. You don't think Slauson is going to come up?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Probable Bears record with Slauson. 6-10. Probable Bears record without Slauson 6-10(or 5-11). But the run stats would be better right?

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Probable Bears record with Slauson. 6-10. Probable Bears record without Slauson 6-10(or 5-11). But the run stats would be better right?

So a sucky team with a good player should just get rid of that player because they'll be sucky either way?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So a sucky team with a good player should just get rid of that player because they'll be sucky either way?

He's a decent player. He isn't elite or some world beater. It would be nice to have him but would it really matter by next year?

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

Just to be clear, you think the Oline is better without him?

And if the answer is no, do you think the Oline is important to the offense?

Stop being obtuse.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I'm confused about how Slauson would've been a backup. with as terrible as the line is, so everyone says, he should vastly outplay everyone and be a starter.

what am I missing here?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Stop being obtuse.

The O line would be better but he's gone.

AussieBear

whut he kant giv on da 2nd lvel he by far mades up for in da lockaroom as a leadar and mentur

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Stop being obtuse.

The team that can't win because of Cutler (your own words) can suddenly win because of Slauson??
Stop being a douche

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just to be clear, are the Slauson nuthuggers going to also be falling on swords next year if Cutler is released for a rookie QB? Because that is essentially what Pace and Fox did here.

Washington

Liked Posts:
The point to the whole thing is that Slauson is better than Larsen, is better than Ramirez was, and is better than EVERY other backup on the team. I don't give a rat's ass what the system is, you don't cut someone who is under contract, a team friendly one at that, when that player is better than every one of his alternatives. Every team will have injuries. Depth matters. With Slauson, he proved to be very capable last year playing out of position at C. He was insurance for Grasu (insurance that would have come into play before preseason even started) as well as for Whitehair and an injury to Long.

How's that new scheme at 1.3ypc with 7 sacks working out for us and the talent FoxPace has lined up there?