Watching cowboys, rams game on nil network

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
No one, on either side of the great Cutler debate should be happy about the future of the Bears QB situation, as it currently stands.

Cutler isn't the future, he is the "now", and maybe the "next year" or the next couple years. But there needs to be a youth movement behind him and it better happen soon. Clearly David Fales isnt the answer. He should be gone. Insert Shaw. If Shaw cant take over the #2 spot by the end of this season, get rid of him. Draft a new one. If he does, then replace Hoyer with a draft pick.

I hope that this year there were just too many other holes to fill and they ran out of picks to worry about the QB3/ Hopeful QB2. If there's not a QB drafted next year, then my head will explode.

Cutler is extremely athletic, has shown no signs of losing velocity with his arm, qbs can play well into their 30s. So I'm good with saying the Bears passed on another qb this year because they don't find it a need at the current moment. Cutler has another 3-5 years. I was right again I was the past 2 years when I said the Bears aren't going to draft a qb. I wouldn't be shocked to see them grab a guy in the 3rd or 4th this coming year to groom for a few 2-3 seasons, evaluate and go from there.

But you know 6 is here to stay. Period

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
Cutler is extremely athletic, has shown no signs of losing velocity with his arm, qbs can play well into their 30s. So I'm good with saying the Bears passed on another qb this year because they don't find it a need at the current moment. Cutler has another 3-5 years. I was right again I was the past 2 years when I said the Bears aren't going to draft a qb. I wouldn't be shocked to see them grab a guy in the 3rd or 4th this coming year to groom for a few 2-3 seasons, evaluate and go from there.

I dont love Cutler as much as the next guy (In this example, we'll say the next guy's name is Desporado34), and I dont hate Cutler as much as the next guy (For an example, lets just call the next guy Broc). There's points made on both sides of that debate that I agree with. But overall I do agree with you that Jay will likely be around for a couple more seasons.

But that doesn't mean we should be completely fucking screwed behind Jay. Fales shouldnt be allowed to enter 2 training camps as the #3 QB. It's even worse when the #2 spot has the names Clausen and Hoyer tied to it. Think about the 3 quarters of the Arizona game and all of the Seattle game last year, how bad must Fales be?

The Bears are a concussion, pulled groin or broken thumb away from being fucked again if Jay misses games. 2011 should have taught them a good lesson, but it keeps getting ignored.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
You have a very valid point. I just find it funny to some they don't appreciate what cutler brings to this team. Example A. 2011 and missing playoffs because Jay was out. Example B. AZ and and Sea game.

I just don't think the Bears care enough to draft a qb because they do see him as the guy moving forward, but a good backup would be nice I agree. Then again, how many teams have a good backup? Wish Mccown would get cut

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lmao I cannot wait seriously for you to shut the fuck up with your cutler hate. It'll be glorious.

What would be glorious would be Cutler actually delivering on the breakout season you predict every fucking year. 7+ years of failed predictions and you're still talking shit like you have any sort of credibility here lol. If anyone here needs to STFU it's you. You're an embarrassment to all Bears fans.

U mad once again fox and pace think cutler is the guy to build around and move forward with?

If you actually think Pace is "building around" a 33 year old chronic underachiever you're even dumber than I thought. If it wasn't for his ridiculous contract he'd already be gone. Hate to burst your bubble but being stuck with a guy because nobody will take his awful contract off your books and the front office is too cheap to eat the dead money is NOT the same as building around him.

You've become another dumb fan and a minority, those in charge of the team with jobs on the line love cutler as the qb.

It's absolutely hilarious that you think you're in the majority on this topic.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
"I think Jay knows that we have extreme confidence in him, and we're going to continue to build the offense around him," Pace said

"I think Jay knows that we have extreme confidence in him, and we're going to continue to build the offense around him," Pace said

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lmao I cannot wait seriously for you to shut the fuck up with your cutler hate. It'll be glorious.

U mad once again fox and pace think cutler is the guy to build around and move forward with?

You've become another dumb fan and a minority, those in charge of the team with jobs on the line love cutler as the qb.
And there's been those before Fox and Pace who thought Cutler was the guy to build around and subsequently lost their jobs when it became quite apparent they were wrong.

People like you don't like Cutler cause you think he makes the Bears a better football team. They've been horrid with him. So either you like your supposedly favorite team coming up well short of the playoffs every year or you're simply gay for Jay.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

yep....and that's WHY jay has ZERO incentive to improve as a Qb or as a leader.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:

Translation: "We tried to dump him the past 2 seasons but nobody would trade for him so we're stuck with him until 2017 when we can cut him and only take a $2m cap hit"

Leave it to Dumbass34 to buy into standard GM speak like it's the actual truth. As if he's going to come out and publicly bash a player he's stuck with and make this situation more toxic than it already is. Of course he's going to talk up the situation like it's ideal. But hey, maybe if you paste it a few more times it'll make it true lol!

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The Bears have been anchored with Cutler's contract these last two years. This is the last year in which getting rid of him would be financially devastating. He's objectively sucked for pretty much the entire time he's been a Bear. If you think they're going to stick with him after this season when they no longer have to, you're deluded.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
The Bears have been anchored with Cutler's contract these last two years. This is the last year in which getting rid of him would be financially devastating. He's objectively sucked for pretty much the entire time he's been a Bear. If you think they're going to stick with him after this season when they no longer have to, you're deluded.

Lmao oh please

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What makes you believe that he will suddenly be a different QB.

You kind of act like the woman who keeps getting beat up by the same dude, all the while hoping he will change.

Get over it he is who he is.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:

You kind of act like the woman who keeps getting beat up by the same dude, all the while hoping he will change.

It's pathetic you constantly dog the best qb the Bears ever had, statistically one of the best ever in 4th quarter come backs and one who keeps his team in the game.

Hate on though, I'll make sure to bump your guys stupid remarks when he brings the bears back again for a comeback win and get my last laugh

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

He likes who Cutler is, because who needs success at the most important position in the game when you have an alpha bro with an on fleek hairdo who gives off a high energy, non-cuck attitude?

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
In other words, you have no response because you can't rebut a word I said.

This is you every year.

"This.. This is gonna be the draft the Bears get a qb.. I just know it!"

3 years later..

"This is going to be the draft! They scouted players!"

*crickets*

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
And there's been those before Fox and Pace who thought Cutler was the guy to build around and subsequently lost their jobs when it became quite apparent they were wrong.

People like you don't like Cutler cause you think he makes the Bears a better football team. They've been horrid with him. So either you like your supposedly favorite team coming up well short of the playoffs every year or you're simply gay for Jay.

Love my Bears, but I know good players.

I was the only one who thought mccown was going to be an awesome backup on here .

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
He likes who Cutler is, because who needs success at the most important position in the game when you have an alpha bro with an on fleek hairdo who gives off a high energy, non-cuck attitude?

How bad does it look for Lynch that he might get beat out by a 7th round draft choice out of Northwestern of all schools?