DeMarcus Cousins

Troy23

Liked Posts:
Is there legit interest from the Bulls in trading for Cousins?

If so, could this actually happen and what are peoples thoughts?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just acquire him via free agency. Thats the point of signing Rondo from Sacramento, and Wade.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I was the Kings GM, I would seriously consider trading DeMarcus Cousins for Boris Diaw and a retired Andrei Kirilenko.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think this Garpax/Hoiball will trade McDermott.

But with the emergence of Portis, we could let go either Portis or Mirotic for Cousins along with Gibson/Snell and picks or whatever garbage is needed to match salaries, even involve another team.

I'm fine with that, but Cousins isn't going to cater to Sacramento's needs, we should use that single piece we have to move in order to build the future or acquire something else in case of injury, or even keep those two to develop as they fit Hoiball.

I think our best move is to do without this season, let the Cousins/Sac situation turn toxic so that he won't aprove a sign and trade, and then pay market value for Cousins without loss of assets.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like I really don't see the benefit of this trade for the Kings. The chances of them getting lucky and finding a big in the draft is slim to none...they'll be in a position to give him the most money at the end of the season...you gotta roll the dice.

D

the kings have already acquired three bigs to replace him, he is gone. let him walk, be there with a red carpet and a winning team

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Like I really don't see the benefit of this trade for the Kings. The chances of them getting lucky and finding a big in the draft is slim to none...they'll be in a position to give him the most money at the end of the season...you gotta roll the dice.

D

They will also be in the position for losing him for nothing. I say trade him now while he may have have value. They won't get many young players for a guy that can walk. I think a mid tier package is the best they can hope for. Getting mirotic and mcdermott back might be the best return. They very well might end up being the next cavs or thunder. Being left with no hope.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
They will also be in the position for losing him for nothing. I say trade him now while he may have have value. They won't get many young players for a guy that can walk. I think a mid tier package is the best they can hope for. Getting mirotic and mcdermott back might be the best return. They very well might end up being the next cavs or thunder. Being left with no hope.

the problem is youre offering the kings guys that are going to be free agents as well. so theres no guarantee they keep any of those players any longer than they can keep cousins for. the kings would want guys they can control for 3 or 4 years that are young with potential

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
the problem is youre offering the kings guys that are going to be free agents as well. so theres no guarantee they keep any of those players any longer than they can keep cousins for. the kings would want guys they can control for 3 or 4 years that are young with potential

And they won't be getting that for cousins. The bulls can offer combinations of portis, gibson, mirotic, mcdermott, valentine. If garpax is serious they could get it done.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i don't care either way

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't give up Portis for Cousins because I really really want to see what they look like next to each other.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't give up Portis for Cousins because I really really want to see what they look like next to each other.

what??? I just read that 3 times and it doesn't make any more sense...you trade Portis for Cousins in a heartbeat!!! Lol...

I guarantee you it won't be McHale/Parish anyway...unless I am totally missing something...

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:

unfortunately this isn't 2k, you don't tell Kings no thanks because you want to see what he looks like next to Portis. everybody but Butler/Wade should be on the table.

although i have serious issues with DMC's defense, but ive been told hes improved allot in that area. a few years ago he was a walking foul machine...not what i want at center, no matter his offensive talent.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't give them Portis for a player they can't sign about to hit free agency, sorry.

Portis has as good of range as Cousins, is younger, cheaper, has a way better attitude and plays better defense. Together their mutual length would cause issues and rebounding/defense good enough to start McBuckets with Butler covering as well.

Put Wade or Rondo out there and you have a nasty lineup with range and height. slow though.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
I don't give them Portis for a player they can't sign about to hit free agency, sorry.

then you don't want DMC.

im thinking Boston will swoop in anyway

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
With our current coach cousins would be a disaster. We have the trestman of basketball right now. If we had thibs still cousins would be a no brainer

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With our current coach cousins would be a disaster. We have the trestman of basketball right now. If we had thibs still cousins would be a no brainer

I think you have that backwards.

You think Cousins would take to a disciplinarian and buy into 3 a day practices at full speed?

I think we have a better chance with the former NBA players coach Hoiberg personally.