Is Matt Slauson bound for the Hall of Fame ?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The point to the whole thing is that Slauson is better than Larsen, is better than Ramirez was, and is better than EVERY other backup on the team. I don't give a rat's ass what the system is, you don't cut someone who is under contract, a team friendly one at that, when that player is better than every one of his alternatives. Every team will have injuries. Depth matters. With Slauson, he proved to be very capable last year playing out of position at C. He was insurance for Grasu (insurance that would have come into play before preseason even started) as well as for Whitehair and an injury to Long.

How's that new scheme at 1.3ypc with 7 sacks working out for us and the talent FoxPace has lined up there?

I agree with everything you are saying here, BUT....he's gone. All the crying in the world won't bring him back.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I agree with everything you are saying here, BUT....he's gone. All the crying in the world won't bring him back.

Pointing out facts, facts that became very apparent in the 1st game, is not crying - it is simply pointing out facts.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Pointing out facts, facts that became very apparent in the 1st game, is not crying - it is simply pointing out facts.

1st game hasn't been played yet

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
This thread has Urblocks name all over it.
He's busy.

man-gardening-planting-mums-21104182.jpg

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd just like to go on record that I'm against the merging of my thread with this thread. Mine had nothing to do with Slauson's HOF standing. The focus was on raising money for a Slauson billboard and/or statue outside Solider Field. I'm concerned it will just get lost in the shuffle now no longer being a standalone thread. Thoughts?

Get any donars yet?

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The point to the whole thing is that Slauson is better than Larsen, is better than Ramirez was, and is better than EVERY other backup on the team. I don't give a rat's ass what the system is, you don't cut someone who is under contract, a team friendly one at that, when that player is better than every one of his alternatives. Every team will have injuries. Depth matters. With Slauson, he proved to be very capable last year playing out of position at C. He was insurance for Grasu (insurance that would have come into play before preseason even started) as well as for Whitehair and an injury to Long.

How's that new scheme at 1.3ypc with 7 sacks working out for us and the talent FoxPace has lined up there?

Do you really think he would have liked staying here to be a back-up to Whitehair/Long and Grassu? They let him go cause they wanted to start those younger guys and so he could get a starting gig for another team.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Yep. Sometimes people out think themselves and clearly FoxPace did it here. Then they lose Grasu and it is a pile of shit that you get left with. Just imagine the pile of real shit that would happen if Long had gone down:(

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do you really think he would have liked staying here to be a back-up to Whitehair/Long and Grassu? They let him go cause they wanted to start those younger guys and so he could get a starting gig for another team.

Ha Ha Ha Ha. Do you really think that they gave a shit about Slauson?

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
I have to admit I'm a little surprised. I haven't followed Ted Larsen all that much, but I didn't realize he was a HOF'er.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who is crying?

We love the Bears. We see some head scratching bullshit go down and call it out. The storm is quelled for patience sake, only to see that total shit show.

You don't want it to flare up again? You are dreaming!!

Its going to flare up again in the first 3 weeks of the regular season too, and we will accept it and quit pointing at Pace when he addresses it out of desperation next season. I guess. It would help if he owned it.

Personally I've lost my faith in the guy and am cringing and preparing myself to ride out the next 3-4 years while he fucks the Bears in the arse, gets fired, and we start the rebuild all over again.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Slauson was pushed out because Turnstile Long couldn't handle not being the Top Dog on the OL.

Another Pace Fail.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
fucking stupid post. All the hyperbole in the world wont change that Slauson played better than any other OL last year and this year would be at least the 2nd best OL on the team.

Nobody has claimed Slauson is some fucking super hero. But it is a fact that he is better than every other OL on the team save Long. Maybe Whitehair with time.

I don't know why people are working so hard to justify letting Slauson go. Seems like the consensus around here is that Pace projected Slauson would be on the bench - which is fine. But then released him to be a nice guy - which is fucking stupid.

All the fucking stupid hyperbole bullshit around here does not refute these facts.

#FullBotfly is so much better than #FullHawk

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
#FullBotfly is so much better than #FullHawk

You would think we got rid of Logan Mankins or Steve Hutchinson in their prime the way Hawk is acting over letting Slauson go.